Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Rare albino deer bagged by 11-year-old

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PMWVAH-g28

Hunters suck.

Local High School Star

It's such a shame that trophy hunting or hunting just to find the most unique piece is so deeply rooted in hunters heads. Hunting when done right is a great way for population control in today's world. Sadly there is not even 1% of hunters in the world who hunt for that cause. It's all about the trophy.

But in the modern world today, this will have to change soon, atleast in Europe we can see more and more ''green movements'' protesting against hunting and if hunting as such wants to survive, arguments like ''we hunt deer because we want those oodly shaped antlers'' or ''because that specific animal was so beautifully colored'', can't be brought up.

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Typical hillbilly, hick mentality. There's only two legitimate reasons to kill an animal. Either in self defense, or to eat it. Most of these hunters dont even eat their kills, the retards.
    It always amazes me when some ignorant fool starts rambling on in a matter-of-fact tone about a subject in which he is completely clueless. I have been hunting my whole life, and I have never seen a person waste their deer meat. I have seen a few slob hunters waste birds they shot, but that in my experience is rare. I don't even think anti-hunter DeuceWallaces will back you up on this. I believe he said he works in the forest in a state that hunts a lot, so if he's honest I bet he would tell you your dead wrong(especially with deer), except in the case of maybe a very few slob hunters.

Wanton waste of game is illegal. In other words you will go to jail, pay a fine, and/or have both your weapon and vehicle confiscated if you don't eat what you kill. The only game you don't have to eat is regulation defined pests/varmints.

Apparently hunting makes them feel strong and manly. If they really want to be many how bout they fight these animals straight up like the real men used to do it back in the day. Any fa[COLOR="Black"]ggo[/COLOR]t can kill a defenseless animal with a gun.
    What does that even mean?

I got news for you, humans NEVER went toe to toe with their prey, that would be ineffective and dangerous. They used numbers, traps, waited to seize upon the opportunity of birth and mating when animals are more vulnerable, and all sorts of things you would deem unfair. Native Americans had no shame in dropping their bows and picking up a rifle to hunt buffalo, before that buffalo was rarely on the menu except maybe during birthing season. Hunters who want a little sport in their hunt use a bow. Hunters who want meat, use a gun.

Again you have no idea what you are talking about.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Deer are overpopulated in lots of areas around me. So much so that in the past the city has had to bring in sharpshooters to cull the population. I think the meat is then processed and given to the homeless shelters.

That said, I'm also not a big fan of trophy hunters. If you kill it you should eat it.

I do some fishing here and there (steelhead season is here, yay!) but I mostly catch and release. Have never gone hunting...although I have friends that do and have had venison (very tasty if marinated, and cooked slowly and properly).

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

ever since the suburbanization of America the deer population has exploded. Suburbs are the perfect deer environment. No predators. Ample food. They thrive there.

There are suburbs that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on culling deer. And they have to do it year after year after year.

I don't hunt but I have no problem with people hunting deer. Every hunter I know eats the deer. Venison is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    It's such a shame that trophy hunting or hunting just to find the most unique piece is so deeply rooted in hunters heads. Hunting when done right is a great way for population control in today's world. Sadly there is not even 1% of hunters in the world who hunt for that cause. It's all about the trophy.

But in the modern world today, this will have to change soon, atleast in Europe we can see more and more ''green movements'' protesting against hunting and if hunting as such wants to survive, arguments like ''we hunt deer because we want those oodly shaped antlers'' or ''because that specific animal was so beautifully colored'', can't be brought up.

You are right in that most hunters don't hunt animals just for the population control aspect, you are wrong about most hunters going out for a trophy. What you see a few rich hunters do on TV isn't reality for most people. Sure, if a hunter happens upon something unique and it's legal, he's going to shoot it but 99% of the hunters are out there hunting for the meat, sport, getting outside the house and into nature, and spending time with family.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
    You are right in that most hunters don't hunt animals just for the population control aspect, you are wrong about most hunters going out for a trophy. What you see a few rich hunters do on TV isn't reality for most people. Sure, if a hunter happens upon something unique and it's legal, he's going to shoot it but 99% of the hunters are out there hunting for the meat, sport, getting outside the house and into nature, and spending time with family.

I apologize, I was generalizing too much. You are right, especially since the debate here is mostly concentrated on the US. However, I was not talking out of my ass nor were my comments made from what I've seen on TV. I'm a falconer and a hunter, I've been into that for as long as I can remember. My first post was made from my personal experiences and I live in central Europe so things here are a little bit different than in the US when it comes to hunting. Hunters here are literally obsessed with trophies.

But American hunters are more similar to the northern-european(Finland) hunters who mostly hunt for meat and pleasure of being in the nature. I should have taken that into account. I've got a story, Austrian hunter went to Finland and when he saw a hunter from Finland cut off the elk's head along with antlers and leave it there, he couldn't be more shocked. Hunter from Finland said that it would only get in the way when they will drag that elk through the woods. Austrian hunter almost started crying right there.

Being a hunter here is also almost like a status symbol of one person and hunters exploit hunting for their personal competitions between them, it's like the one who finds the best trophy wins. So whole point of hunting loses it's importance and becomes a stupid competition.

Also I have a question, in US when you shoot a deer do you have to pay for the meat?

Local High School Star

Sure, if a hunter happens upon something unique and it's legal, he's going to shoot it but 99% of the hunters are out there hunting for the meat, sport, getting outside the house and into nature, and spending time with family.
    In the US you are lucky that hunting there is pretty accepted for the general public and ''green movements'' are not very strong yet(maybe they are, I'm just guessing), but here in central Europe general public is not really pro-hunting and in some countries they are really trying hard to ban hunting. And when it comes to that question ''why do you have to kill animals?'', arguments which I bolded in your post are pretty weak. Like ''do you really have to kill animals, just to get out of house and spend some time with family?''

That's not my thinking, I'm just saying what general public in my part of the world would say.
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 10-23-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Definitely read "bagged" as "banged" the first couple of times I saw this thread title. Was scared to click until I realized my mistake.

What a shame. Poor albino deer.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23

Also I have a question, in US when you shoot a deer do you have to pay for the meat?
    You don't have to pay for the meat. You have to purchase a "tag" in the case of big game, that you immediately have to attach to the animal when you kill it or you will be cited for poaching. Whether or not you kill an animal, it's still the same cost, the purchase of the deer(elk, moose)tag. The tag is in addition to your required general hunting license which you cannot obtain unless you have taken a recognized hunter's safety course(some states waive that if you were born before 1945). The cost of tags and licenses for out-of-state hunters is always much more expensive, up to 10 times the cost versus hunters hunting in their own state. In some states like Colorado, hunting is literally a billion dollar industry.

Local High School Star

You don't have to pay for the meat. You have to purchase a "tag" in the case of big game, that you immediately have to attach to the animal when you kill it or you will be cited for poaching. Whether or not you kill an animal, it's still the same cost, the purchase of the deer(elk, moose)tag. The tag is in addition to your required general hunting license which you cannot obtain unless you have taken a recognized hunter's safety course(some states waive that if you were born before 1945). The cost of tags and licenses for out-of-state hunters is always much more expensive, up to 10 times the cost versus hunters hunting in their own state. In some states like Colorado, hunting is literally a billion dollar industry.
    Interesting.

In my country you have to pay around 3€ per kg of deer meat(including bones and skin). So if a deer without head weighs 10 kg you have to pay 30euros for the meat. But in that price you have to factor in bones and skin, when you throw that away there is not really much meat left. So that's also probably a reason why meat hunting is not very popular here. It gets expensive for those who are unaware how healthy deer meat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

That's what they wake up early to do. They're out hunting you dumbf*ck. They have their weapons prepared to kill deer.

Of course they're gonna kill it you moron. The rarity makes it even more of a "must kill" situation. They're gonna have that white deer head in their house for life. It's now a trophy.

Have you ever stepped foot into the real world? Do you have any real life experience?

Your dad never took you fishing or hunting?

I feel sorry for you.
    I do believe you are a little kid at your parents house questioning whether I have real world experience?

I've been hunting, and if I saw an albino deer I would take a picture and wait for one of the 8 million other deer to walk by and kill one of those. They all taste the same you fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I do believe you are a little kid at your parents house questioning whether I have real world experience?

I've been hunting, and if I saw an albino deer I would take a picture and wait for one of the 8 million other deer to walk by and kill one of those. They all taste the same you fucking moron.

Wow, you're a hunter? I assumed you were an anti-hunter from some of your responses. Give me a second, while I remove my foot from my mouth.(post #19)