Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm a possessive boyfriend - what can I do?

I don't do anything BAD (worst I've done in relation to this is snoop my girlfriends facebook once, phone twice, and email twice), but I'm still over-possessive.

Here is the skinny:

- my girlfriend is pretty and has a good body (#1 reason i didnt make this thread earlier is cuz people will think im bragging. im not)
    - she likes to wear outfits that display this fact (not skanky whatsoever, but not plain clothes either)
    - she is in another city until next september

See, I get a terrible feeling when I think about her dressing nicely and having boys gawking at her. I KNOW it's ok for her to dress that way - she's a girly girl and likes to look nice. But I catch myself being mad at her for wearing a tight skirt of something even though she only wore it to work!

I have zero fear of her leaving me, so that's not what this is about. I just hate the thought of guys checking her out, her dressing in a way that allows this, etc.

she's told me that guys have said she looks like a model (ugh... models look gross. my gf has a pear-type body shape, so dont get the wrong idea!), i found a message in her facebook messages from a guy calling her hot. i know it happens. but i also know there is nothing to worry about.

but i still feel like shit about it.

what can i do?

Default Re: I'm a possessive boyfriend - what can I do?

post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by KissMySwag

haha i expected these comments!

hey guys, dont bother asking for pics. she hasn't sent me any since summer and she is too stressed from school now, lol! so if i cant get any, neither will you!

Anybody else feel over possessive like I do?

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    I don't do anything BAD (worst I've done in relation to this is snoop my girlfriends facebook once, phone twice, and email twice), but I'm still over-possessive.

Here is the skinny:

- my girlfriend is pretty and has a good body (#1 reason i didnt make this thread earlier is cuz people will think im bragging. im not)
    - she likes to wear outfits that display this fact (not skanky whatsoever, but not plain clothes either)
    - she is in another city until next september

See, I get a terrible feeling when I think about her dressing nicely and having boys gawking at her. I KNOW it's ok for her to dress that way - she's a girly girl and likes to look nice. But I catch myself being mad at her for wearing a tight skirt of something even though she only wore it to work!

I have zero fear of her leaving me, so that's not what this is about. I just hate the thought of guys checking her out, her dressing in a way that allows this, etc.

she's told me that guys have said she looks like a model (ugh... models look gross. my gf has a pear-type body shape, so dont get the wrong idea!), i found a message in her facebook messages from a guy calling her hot. i know it happens. but i also know there is nothing to worry about.

but i still feel like shit about it.

what can i do?
    well then whats the problem. Even if you are with her 24/7, if she wears scantily clad outfits, then guys will look at her. You should take it as a compliment bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
    well then whats the problem. Even if you are with her 24/7, if she wears scantily clad outfits, then guys will look at her. You should take it as a compliment bro.
    She doesn't wear anything that could be called scantily clad. Just the opposite. But when you have an ass like that, a slightly-tight skirt looks great.

This whole 'taking it as a compliment thing' - wouldn't someone have to be extremely shallow to feel that way?

Bottom line, I don't like guys checking out my girlfriend. *I* am the one who helps her with her problems, listen to her day, drives to another city to see her, etc., not them - not them. I think being attractive is a very personal thing, AND I am a very loyal person, so put those together and I just think other guys should not get to look at her like that.

I know I cant ask her to dress like a dump (again, she doesnt dress sexy, she is physically attractiveness and it shows through), nor can I limit her exposure. Not what I would ever consider doing that.

So how do I not get this huge anxiety when I think about guys getting to look at her?

she's told me that guys have said she looks like a model

Why is she telling YOU this?

How has that come up in conversation? I'd be a bit skeptical about a female, telling me about how OTHER men tell her how attractive she is.

shhhhhhh

You should probably date ugly women until you're emotionally mature enough to handle the hotties

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Why is she telling YOU this?

How has that come up in conversation? I'd be a bit skeptical about a female, telling me about how OTHER men tell her how attractive she is.
    I know what you're thinking. It's not that, haha

it was someone from her school telling their mutual friend, who then told my gf, while he was drunk, that she looks like a vietnamese supermodel. my gf thought it was funny cuz she really doesnt look like a supermodel at all cuz she is thick. i didnt find it funny, but that's the context she said it in

I know what you're thinking. It's not that, haha

it was someone from her school telling their mutual friend, who then told my gf, while he was drunk, that she looks like a vietnamese supermodel. my gf thought it was funny cuz she really doesnt look like a supermodel at all cuz she is thick. i didnt find it funny, but that's the context she said it in
    You sound like you don't understand life.

I thought the title said "I'm a professional boyfriend", I'm no longer interested.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

STOP WHINING MAN

BE PROUD OF IT....YOU KNOW OTHER DUDE WOULD BE SAYING..."DAMN, THIS CHICK IS HOT.....THAT DUDE IS LUCKY TO BANG THAT CHICK IF SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND, WISH THAT WAS ME"

AND YOU POSTED THIS THREAD?....WTF IS THAT.......YOU"RE ACTING LIKE A B!TCH....I CAN SEE WHY YOUR GIRL FKED SOME ANOTHER

You're not an over possessive boyfriend.

If you were, you wouldn't let her dress in ANY way that hows off her figure.

You are an insecure boyfriend and someone who doesn't understand reality.

You say you aren't afraid of her leaving you, yet it bothers you that guys find her attractive and look at her because she is hot. If you weren't insecure, these things would not both you.

As for personal attraction being a "personal thing", um, no. Just, no. Your thoughts are personal. The way you look in PUBLIC, is, well, PUBLIC.

Learn yourself some life, kid.