Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Heilige...you serious?

I've gotten a few of those pm's. If I hadnt seen him post regularly about normal stuff I would have thought it was a troll or spam account.

First one he sent me I just replied normally.

Then I got a couple more and was like .

Then a few months ago someone else posted a thread like this with pm's from him and I was like
    Last edited by picc84; 11-01-2009 at 07:03 PM.

I got one over a year ago and actually took the time to respond with a well thought-out reply... such a waste of time.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    I got a PM just like that maybe a year ago or something like that.

Why didn't you ever bother to respond? Does that not seem rude to you?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I got a PM asking how to get into the oil and gas industry.

Heilige...you just gotta start doing bro. Cant keep asking people for advice. You know what's messed up with yourself (obese, failing school, etc.). You just gotta man up and start doing what you need to do. Nobody from ISH can help you with that.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Why didn't you ever bother to respond? Does that not seem rude to you?
    Oh snap.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Here is one I got from him a couple of years ago...

...it seems as though he has regressed since then.

Why didn't you respond to that one? You seem like a real cool dude. I didn't think you would be someone to just ignore that message.

If people don't want to respond, why don't they say so? I am some one who is looking to turn my life around and all I want is some advice. I sent you and others Private Messages because you all have your life together, right? Is ti wrong that I was seeking you and others out for advice? I appreciate the posters who did respond though.

Very good NBA starter

Oh snap.
    lol...

That was the funniest thing posted in this thread haha.

owwwww

Dude if you are serious, I don't mind giving you some quick advice but it's VERY difficult for me to believe someone would just dish out personal sh*t like hemmorhoids to strangers. It seems like it's meant to provoke a reaction.

You can prove it by posting a picture or something. Can cut off your face and just hold up a piece of paper. We'll know if you are for real by seeing if you really weigh 275 lbs like you are claiming.

5-time NBA All-Star

The thing is the guy is pretty smart (although misguided and azzholey) in regards to politics. Pretty sure the dude's a legit fellow donks.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I got a PM asking how to get into the oil and gas industry.

Heilige...you just gotta start doing bro. Cant keep asking people for advice. You know what's messed up with yourself (obese, failing school, etc.). You just gotta man up and start doing what you need to do. Nobody from ISH can help you with that.

Thanks! That's my problem. I ask, ask ask. Even for those that help me I still feel like I have to get other poster's thoughts on my situation. Do you feel where I am coming from?

I feel those that have their life together can help me out and some way. That's why I send the messages in the first place. I was afraid if I made a thread about it instead of sending messages people would just troll it. That is why I sent out Private Messages to the well respected members here because I knew there life was better than mine and they were on track. I guess it doesn't matter because most just flat out ignored and didn't even bother to respond. Like I said, if they felt they couldn't help they should have just said so form the start.

I remember I sent a different Private Message to some posters here regarding help with college/two year technical college/etc and they helped me out. I appreciate that.

Very good NBA starter

Heliege you should post a picture. Honestly you have nothing to worry about, there are obese people that posted their picture on ISH.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Why didn't you respond to that one? You seem like a real cool dude. I didn't think you would be someone to just ignore that message.

If people don't want to respond, why don't they say so? I am some one who is looking to turn my life around and all I want is some advice. I sent you and others Private Messages because you all have your life together, right? Is ti wrong that I was seeking you and others out for advice? I appreciate the posters who did respond though.
    I responded to many of your PMs when you first started asking me stuff. The more I answered, the more my inbox was filled with very long, very involved, very personal stuff. At some point, it seemed rather hopeless that, regardless what I told you, the PMs would ever cease.

I come on this forum for a break from real life and when I'm looking for some interesting conversation. I'm more than happy to help someone in need, but it was becoming way too involved. I don't have any experience as a psychologist. If everything you have said is true, I think that is what you need to look into.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Dude if you are serious, I don't mind giving you some quick advice but it's VERY difficult for me to believe someone would just dish out personal sh*t like hemmorhoids to strangers. It seems like it's meant to provoke a reaction.

You can prove it by posting a picture or something. Can cut off your face and just hold up a piece of paper. We'll know if you are for real by seeing if you really weigh 275 lbs like you are claiming.

It wasn't. I am sorry if you thought I was just trying to provoke. I am serious but I feel like I am at rock bottom and I can admit stuff like that to a person one on one. I would of just made a thread about it instead, but was afraid no one would help.

rank sentamentalist

The thing is the guy is pretty smart (although misguided and azzholey) in regards to politics.
    lol, VERY misguided. he's a partisan twerp.

honestly, it doesn't seem the least bit strange that somebody would ask for personal advice from a stranger on a messageboard. even a few strangers. if he's got as many issues on his mind as it appears, that's perfectly legit.

but we're literally talking about hundreds upon hundreds of pms (hehe) about the exact same topics and involving the exact same scenarios. hell, most of them are about irrelevant bul[COLOR="Black"]lsh[/COLOR]it issues like kobe's standing as the greatest of all time. that's what boggles my mind and gives me the impression that dude is a gimmick.

An Icon Forever

I responded to many of your PMs when you first started asking me stuff. The more I answered, the more my inbox was filled with very long, very involved, very personal stuff. At some point, it seemed rather hopeless that, regardless what I told you, the PMs would ever cease.

I come on this forum for a break from real life and when I'm looking for some interesting conversation. I'm more than happy to help someone in need, but it was becoming way too involved. I don't have any experience as a psychologist. If everything you have said is true, I think that is what you need to look into.

I am sorry about that; thanks for explaining why.