Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Default Re: *Breaking NBA News- The Rockets And T-Mac Part Ways!*

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Baron for T-Mac.
    hell no

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

I really hope McGrady goes to the Nuggets. him Melo Billiups Nene and JR if he shows up will take the Lakers to 7 and then it is all about who makes plays at the end will decide who wins.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

There is so much wrong with thsi whole thread i want to reach through my computer and strangle so many of you, especially Raj.

1. TMAC is not some throw-away, us rocket fans need to appreciate what he has done for the organization (i know there have been a couple of people saying this but just not enough)

2. Why would the rockets trade for big Z then buy him out? if we are lucky enough to land a decent center such as big Z then the rockets should keep him as a one year replacement for yao..... what does houston get out of that deal besides the 3 million to help with the buyouts.... that cavs fan poster is stupid as all hell.

3. rockets must get young talent or a usuable expirer for the year or someone that fits the longterm plans of the franchise in order to trade him.......

many teams will be calling for his services. the rockets will not have to settle for the knicks BS trade proposal.

Ive been saying Harriongton chandler and Curry or Jefferies for T-MAc the entier time.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattevans11
    There is so much wrong with thsi whole thread i want to reach through my computer and strangle so many of you, especially Raj.

1. TMAC is not some throw-away, us rocket fans need to appreciate what he has done for the organization (i know there have been a couple of people saying this but just not enough)

2. Why would the rockets trade for big Z then buy him out? if we are lucky enough to land a decent center such as big Z then the rockets should keep him as a one year replacement for yao..... what does houston get out of that deal besides the 3 million to help with the buyouts.... that cavs fan poster is stupid as all hell.

3. rockets must get young talent or a usuable expirer for the year or someone that fits the longterm plans of the franchise in order to trade him.......

many teams will be calling for his services. the rockets will not have to settle for the knicks BS trade proposal.
    why would u wanna strangle me??? I'm just reporting the news..I didn't say anything against him...

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    why would u wanna strangle me??? I'm just reporting the news..I didn't say anything against him...

not your original post...... but your responses in the rest........ you are a midless rocket fan...

Alright, so now the Rockets have:

1. Declined a trade with Wizards, Arenas for Mac.
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=4777423&top

ESPN.com reported Saturday that the Washington Wizards had reached out to the Rockets in an exploratory manner about a possible Gilbert Arenas-for-McGrady swap, but Houston has no interest in such a deal. Arenas ranks as one of the league's most difficult players to move with four seasons left after this one on a mammoth $111 million contract and a history of knee problems to rival McGrady's.
    Also:
    One source said that the Rockets' anti-buyout stance is so deeply rooted that they plan to keep him on the payroll even if a deal can't be struck before the trading deadline.
    So it looks like:

2. A buyout is very, very unlikely.

3. According to a poster on the Clutch BBS, McGrady has been traded for Richardson and Tucker, although salaries don't match and he has yet to have a credible source apart from 'AZ radio', so it could well be simple BS.

NBA lottery pick

Good riddence. i just hope we get something worthwhile out of this.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli

Also:

So it looks like:

3. According to a poster on the Clutch BBS, McGrady has been traded for Richardson and Tucker, although salaries don't match and he has yet to have a credible source apart from 'AZ radio', so it could well be simple BS.
    LOL, washington tried to just dump Gilbo like that... maybe if they can throw in Butler in the deal, Rockets might do it...

and idk why the Suns would do that deal (if it's true)... sure we might be able to revive T-Mac, but he wont be anymore of an impact player than JRich at this point of time... i understand TMac's expiring and we can be players in the 2010 FA market, but we're having a good season, we should try to get better and make a push to go deep into the playoffs... if we do, i like our chances better to land a big FA, at least we've proven we can win games...

NBA lottery pick

Also:

So it looks like:

The Suns rummors are nonsense. a one legged McGrady is still better then richardson plus tmac's contract is worth is more then Richardson

NBA lottery pick

There is only 3 seriouse teams in this sweepstakes. Knicks, Heat(O'neal) and Cavs(Big Z and fillers).

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    The Suns rummors are nonsense. a one legged McGrady is still better then richardson plus tmac's contract is worth is more then Richardson
    A one legged, motivated T-Mac is 'better', but a T-mac who only plays 7 minutes a game and doesn't really want to be there? I'd definitely take Richardson. To be honest, I'd rather let McGrady expire, because I really want the Rockets to develop the young talent they have (looking especially at Budinger and Landry), and trading for a star just takes shots away from them.

Decent playground baller Pimpdaddy311991's Avatar

wft is the difference if u trade him for some else and play them rather than just letting him play???

I love how the 76ers can just grab A.I. and throw him in there rotation the wizards throw jamison and gilbert into theres , aldeman screwed him how can he not help u who cares if he take minutes and shot away from other people HES STILL BETTER THAN THOSE PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    just think of how much of a ball stopper tmac would be with only one leg. a disaster!

NBA lottery pick

A one legged, motivated T-Mac is 'better', but a T-mac who only plays 7 minutes a game and doesn't really want to be there? I'd definitely take Richardson. To be honest, I'd rather let McGrady expire, because I really want the Rockets to develop the young talent they have (looking especially at Budinger and Landry), and trading for a star just takes shots away from them.
    I rather look at the Heats Rummored offer of O'neal for McGrady. there both gonna come off the books at the years end, plus O'neal gives us a Solid inside Prescence and Size. Something we currently lack.