Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #16
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Should Jason Kidd get the starting point position on Team USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead
Ok dude. I'm glad you know what I was doing while the FIBA games were on. Were you here in my living room? You love the Paul homers? Well I love the Paul haterz that don't know what the h*ll they're talking about. You've made yourself very clear man. Did Paul have many turnovers? Like I said, I'm only making a point about the turnovers. I would be making the point if it were Kidd, Billups, Hinrich or whoever. If they didn't have that many turnovers, they didn't have that many turnovers.

No actually, I'm just a realist. I see what actually happens, and what how his actions affect the game.

And you are just making a point about the turnovers? Again, all you are doing is citing a single number while ignoring the entire context of it. PAthetic way to argue in any case. What do you consider a turnover? To you, it consists of how many the box score indicates. To somebody who actually watches the games, they indicate a lot more. Blown opportunities for easy baskets, serious defensive mistakes that lead to opponents going on a run, inability to adjust to FIBA rules, etc. etc etc.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:30 AM   #17
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

kidd deserves to start. he's one of the greatest PGs of all time, and can put up triple doubles better than most people can shoot freethrows.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 AM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
All I'm saying is he couldn't have been forced into THAT MANY unneccessary turnovers as VC is suggesting.

You seem quite unsure of yourself. Sure you watched the games?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:39 AM   #19
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
No actually, I'm just a realist. I see what actually happens, and what how his actions affect the game.

And you are just making a point about the turnovers? Again, all you are doing is citing a single number while ignoring the entire context of it. PAthetic way to argue in any case. What do you consider a turnover? To you, it consists of how many the box score indicates. To somebody who actually watches the games, they indicate a lot more. Blown opportunities for easy baskets, serious defensive mistakes that lead to opponents going on a run, inability to adjust to FIBA rules, etc. etc etc.

Like I said, I watched the FIBA games. I'm not just going by some boxscore. When I first read the thread I remembered how the commentators were commenting about Paul's assist-to ratio so I went and looked it up and it was a pretty good assist-to ratio. That's all. I don't know you, you don't know me so please don't tell me what I watched. Matter of factly, I'm out of this thread because you've blown this way out of proportion. Unneccessary proportion. Have a good evening.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 AM   #20
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
kidd deserves to start. he's one of the greatest PGs of all time, and can put up triple doubles better than most people can shoot freethrows.

Yes he is and I can't wait to see him play.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #21
Holden Magroine
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Holden Magroine has an OK reputation so far

No Kidd shouldn't start, I'd rather start a PG that doesn't shoot like Mr. Magoo.
Holden Magroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #22
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

if the starting lineup consists of Kobe and Carmelo or Kobe and Miller (glue guy) as the designated shooters, and possibly Bosh, then in that lineup you may as well put Kidd on the team for his positives and make sure he does not primarily shoot the ball.

of course, I hope does not play more than 17MPG
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #23
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Kidd, playing with all of those stars would have to give them the edge. Paul and Hinrich can't work the game like Kidd can. Today, Nash is the only one on the same level...Kidd should be the starter, no question...
ZHAKIDD532 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Nash doesn't play a lick of defense.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:16 AM   #25
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

As long as Hinrich doesn't make the team I'm fine with anything. I care a lot more about the Bulls than the US team.(which I'm mostly indifferent towards)

Hopefully Deng's team gets knocked out early so that he can avoid unnecessary injury/wear-and-tear also. Of course seeing that he plays for Great Britian I don't have to worry about that.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #26
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Paul has gotten the lion's share of the blame for the US Team in last year's tournament. Offensively it's hard to run the point when everyone else is used to creating their own shots. His jump shot is developing nicely though.

I don't think a pure point guard is the solution for this team if they are going to continue to put Wade/Lebron/Carmello types who are all more than capable of creating their own shots and shots for others. They need an Arenas or Billups type at point.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #27
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Give Nash green card and make him play for team USA.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #28
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
Give Nash green card and make him play for team USA.

he plays for Team Canada.

and as for the whole "pure point" thing...

as long as there are very competent scorers, you may as well add Kidd solely for his defense, fast break, and rebounding edges.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Kidd better start this year.

I also want to see him and Kobe in back court and a front court looking something like LeBron, Dwight and Amare.

That's BEAST.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #30
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
As long as Hinrich doesn't make the team I'm fine with anything. I care a lot more about the Bulls than the US team.(which I'm mostly indifferent towards).

I hate you

If it were up to me, I would not allow Kirk to play on the Bulls and instead make him a permanent member of the UNited States National Team
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: