Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
Ikill
i be killah swag

Default Re: Purchased my first protein supplement today (Square Meal from Musclemax)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Why are you so desperate to gain weight? At your age, you are probably better off just eating regular healthy meals, working out, and just seeing how your body naturally develops.
this
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
eriX
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Purchased my first protein supplement today (Square Meal from Musclemax)

like many posters said before there is no need for all these supplements...

First of all you're 13 and you probably haven't hit puberty yet.

When people say lifting dents your growth (it's still a myth), it may be because of the use of testosterone onto area of muscle growth instead of your natural growth, in which you should be experiencing soon at this stage.

Really you should just eat 3 square meals everyday and get into the heavier dieting and supplements later.

Body building isn't about supplements, it's about getting work done in the gym and eating properly with good rests cause your muscle doesn't grow while your in the gym, they grow when you're resting.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I asked the guy there how I should get big, but he said based on my age and metabolism I would have to eat a huge meal every 3 hours which isn't really possible. So he just told me to blend some of the squaremeal, a banana, and two scoops of vanilla ice cream before bed and it would help me get lean and cut

Unless you're not eating anything else during the rest of the day, that combination isn't going to get you "lean and cut." Anyway, if you really want to gain "weight," then adding that to your meals will a probably work. Again though, what kind of weight it is might not turn out to be the one you want.

And yo, low-fat ice cream definitely does not equal yogurt. Good yogurt has all kinds of bacteria, enzymes, etc that are beneficial to digestive and immune health. Ice cream, well, you can take a guess.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #19
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriX
like many posters said before there is no need for all these supplements...

First of all you're 13 and you probably haven't hit puberty yet.

When people say lifting dents your growth (it's still a myth), it may be because of the use of testosterone onto area of muscle growth instead of your natural growth, in which you should be experiencing soon at this stage.

Really you should just eat 3 square meals everyday and get into the heavier dieting and supplements later.

Body building isn't about supplements, it's about getting work done in the gym and eating properly with good rests cause your muscle doesn't grow while your in the gym, they grow when you're resting.

Not trying to insult you but that is just some huge inaccurate information on your part. The kid bought a weight gainer. It is not different than going out and buying food. In fact it is a more convenient and cost effective way of gaining weight. I agree with getting rest, eating properly, and proper training, but don't spread false information about supplements.

And SPK, you enlist the help of several knowledgable supplement experts on ISH yet you disregarded all that information and probably got some of the worst advice and one of the worst supplements out there? Why create all those posts and then not listen? Don't ask questions if you're not going to absorb the knowledge.

If you're goal is to gain weight I understand eating ice cream if you're a hard gainer, but do you understand what the guy told you? Who in the world believes eating ice cream would get you toned? That to me is a red flag not to listen to this guy. I think that's what is the most insulting here. You got plenty of great advice, and you listened to the guy who told you ice cream would get you lean. I'm one of the last guys on here to be mean, but sometimes reality has got to kick in. You're on your own now kid
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
eriX
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Not trying to insult you but that is just some huge inaccurate information on your part. The kid bought a weight gainer. It is not different than going out and buying food. In fact it is a more convenient and cost effective way of gaining weight. I agree with getting rest, eating properly, and proper training, but don't spread false information about supplements.

I never disputed having a good meal with around like 60% carbs, 30% protein and 10% fats to be better than supplements. If i did, then my bad but i was encouraging him to lay off supplements.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #21
SourPatchKids
Banned

Been using it pretty much every day since I bought it. Main benefit is how much the protein improves speed of recovery- I'm much less sore the next day than before. Another positive is that in 1 week I've gained 3 and a half pounds. I'm still a lot smaller than a lot of guys my height but I feel I'm not getting pushed around as this much, although I may attribute that to some of the core strengthing workouts I've been doing.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #22
dilley
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Drink chocolate milk.
The Carmelo body building program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8UX5...layer_embedded
dilley is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: