Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Quote Originally Posted by amare68
    they jus giving him a day off on his bday, he will party it up :)
    80 mill contract?dnt thnk hes worth tht much
    Damn didn't know today is his birthday.. nice birthday gift from Stern

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

No one's said this, so I will: We appear to have learned jack **** from Plaxico Burress.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    How the f-ck is GA suspended and Delonte West DIDN'T get suspended....or did he? Now i'm confused......
    Because West was at least smart enough not to rub the Commissioner's face in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No one's said this, so I will: We appear to have learned jack **** from Plaxico Burress.
    Because West was at least smart enough not to rub the Commissioner's face in it.
    I think Arenas is simply an honest guy. He's thinking "geez, I made a mistake, but I didn't kill anyone....". He just doesn't play the corporate game well, so Stern will punish him more?

Oy........

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    No doubt. $10M is a lot to lose....to anybody. But, when have we ever heard about a contract being voided? Not Stephen Jacksons,Tinsleys, not Monta Ellis...no one. What is the Wizards argument anyway?

I'm saying it right now. His contract won't get voided. If I'm wrong I'll use a ****ing Laker avatar for the rest of the season
    the wizards and the nba's argument is that gilbert brought the guns onto nba property. first time since stern implemented strict wording to the agreement between the league and p.a. prohibiting fire arms on team property. (since that agreement, i think a player got caught with a gun on a team plane, but not on league property. also i am sure stern and the wizards (and the rest of the league) are eager to void gilbert's contract asap.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 01-06-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    the wizards and the nba's argument is that gilbert brought the guns onto nba property. first time since stern implemented strict wording to the agreement between the league and p.a. prohibiting fire arms on team property. (since that agreement, i think a player got caught with a gun on a team plane, but not on league property. also i am sure stern and the wizards (and the rest of the league) are eager to void gilbert's contract asap.
    Sebastian Telfair....loaded pistol under his pillow...supposedly his girls gun.

They can be eager all they want (and I'm sure they are), but bringing unloaded guns onto NBA property doesn't seem to be a reason to take away $78M from someone. Well, it's not a very good reason anyway...

I think Arenas is simply an honest guy. He's thinking "geez, I made a mistake, but I didn't kill anyone....". He just doesn't play the corporate game well, so Stern will punish him more?

Oy........

You want that corporate money, then you have to play that corporate game. He messed up when he decided to laugh, and make jokes about it. The NBA is a business, and their image means a lot to them. Anyone getting in the way of that, is expendable.

Oy........
    No, Gilbert doesnt have a sense of reality. What he did wasnt anything to joke, make light of. His whole thinkin is he didnt shoot or kill anyone whats the big deal? Not the fact you broke a league rule. Not the fact he better hope those guns are registered. Not the fact that you're now being investigated. He's not honest, he's stupid. There is a difference. Gilbert doesnt know the difference. Thats a problem.

He's the guy who is funny and jokes too much. And there comes a time where the joke isnt funny, intended and you go too far. There is no argument to say he didnt go to far. The NBA wouldnt have reacted this way if Gilbert wasnt pulling his pants down showing his ass and dancing like the banana smiley ISH has He made fun of it online and in front of fans. Not even the Wizs franchise felt his act was funny.

For him to think he has to do something extreme before he cuts the shenanigans? Shows how much disconnected he can be to reality. And no I dont think he should do time, be kicked out the NBA or any other extreme response that may have been given here. But I do think he should smarten up. Makes too much money for it to be denied and the legal issues which can be a headache could have been avoided. Who knows what happens maybe nothing, maybe something. The fact that you're in in this position where people are now investigating, lookin into, determining things that could/could not affect your life? Stupid, much like Gilbert has been ever since this story broke.

You'd think he'd shut up and say nothing. Thats the smart thing to do, but he's stupid errr honest.

They can be eager all they want (and I'm sure they are), but bringing unloaded guns onto NBA property doesn't seem to be a reason to take away $78M from someone. Well, it's not a very good reason anyway...
    he is bringing bad publicity to the nba. stern, here is a guy that makes his players wear suits to games and after games. he doesn't want the league portrayed as some gangster gangster league. gilbert is an absolute idiot for putting himself into a situation such as this. if gil kept them guns in his locker, maybe i agree with you. but joke or not, you don't put 3 guns onto somebodies seat after a heated argument and think that player is gonna take it as a joke.

It's not the NBA that is going to take away his money, but I assume the Wizards organization would leap at the opportunity to void his contract. And depending on what he is charged with and whether he is convicted, that is just what they might have.

Has he been charged with anything yet? I know Gilbert says it was a joke and that he didn't threaten Crittenton, but what has Crittenton said about it? And was Gilbert seriously refusing to pay a gambling debt when he makes $20 million a year?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No, Gilbert doesnt have a sense of reality. What he did wasnt anything to joke, make light of. His whole thinkin is he didnt shoot or kill anyone whats the big deal? Not the fact you broke a league rule. Not the fact he better hope those guns are registered. Not the fact that you're now being investigated. He's not honest, he's stupid. There is a difference. Gilbert doesnt know the difference. Thats a problem.

He's the guy who is funny and jokes too much. And there comes a time where the joke isnt funny, intended and you go too far. There is no argument to say he didnt go to far. The NBA wouldnt have reacted this way if Gilbert wasnt pulling his pants down showing his ass and dancing like the banana smiley ISH has He made fun of it online and in front of fans. Not even the Wizs franchise felt his act was funny.

For him to think he has to do something extreme before he cuts the shenanigans? Shows how much disconnected he can be to reality. And no I dont think he should do time, be kicked out the NBA or any other extreme response that may have been given here. But I do think he should smarten up. Makes too much money for it to be denied and the legal issues which can be a headache could have been avoided. Who knows what happens maybe nothing, maybe something. The fact that you're in in this position where people are now investigating, lookin into, determining things that could/could not affect your life? Stupid, much like Gilbert has been ever since this story broke.

You'd think he'd shut up and say nothing. Thats the smart thing to do, but he's stupid errr honest.
    So you think he should be punished more because he's an idiot? I don't.

And everyone LOVES the little banana guy, don't you?

This is the same David Stern who didn't punish Isiah Thomas when he was found responsible for sexual harassment....am I right? WTF?

How DARE you Gilbert....How DARE you......finger wagging.........give me a break. Punish the guy....make sure punishment fits the crime....let's be done with it....But a whole rest of season or more would be outrageous.

NBA lottery pick

Void his contract, tank, and then get johnny wall and sign CB4?

So you think he should be punished more because he's an idiot? I don't.

And everyone LOVES the little banana guy, don't you?

This is the same David Stern who didn't punish Isiah Thomas when he was found responsible for sexual harassment....am I right? WTF?

How DARE you Gilbert....How DARE you......finger wagging.........give me a break. Punish the guy....make sure punishment fits the crime....let's be done with it....But a whole rest of season or more would be outrageous.
    Sexual harrassment is pretty different from assualt and illegal weapons charges, and how the NBA deals with a General Manager is pretty different from how they deal with players.

NBA rookie of the year

I think Arenas probably was thinking if he makes light of the situation or makes it into a "joke" (like he was pulling to gun out on a teammate as a "joke") that it would blow over easier. So he was probably doing that stuff as part of a strategy, but it just dug himself deeper into a hole.

Pretty bad miscalculation, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    Sexual harrassment is pretty different from assualt and illegal weapons charges, and how the NBA deals with a General Manager is pretty different from how they deal with players.
    There ya have it.......

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    It's not the NBA that is going to take away his money, but I assume the Wizards organization would leap at the opportunity to void his contract. And depending on what he is charged with and whether he is convicted, that is just what they might have.

Has he been charged with anything yet? I know Gilbert says it was a joke and that he didn't threaten Crittenton, but what has Crittenton said about it? And was Gilbert seriously refusing to pay a gambling debt when he makes $20 million a year?
    this is what i want to know..