Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Aching, days after workout

So a few days ago I worked out for a few hours and usually it would be normal to maybe ache a little the next day but I've been aching for like 4 days now, arms, chest, abs and legs. I didn't feel like I over did it because I didn't do much more than I usually do. Any ideas why this might happen? It's unusual for me as I usually only ache a little the next day. Any ways of preventing the aching?

Thanks.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
oday2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oday2 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Aching, days after workout

have you hydrated and eaten properly ?
oday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

It is hard to say. You may need more recovery days or reduce the intensity of your workouts to allow your body time to adapt. How often do you work out? Do you vary your workouts? Do you workout at the same time each or every other day? There are multiple varibles to consider. But on the real, I hope that all goes well for you and hope that you feel better.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

my rep basketball coach always used to say "residual soreness in weakness leaving the body!"

BUT its most like after a workout that was a "few hours" long, that you haven't been drinking enough water or taken in enough protein for the rebuilding of your muscle tissue
could that be it?
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
KJones
Banned

KJones has an OK reputation so far

Replenish your glycogen stores after workouts, make sure you are getting enough protein to help rebuild the muscle fibers you ripped up during your workouts. If you have a proper 60 to 120 minute post workout recovery plan you can eliminate all next day muscle soreness and post workout muscle fatigue.

Jump 18 inches higher in 1 weeks:
http://www.program51.com
KJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Do you do a warm up at the start of your workout? Do you do a cool down after your workouts?

Before you workout, you need to prepare your body. You need to raise the pulse and get the blood flowing. Get a little sweat going. You also need to stretch your muscles so that you reduce the risk of injury. A lot of people get injured by trying to work cold, unprepared muscles.

After you workout, you basically do the same. This is to help remove lactic acid from the body. If you're not doing a cool down and removing the lactic acid you could be suffering from DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), which can be pretty painful if you don't get rid of that lactic acid.

Simple stretching and a light jog at the end of your workout can help remove the lactic acid.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #7
the.powerhouse
I hit open layups

the.powerhouse has an OK reputation so far

When you say after a workout, do you mean after basketball drills or after a weight session?
the.powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #8
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.powerhouse
When you say after a workout, do you mean after basketball drills or after a weight session?

weight session
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
the.powerhouse
I hit open layups

the.powerhouse has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
weight session

Well, in that case first of all I’d leave out the ‘few hours’ part. Unless you are a body builder who needs to do a billion isolated routines you will just be hurting yourself if you work out for longer than an hour. More than that could slowly lead to overtraining. You'll feel fine for a while, and then like you described all of a sudden you take ages to recover from workouts. If that is the case you might have to just rest for 2 weeks or more.

Specially as a basketball player, we put our bodies under a lot of stress anyway. Ideally we should only hit the weight room hard during the summer, and just keep a maintenance program going throughout the season. A lot of good NBA player take a few months during the Summer where they hardly touch a basketball and just do weights and combined with plyometrics, sprint training, etc.

You’d be a lot better off doing a short 40-60 min intense workout. Try to make the most out of your workouts by doing squats, deadlifts etc, where you workout multiple muscle groups at the same time.

Plus do you plan your training schedule into monthly phases (Basic Strength Training, Hypertrophy, Maximal Strength Training)?

Last edited by the.powerhouse : 03-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
the.powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Hoopla has an OK reputation so far

Firstly, if you're not supplementing with protein then start doing so! If you are, get yourself some dextrose or maltodextrin to take with your protein : if your blood sugar level isn't returned to a resting level before you take protein the body will convert it into sugars which is a total waste.
__________________________________________________ ______________
11 ideas to improve your mental ability in basketball.
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: