Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Colorado legalizes recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Neither one technically "kills brain cells" but alcohol has many more negative health impacts than marijuana.
    If anyone in this thread doesn't believe this statement, your opinion is invalid and you shouldn't be speaking about a subject you have no knowledge on. Thanks.

Recreational use is good, the biggest battle IMO is to decriminalize it across the country for medicinal use, cause it really does benefit people and can be used as a pain killer. In the 30's pain killers contained cannabinoids, then that smear campaign happened where that douche was losing money cause everyone and their mothers was using hemp to make paper, which was cheaper and more efficient. The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was written on paper made out of hemp ffs. People really need to get educated about this, cause it truly is nonsense the way such a beneficial plant is being regulated as if it was a hard drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Recreational use is good, the biggest battle IMO is to decriminalize it across the country for medicinal use, cause it really does benefit people and can be used as a pain killer. In the 30's pain killers contained cannabinoids, then that smear campaign happened where that douche was losing money cause everyone and their mothers was using hemp to make paper, which was cheaper and more efficient. The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was written on paper made out of hemp ffs. People really need to get educated about this, cause it truly is nonsense the way such a beneficial plant is being regulated as if it was a hard drug.
    Now that the election is over, I hope Obama really tries to get it moved to Schedule II (or, ideally, remove it from Scheduling altogether). With no more elections to worry about, I think he might just do it.

Now that the election is over, I hope Obama really tries to get it moved to Schedule II (or, ideally, remove it from Scheduling altogether). With no more elections to worry about, I think he might just do it.
    Yeah, its kind of shitty how all the good drugs are Schedule I. There was a study which determined that LSD can be used to treat PTSD, why that info is being kept under wraps I will never understand. Maybe cause it opens your mind to the bullshit, who knows.

Banned

Pretty sure Obama said he is not for legalizing marijuana but I suppose it doesn't matter because his opinion is not end all be all although it's close.

With that being said, if weed every becomes legal across the nation, the next drug that will be legal is cocaine.

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Pretty sure Obama said he is not for legalizing marijuana but I suppose it doesn't matter because his opinion is not end all be all although it's close.

With that being said, if weed every becomes legal across the nation, the next drug that will be legal is cocaine.

I'm excited.
    Obama did say that will not legalize marijuana but Obama also said that he will legalize marijuana.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Obama did say that will not legalize marijuana but Obama also said that he will legalize marijuana.
    He said it last time in 2008 that he would legalize it but over the course of his run he has changed his mind to not legalize it.

I doubt he did it to get votes either because if he did want to get votes, he would say to legalize it and Gary Johnson would have been completely irrelevant. Only reason why Johnson got any traction what so ever was because of his pro-marijuana view even though he barely got 1%.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'm excited.
    Umm why exactly? Cocaine is a pretty giant step after weed and alcohol.

He said it last time in 2008 that he would legalize it but over the course of his run he has changed his mind to not legalize it.

I doubt he did it to get votes either because if he did want to get votes, he would say to legalize it and Gary Johnson would have been completely irrelevant. Only reason why Johnson got any traction what so ever was because of his pro-marijuana view even though he barely got 1%.
    I don't know, the attack ads would have been easy if Obama was pro-marijuana during the election.

"OBAMA wants your KIDS HIGH ON DRUGS. Is this the America you want?!"

I think he turns toward the right side now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    At one point, there was an attempt to legalize coke because coke was viewed similar to pot. With pot legalized completely, another drug will be attempted to legalize.

As the saying goes, when one door closes, another one opens.

Banned

I don't know, the attack ads would have been easy if Obama was pro-marijuana during the election.

"OBAMA wants your KIDS HIGH ON DRUGS. Is this the America you want?!"

I think he turns toward the right side now.
    Uh, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Decent college freshman

I don't know where you potheads get the idea that Obama is pro marijuana. His administration raided twice as many dispensaries in 4 years as Bush did in 8.

Rolling Stone did an article on Obama being the worst president for marijuana here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...n-pot-20120216

NORML also did one.

"Bu bu bu but Obama is so cool!!! And liking pot is cool!!! He MUST be in favor of legalization!!!"

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Under the classification of controlled drugs, marijuana is actually listed higher for abuse than cocaine.

The two posters who were talking about Schedule I and II might know more about it than me.

NBA rookie of the year

Whether pot is harmful or not, is irrelevant to me. Smoking is harmful, alcohol is harmful, fatty foods are harmful, sweet foods and drinks are harmful, etc. These are all legal.

Personal choice is important here. I don't want uncle sam telling me what I can and cannot consume. I don't personally smoke pot, but as long as you don't operate heavy machinery when intoxicated, I don't see how someone smoking pot negatively affects me.

As a general rule if something makes someone happy and doesnt hurt others, I think it should be legal.

Exactly my thoughts
    "After weed is legalized, meth will follow suit"

In all honesty, legalization of weed could improve the drug situation in the US. Mj has euphoric, analgesic, and overall recreational value. Plus, its cheap so it's a great option over opiates and other illicit drugs. Only reason I dont do it is because it doesn't help my anxiety.