Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Will Bynum isn't playing around

I like this guy. Nobody can really stop him from getting to the rim, his strength makes up for his 5'11 size, he's a pesky defender, he's got handles, he can set people up.

The only weakness he has really is his FT shooting and his jumpshot. The jumpshot isn't as big of a deal because he's so quick, but the FT shooting is. If he can improve he could be a potential starter for us the next few seasons.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention his hops. Imagine a Tony Parker who can dunk! I hope he can live up to that comparison some day. And in Pistons blue.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will Bynum isn't playing around

He hardly made it in the league. He had to go to Europe for more than one season. I would love to see him be the next Tony Parker, but I just don't see it happening. I am glad he is on the team as I think he adds a different characteristic to the team but I don't think he'll be a starter.... ever. Stuckey will have the first opportunity to be the future starting PG.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Bynum impressed me during summer league (as I think I had posted here).

I was pleased that the Pistons extended a contract offer to him.

BUT, Bynum will likely be a good solid back up and, I too, hope it can be here in Detroit. Heck, I liked Damon Jones when he was here before he bacame a self proclaimed 'worlds greatest shooter…' I think one of the best things about Bynum is that he works hard. He makes every minute of court time count. The thing right now, is that with Iverson, we are stacked at the guard position. It is very hard to get all these guys some blow…

Rip
AI
Stuckey
Afflalo
Bynum

Next season, we may see alot of Bynum should he continue to grow and if Stuckey is moved into the starting line up.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not completely giving up on the AI thing yet, but I will soon. I think at this point we are better letting his contract expire and using that money for another superstar. When the Denver fans asked us before the season if we would trade Billups for AI we said no. I tried to embrace this but our teams numbers are way down. I think we are better off with Stuckey as our PG. So to tie this in with what Sonic R just said that will hopefully free up the log jam we have at our gaurd positions to get some more of these guys some minutes.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 AM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

After the game against Blazers AI talked in press conference bout This is the most he sat out on a match..

Prince seems unhappy for playing just 8 minutes in third quarter, and sitting out the whole 4th quarter..

The problem is that the bench is very good, so its really tough to find minutes that suit all.... And Just read what curry is saying now, he is saying starters will play fewer minutes..
Rodney stuckey for example can easily be starter in many NBA teams..
I think its all good to be this strong at depth.Players wont be exhausted come playoffs...

Just Sheed is playing so much, with dice coming back his minutes will go down as well.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Heading into the season we knew that the reserves were going to play more. I am all for that. Detroit is deep. What I'm getting at is AI needs to sit more or possibly come off the bench because I think Stuckey (and even Bynum) will handle the PG responsibilities better.

When the Olympics came around did AI really even get mentioned to be a PG on that team? Now think about if Chauncey wasn't injured. He would have probably been on it. In a league that now makes the PG the most important position on a team, having a player that is a true PG is a must. I know Stuckey isn't perfect yet, but I think if we get him the experience now it will pay in dividends at the end of the season. AI would be a great punch off the bench.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Bynum was a killer coming off the bench when he played at Georgia Tech. This dude has mad hops like it ain't nothing. I'm glad that he is getting his shine in Motown. Once Rip and A.I. get ready to call it a career, I can see Will Bynum and Rodney Stuckey being the future Dynamic Duo for the Pistons for years to come.

Last edited by idizzle : 12-03-2008 at 11:52 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: