Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 05-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Who are your top five for next season's draft?

Might as well get some talk going again in this forum.

So who will you look for when it comes to drafting in September?

1. LeBron (fills every cat except ft%, which I will live with for the potential of 30, 10 and 10)

2. CP (steals and assists are so valuable, great % and points as well, gaining in 3s too)

3. Amare (incredible points and fg%, great blocks, boards and ft%)

4. Kobe (only this low because I see him missing some games next year after playing with USA and this season's injuries are piling up)

5. KG (not what he used to be, but still stuffs the stats)

probably take Marion next, followed by Dirk. Who knows after that.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who are your top five for next season's draft?

I'd switch Cp and Lebron, since assist/steals are harder cats to make up for. And CP doesn't put a dent in your Ft/TO like Lebron.

KG is not in my top 5, unless you're in a roto league. He's going to be shut down come playoff time. Dirk would take that spot, he's the safer pick over Marion now.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

My top 5 for next year before the draft and offseason moves

1. Chris Paul
2. LeBron James (I love my FT% too much to keep but I take him and trade him)
3. Amare Stoudamire
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Shawn Marion
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

1. Chris Paul
2. LeBron James
3. Dwight Howard
4. Amare Stoudamire
5. Kobe Bryant
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Marion is top 5, potentially back to his #1 overall rankings. I doubt he opts-out and I doubt Miami gives him an extension so he'll be playing for $$. Plus, Miami will be competitive next year.

CP, Amare, Kobe will all be up there too. Arenas could get back to the top 5 also with a healthy season. Dwight isn't close. Dirk was a BEAST with Kidd in town and a full season of that would be nice. KG will be close also, LBJ of course. Those are the top 8 I think.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

#1 - CP3 - Easy pick here, he finished #1 in Yahoo in only his 3rd season... skys the limit, it may sound rediculous, but he is underrated anywhere lower than #2.
#2 - LBJ - Ever improving game is so complete(still working on that FT%), it's scary to think what he could do with some decent role players around him.
#3 - Amare - His game has developed soo much and he is still young, he has abolished all thought of his knees being a problem.
#4 - Kobe - Age and nagging injuries are catching up with him, but he is still an elite player and has the will to play through injuries so he is as much of a sure thing as their is in the top 5.
#5 - Matrix - Turmoil ruined last season for him, but look for him to bounce back and prove that he wasn't a product of the system/Nash. With a healthy Wade and Rose/Beastly we could be talking about Miami's big 3 next year.

Honorable mention(in no order)
Dirk - Steady performer, has been just short of a top 5 guy for a couple of years now.
Wade - VERY smart player who uses the rules to his full advantage, if healthy, he is a contender for a top 5 spot.
Arenas - If he gets healthy, he is an elite scorer, will he ever be the player he was before the knee problems??

Longshots for top 5, considering the competition(in no order)
Granger - WTF?!?! you say? Has been making leaps and bounds in his game from the day he stepped on the NBA stage, once Indy decides he is "the man" we will see what he has.
Josh Smith - If he can play a whole year the way he does after all star break every year he could put up some amazing numbers.
Butler - He misses 1 or 2 games too many times and takes a couple of games to get back to full speed, if he could stay healthy for a long stretch he would be a force.
Gasol - Is a top 10 guy when he is healthy, now he has some good team mates and plays for a winning team and strong system, we will se how his fantasy game adjusts for a full season.
Anthony - His development has been stunted by AI on and off the court. If the Nuggets can move AI or Melo he has the potential to take off if he hasn't already been permenantly stunted.

NOTE on KG - He showed this year he is willing to defer for the sake of the team. That combined with the fact he is getting old and has been in the league since HS puts him in a spot where he is only going down and will be top 10 at best next year.

Last edited by Phenith : 05-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I think Marion is top 5, potentially back to his #1 overall rankings. I doubt he opts-out and I doubt Miami gives him an extension so he'll be playing for $$. Plus, Miami will be competitive next year.
He's got the potential especially to get great rebounding numbers but I was really concerned by the drop in threes, FG% and blocks once he got to Miami. And his FT% was crap (relatively speaking) the entire year. He's got something to prove to fantasy owners.
He made my top five by default because of injuries to Wade and Arenas. Dirk's lack of defensive stats and continuing decline in scoring (although he was making a lot of threes after Kidd arrived) kept him out in addition to the uncertainty that comes with a change in offensive systems.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Paul
LeBron
Kobe
Marion (debateable, depends on where he's playing next season)
Amare (again debateable, how much is the system change going to hurt his value, if any?)
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

CP3
LeBron
Amare
Kobe
Josh Smith
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #10
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

CP3
LeBron
Amare
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #11
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
CP3
LeBron
Amare
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams

Dwight is a 4 category guy(FG%, Pts, Rebs, Blks), while he has a negative(not neutral) impact on 2 cats(ast/to ratio or TO and FT%). He may be a top 5 impact player/game changer, but he isn't a top 5 fantasy guy and may never be. I think he is a great player and would love to have him on my favorite NBA team, but he is only about a top 20 fantasy guy.

Deron Williams is a longshot guy, but he could get there, the problem for him is, he has a good team and defers a lot to his team mates. He has the talent and the drive, but it isn't requested of him(by his coach/team) to put up top 5 fantasy stats "yet", give it another year or 2. With that in mind, he is probably still in the 12-18 range which is a first rounder in deep leagues.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #12
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Paul
LeBron
Kobe
Marion (debateable, depends on where he's playing next season)
Amare (again debateable, how much is the system change going to hurt his value, if any?)

Marion would be silly to opt out of his contract, he won't get the same money again off a new deal and with Wade and a high pick this year, combined with Haslem and a couple of nice young guys, the Heat are looking good for a run next season(especially in the east).

Amare has taken over his own destiny, with the strong post game and the ability to hit the jumper out to 12 feet and great FT% for a big man. The system in Phoenix benifited from him(commanding doubles, able to play low or shoot from almost anywhere inside the arc) as much as he benifited from it. As long as the new coach has the smallest bit of a clue on how to coach an offense(Mark Jackson was a PG so I hope he would understand offense) Amare will be as good as ever.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenith
Dwight is a 4 category guy(FG%, Pts, Rebs, Blks), while he has a negative(not neutral) impact on 2 cats(ast/to ratio or TO and FT%). He may be a top 5 impact player/game changer, but he isn't a top 5 fantasy guy and may never be. I think he is a great player and would love to have him on my favorite NBA team, but he is only about a top 20 fantasy guy.

Deron Williams is a longshot guy, but he could get there, the problem for him is, he has a good team and defers a lot to his team mates. He has the talent and the drive, but it isn't requested of him(by his coach/team) to put up top 5 fantasy stats "yet", give it another year or 2. With that in mind, he is probably still in the 12-18 range which is a first rounder in deep leagues.
I know Deron is a long shot to be a top 5 ..I just have a feeling he's going to have a crazy year next season..and having a top PG is very valuable for anyone's fantasy team!

And I know Dwight hurts you in the TO's and FT% but the insane numbers he gives you in the blk's and rebounds (to me) is worth suffering in those two other cat's...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 AM   #14
conley85
Can barely lace up my sneakers

conley85 has an OK reputation so far

1. Lebron
2. Howard
3. Cp3
4. Kobe
5. KG
conley85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
Daniel7123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Daniel7123 has an OK reputation so far

1 Paul ast and stl in only second year with a youngish team his numbers are only going to get better

2 James duh

3 Kobe he is still that good

4 Wade depending on how he plays this summer if he seems back in form I might even take him with #3 cause he could go back to getting 27 7 5 and 2 especially with marrion and beasley with him to boost the ast

5 amare
Daniel7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: