Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 08-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Spurs looking to sign Pargo

Quote:
Jeff McDonald: Spurs and Pargo?

The last time the Spurs saw Jannero Pargo, he was jacking up jump shots for New Orleans in the waning moments of Game 7 of last season's Western Conference semifinals. There is a chance the next jumper Pargo hoists could come in a Spurs uniform.

The rumor in one Western Conference front office Monday afternoon had it that Pargo was about to agree to -- or perhaps already had agreed to -- a deal that would have brought the backup point guard to San Antonio.

Ah, but not so fast.

Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, acknowledged ongoing talks with the Spurs, but said his client has yet to agree to a deal with anyone.

"The Spurs speak for themselves," Bartelstein said Monday. "It's a great place to play. They are limited in what they can do financially, but we are definitely talking to them."

The Spurs spent the lion's share of their mid-level exception to sign former Washington guard Roger Mason Jr. -- another Bartelstein client -- earlier this summer. The team still has a $2.9 million biannual exception at its disposal, more than double the $1.08 million Pargo would have earned next season in New Orleans had he not opted out of his contract.

The 28-year-old Pargo, the primary backup to All-Star Chris Paul in New Orleans, beefed up his value on the open market with a solid postseason in which he averaged 10.2 points per game. He had a 30-point game against Dallas in the first round, and scored 18 against the Spurs in Game 7 of the conference semis.

The Spurs' apparent pursuit of Pargo is a bit surprising, given the glut of backup point-guards that ought to grace their opening day roster. The Spurs used their first-round draft choice on George Hill, with designs on having him compete with veteran Jacque Vaughn for minutes behind Tony Parker. They signed Mason in part because of his ability to play some point guard in a pinch.

The Spurs are one of a handful of teams in the hunt for Pargo, who still has not ruled out a return to New Orleans.

"We're trying to get to a decision, no question," Bartelstein said. "We're working on it, but no decision has come as of yet."

The Pargo-to-San-Antonio rumors remain just rumors, for now.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...s-j-pargo.html

From Spurs Report. I would like to sign him, but we seem to have an over-flurry of small guards with Hill coming in and the signing of Mason. If we did sign Pargo I would see him with limited minutes, playing mostly the 2. He could be a good fit and we do need some more outside shooting with Barry and possibly Finley gone.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: Spurs looking to sign Pargo

I wanted Pargo since the playoffs, he'd be a better backup than George Hill until he's ready to take over. Hopefully we can sign him.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Marny!

Wtf? Why don't you come back to ISH full time?

N B Dimensions sucks ass, and is full of ignorant, rude 12 year olds.

The Pacers forum needs you!
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Arrow Re: Spurs looking to sign Pargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Marny!

Wtf? Why don't you come back to ISH full time?

N B Dimensions sucks ass, and is full of ignorant, rude 12 year olds.

The Pacers forum needs you!

Hi?

Some kid tj#11, the most annoying little guy in the world -- he's like 15, he told me he had a wife who was pregnant lol, but he's actually just a lil tyke. He likes the Pacers, and he's annoying as ****; he kind of ruined the Pacers for me.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

I would love for the Spurs to sign Pargo to back up Parker. Put Manu back in the starting lineup and Mason could backup Manu. Pargo and Mason could be inter-changeable 6th men. And it would cut down on the scoring droughts.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 AM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Hi?

Some kid tj#11, the most annoying little guy in the world -- he's like 15, he told me he had a wife who was pregnant lol, but he's actually just a lil tyke. He likes the Pacers, and he's annoying as ****; he kind of ruined the Pacers for me.

I see how it is, you don't need us anymore.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: