Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do the Lakers and Rockets have a rivalry now?

I always thought we had one. While it was one sided, I felt it was. I hated the Lakers. Mainly Kobe, but the Lakers as a whole because they've beat us in the playoffs before. More than once. I've noticed a lot of Lakers fans wishing us bad juju since DH chose us. Can we agree that it's a rivalry now or are we still not on you guys radar?

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Do the Lakers and Rockets have a rivalry now?

Rivalries are born from great battles that have a meaning, not player movement or snide remarks by fans.

so no

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Rivalries are born from great battles that have a meaning, not player movement or snide remarks by fans.

so no
    I felt like we've been rivals ever since they beat us in the playoffs. It was some years ago though. So maybe it is just me. Yahoo had did an article on this topic a while back and they included just about every team that I hate. The one that threw me off was Phoenix. I thought that was odd. The Lakers were part of it though.

if they face each other in tha playoffs.

we want to see dwight fail miserably, but that doesnt make a rivalry between the two franchises. this is a specific and sincere wish on a specific situation, nuttin to do w rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    we want to see dwight fail miserably, but that doesnt make a rivalry between the two franchises. this is a specific and sincere wish on a specific situation, nuttin to do w rockets
    Well, we hate you guys. We've hated you guys as far back as I can remember. I guess it's one of those one sided rivalries. Kinda like that old Cavs and Wizards rivalry. We always always always get up to play you guys. For years now. I've just been seeing Lakers fans here recently talking crap about us as a whole and not just singling out Dwight. Oh and you hoes will make the playoffs this season. I mean that.

No, ditto for the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Clippers is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    See that's the thing, yall are rivals for sure. In city rivals. How about this, on 2k, any time i played against the Lakers, it counted as a key game. My player was on Houston. It's like everybody knows it, except for Lakers fans lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Well, we hate you guys. We've hated you guys as far back as I can remember. I guess it's one of those one sided rivalries. Kinda like that old Cavs and Wizards rivalry. We always always always get up to play you guys. For years now. I've just been seeing Lakers fans here recently talking crap about us as a whole and not just singling out Dwight. Oh and you hoes will make the playoffs this season. I mean that.
    Really? Apart from that 1 playoff series which went to 7 games (the Francis-Yao teams stood no chance), we never had that much to do with the Lakers at all. I would say the Rockets greatest rivals/annoying bastards are the Mavericks and the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Really? Apart from that 1 playoff series which went to 7 games (the Francis-Yao teams stood no chance), we never had that much to do with the Lakers at all. I would say the Rockets greatest rivals/annoying bastards are the Mavericks and the Jazz.
    Even then though, we didn't stand a chance but we played them so hard. You can't deny that year in and year out, we play harder against the Lakers than just about any other team outside of SA and Dallas. The Jazz don't bother me at all. I think it's because we've been beating them for years now. Maybe once we start steamrolling these other teams, it won't matter to me as much. I was telling my cousin, it felt like LA beat us like 3 years in a row lol. I dunno how or why i think that. Couple that with my dislike for Kobe though. I'm sure that's got a lot to do with it.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

There is no rivalry. Laker fans have no problem with Houston, never have. You guys are just doing what every other team does, hate the Lakers because they win so much, or hate the Lakers because you think Kobe's a douchebag.

Banned

Well I'd say as a Laker fan we don't really respect you guys enough to consider you rivals, and you aren't as butt-ass annoying like Sactown or Portland to earn any special distinction.

That said I look forward to seeing Dwight Howard scrub it up on another team then ours

I remember when Rafer was doing skip to my lou moves at the end of the game against Vujacic and Vujacic started crying. I thought that was funny. That is my biggest memory of the rockets in recent years. That and they were always an easy win in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 10-25-2013 at 01:52 PM.

bastards lol.

They have to play each other first.