Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Anybody remember that 'Ghostface' review of Drake's album from a few years ago? Pretty much sums up the situation-

Big Ghost Presents: The Take Care Review

Ayo whattup yall...the Hands of Zeus aka Thor Molecules aka Phantom Raviolis aka Cocaine Biceps... otherwise known as The Blog King n the Inventor of the Slap...is now officially back in the building namsayin. As summa yalls already kno...the god aint really no big fan of the ***** whose album Im bout to discuss nahmean. But Imma give this shit a unbiased real ass ***** persective yo. Imma ga'head n introduce the ***** now namsayin. Ayo...kinda like ya boy Big Ghost...son goes by many names b...Drizzy or Aubrey or jus Aubs...n the Artist Formerly Known as Wheelchair Jimmy nahmean. But yalls might know him as The Kitten Whisperer aka The Harvester of Pauses aka The Taio Cruz of Hip Hop aka Young Garnier Fructis the pre-*** baby aka Jennifer Aniston's favorite emcee....n the mutha****a most likely to have a gateway to Narnia in his closet aka The Michael Buble of Rap or that ***** witta beatin ****** for a heart that you be hearin on the radio sandwiched between Katy Perry n Lady Gaga joints all day aka Justin Biebers beard n the only ***** on earth capable of turnin sandpaper into moist towelettes wit the touch of his hands...the ****** nectar-garglin ***** who makes lambs look dangerous hisself.....otherwise known as the Human Electric Slide... OctobVariesOwn....Drake. Now I promise yall...I aint got no expectations or plans to hate on this ***** unless the shit jus so happens to be wack nahmean...Word is bond. Truth is...I aint really got nothin against son like that yo. Aight lets go...

Great Read

i used die laughin over these reviews

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    From what I've heard, the woman he talks about on the song is hip-hop. He's respecting Wu Tang with this song. Using a sample in the song.
    Common Sense already did a song with that kind of theme.

Banned

But yalls might know him as The Kitten Whisperer aka The Harvester of Pauses aka The Taio Cruz of Hip Hop aka Young Garnier Fructis the pre-*** baby aka Jennifer Aniston's favorite emcee....n the mutha****a most likely to have a gateway to Narnia in his closet aka The Michael Buble of Rap

F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking "Harvester of Pauses"

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    I actually like the song. I can see why people might not like it, but if your angry just because he is using the name Wu Tang Forever as a song title you should get the **** over yourself

From what I've heard, the woman he talks about on the song is hip-hop. He's respecting Wu Tang with this song. Using a sample in the song.
    It's just not that he used WuTang's title, and a sample snippet.

It sucks by all accounts, only his fans will like it.

But aside from that, he's basically the opposite of what Wu is and everything they stand against in this song.

Perhaps if he came in spitting hard shit and not just bite their lines it would be a different story. But how you gonna pay homage and say you're giving respect when you're basically going against everything they stood for?

Drake has some talent, I've heard him spit a bar or two that made me go "That's Drake?… not that bad" naturally, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. But the main reason some of us dislike him is due to his style. He comes off as well… CORNY, cause he is. He acts like a boss but we all see through him. He tries to act hard, but he's singing in his songs like a ho ass b*tch.

I mean, he can at least pretend better.

And it aint necessarily about his singing, it's the type of singing. Mos Def is a great example of how a rapper can sing and not sound well… like a F#ggot.

He's just corny all over.

If you looked up 'cornball' in the dictionary he'd have his face plastered all over it.

It aint cause he's Canadian cause there's Canadian rappers that can spit and aren't corny.
    Last edited by andgar923; 09-14-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Anybody remember that 'Ghostface' review of Drake's album from a few years ago? Pretty much sums up the situation-

Ayo whattup yall...the Hands of Zeus aka Thor Molecules aka Phantom Raviolis aka Cocaine Biceps... otherwise known as The Blog King n the Inventor of the Slap...is now officially back in the building namsayin. As summa yalls already kno...the god aint really no big fan of the ***** whose album Im bout to discuss nahmean. But Imma give this shit a unbiased real ass ***** persective yo. Imma ga'head n introduce the ***** now namsayin. Ayo...kinda like ya boy Big Ghost...son goes by many names b...Drizzy or Aubrey or jus Aubs...n the Artist Formerly Known as Wheelchair Jimmy nahmean. But yalls might know him as The Kitten Whisperer aka The Harvester of Pauses aka The Taio Cruz of Hip Hop aka Young Garnier Fructis the pre-*** baby aka Jennifer Aniston's favorite emcee....n the mutha****a most likely to have a gateway to Narnia in his closet aka The Michael Buble of Rap or that ***** witta beatin ****** for a heart that you be hearin on the radio sandwiched between Katy Perry n Lady Gaga joints all day aka Justin Biebers beard n the only ***** on earth capable of turnin sandpaper into moist towelettes wit the touch of his hands...the ****** nectar-garglin ***** who makes lambs look dangerous hisself.....otherwise known as the Human Electric Slide... OctobVariesOwn....Drake. Now I promise yall...I aint got no expectations or plans to hate on this ***** unless the shit jus so happens to be wack nahmean...Word is bond. Truth is...I aint really got nothin against son like that yo. Aight lets go...

Great Read

Shit got me rollin

Typical of andgar to like Mos Def and credit him for his singing, when almost every Mos album where hes strayed from rapping has been looked at as weak.

Wu is against everything Drake stands for? What is that andgar? Please inform us. lol...

Idiots on here talking about music as if its life or death. lol.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Great Read
    That's one of the greatest summaries I've ever had the pleasure to read.

(Holy sh!t is Triumph a great track)

[QUOTE=andgar923]It's just not that he used WuTang's title, and a sample snippet.

It sucks by all accounts, only his fans will like it.

But aside from that, he's basically the opposite of what Wu is and everything they stand against in this song.

Perhaps if he came in spitting hard shit and not just bite their lines it would be a different story. But how you gonna pay homage and say you're giving respect when you're basically going against everything they stood for?

Drake has some talent, I've heard him spit a bar or two that made me go "That's Drake?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Typical of andgar to like Mos Def and credit him for his singing, when almost every Mos album where hes strayed from rapping has been looked at as weak.

Wu is against everything Drake stands for? What is that andgar? Please inform us. lol...

Idiots on here talking about music as if its life or death. lol.
    Been looked at as weak by whom? Mos has been universally hailed even when he sings.

If you don't know what Wu stands for, then you should stop typing now.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Been looked at as weak by whom? Mos has been universally hailed even when he sings.

If you don't know what Wu stands for, then you should stop typing now.
    Of course you can't tell me.

You're going to pretend you have elite knowledge like you do in most topics, when you probably slight over some material and act like you wrote the book on it.
    You're like first year psych students that act like they can read you when they've read some basic material.

Of course you can't tell me.

You're going to pretend you have elite knowledge like you do in most topics, when you probably slight over some material and act like you wrote the book on it.
    You're like first year psych students that act like they can read you when they've read some basic material.
    You're the one acting as if you know shit, you tell me.

It seems most people are disagreeing with you, because you don't have no clue. I'm stating the obvious, no need to explain the obvious, it's your issue if you need me to.

dafuq is this shyt

You're the one acting as if you know shit, you tell me.

It seems most people are disagreeing with you, because you don't have no clue. I'm stating the obvious, no need to explain the obvious, it's your issue if you need me to.
    You're the one that brought it up dipshit, hence burden of proof on you.

Disagreeing with me? So, they don't like the song, good for them. You're the one telling me that that's not what Wu Tang are about.

Still waiting for you to provide the evidence, but you can't. Deflecting.

You're the one that brought it up dipshit, hence burden of proof on you.

Disagreeing with me? So, they don't like the song, good for them. You're the one telling me that that's not what Wu Tang are about.

Still waiting for you to provide the evidence, but you can't. Deflecting.
    You're the only one that needs to know. Nobody else does cause they don't need it explained to them.

Nobody needs "evidence" of anything because it's common knowledge.

You're the only one that needs to know. Nobody else does cause they don't need it explained to them.

Nobody needs "evidence" of anything because it's common knowledge.
    Deflecting.

You really are clueless.

Keep bumping Triumph at Macy's when you're working.