Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Bogut Calls Out The Rocket Players and uses a profane word!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You can keep jacking up 3's when up 30, and we can purposefully hard foul your players in return... and that's what started to happen.
    What happened to just playing defense and taking a loss like a man? Sounds like a sore loser attitude. What should the Rockets do? Not shoot wide open threes? I guess the rockets could have waited for them to play defense and then shoot the three

Jackson decided to intentionally foul to diffuse the situation. Unless Rockets fan would prefer that their players take intentional hard fouls in a blowout game and risk being injured
    Stop trying to make it like it was some righteous move to save the rockets. Thats BS. Jackson said this afterwards [I]"So if you

Not letting the Rockets get the record is perfectly fine. But, intentionally fouling in order to do it SUCH A BITCH MOVE!

If I were the GSW's, I'd be SO ashamed. Mark Jackson is teaching his players to be *******. Instead of preaching a "let's close out with some pride guys and not let them score another three" he says, "Guys...we can't beat them legitimately, so let's start fouling them".

I wouldn't want to be a part of that kind of "spirit". I don't think anyone who is a real COMPETITOR would want any piece of that. I'm actually surprised and a bit disappointed that the players didn't overrule Jackson's bitch ass call to foul. You'd think ONE Warrior would be MAN enough to say, "Hold on coach...at least we should lose this one with our pride still intact". But...nope.

[QUOTE=SCREWstonRockets]What happened to just playing defense and taking a loss like a man? Sounds like a sore loser attitude. What should the Rockets do? Not shoot wide open threes? I guess the rockets could have waited for them to play defense and then shoot the three

Stop trying to make it like it was some righteous move to save the rockets. Thats BS. Jackson said this afterwards [I]"So if you

McHale wanted to appease the crowd.

The crowd was aware of it and really wanted it.

Whatever happened to running down the clock when you're up 30? Don't pretend that running down the court and jacking up 3's with 20 secs left on the shotclock in a blowout game is acceptable. Players get ridiculed for even taking last shots when the game is already decided (like Lillard did this season). It's simply considered bad sportsmanship. Coaches know it, players know it.

And if you had actually watched the game, the Warriors were defending the 3 point line once they realized the Rockets were going to gun for the record despite being up 30. Then Green gave a flagrant foul, and a fight almost broke out. After that, Jackson decided to defuse the situation by intentionally fouling.

The real question is, why would McHale tell his players to go out and gun for a meaningless record when the game was already decided? He of all people knew what the reaction would be, and he's lucky he didn't get one of his players hurt.
    First of all, it's not like he still had his starters out there. Both teams had their scrubs in. And what do scrubs do when they get a rare chance to play? They wanna score! So let them play.

There's no excuse for what GS did. None. I don't care how you slice it.

There's no excuse for jacking up 3's early in the shotclock in a 30-point blowout. None. I don't care how you slice it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    First of all, it's not like he still had his starters out there. Both teams had their scrubs in. And what do scrubs do when they get a rare chance to play? They wanna score! So let them play.

There's no excuse for what GS did. None. I don't care how you slice it.
    What the hell!? Have you never competed before in your life?? Do you have no sense of pride? I'm being totally serious.

There's no excuse for jacking up 3's early in the shotclock in a 30-point blowout. None. I don't care how you slice it.
    So why don't the refs just call skunk and end the game?

So an Olympic sprinter who is well ahead of the pack should ease up on the last 10 meters instead of going for the record?

If GS had any pride they'd try to get a LEGITIMATE stop.

Who can blame Houston for trying to break a record? It's not like someone stat padding to get a tripdub.

And to the poster who just mentioned "competing". Obviously you're not a competitor. A TRUE competitor doesn't want his opponent to "ease off" no matter what the situation. Hell no. A competitor wants his opponent, at his strongest, so he can either beat him at his best, or gain the most experience in losing.

The best way for GS to have maintained their pride was to LEGITIMATELY have prevented Houston from getting a three. What they did was a pure bitch move.

Like intentionally walking a home run hitter who has one last at bat to break the home run record and the game already long decided.

They just did what they did, not due to sportsmanship, but just to be assholes.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Personally I am just really looking forward to the next game when these two teams play on next Tuesday!!

Gonna be great!

Whatever happened to running down the clock when you're up 30? Don't pretend that running down the court and jacking up 3's with 20 secs left on the shotclock in a blowout game is acceptable. Players get ridiculed for even taking last shots when the game is already decided (like Lillard did this season). It's simply considered bad sportsmanship. Coaches know it, players know it.

And if you had actually watched the game, the Warriors were defending the 3 point line once they realized the Rockets were going to gun for the record despite being up 30. Then Green gave a flagrant foul, and a fight almost broke out. After that, Jackson decided to defuse the situation by intentionally fouling.

The real question is, why would McHale tell his players to go out and gun for a meaningless record when the game was already decided? He of all people knew what the reaction would be, and he's lucky he didn't get one of his players hurt.
    I was at the game bro, enjoyed the romp in person. First off, by the time Rockets went up 30 with 3-4 minutes left, the garbage guys were in. They rarely get to play. So why wouldn't they run the normal offense? And if you've been watching the rockets, they like to run, drive, and shoot threes. Like what they did the entire game.

What do you expect them to do for three minutes? Play patty cake? And do you read? Jackson said himself he did it so the rockets would not get the record. The only thing he was diffusing was self pride. Took the cheap way out. Bitch move no matter how you slice it.

These guys get make millions to dribble a ball. It's not that bad to take a ass whoopin' once in a while. Warriors will move on. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    No because it goes both ways. If I intentionally shoot 3's instead of play the game, we will foul intentionally instead of play the game. If u play the game well play the game, but not if you're doing it on purpose. Houston causes the problem. If they would have played the right way they woulda got the record.
    wow this is ridiculous. The rockets weren't PLAYING THEIR GAME by shooting threes? What the hell were they doing the previous 45 minutes? They got their asses beat by the youngest team in the NBA. Take it and move on.

Explain the "right way" to play the game. You have 5 guys out there who never play, the rockets offense is to run, drive, dish and shoot. So coach, what should these guys do for the next three minutes?

Should they hold hands while they are at it?

a storm in the proverbial tea cup

eh? All time record? lol.

I say you can do whatever the **** you want in a 30 point blow out. Sportsmanship is regarding the opponent, but as I said before... this wasn't about the opponent. This was team vs all time. The other dudes just happened to be on the floor. I'm not saying they should have rolled over, but if dudes wanted to come down and shoot a 3 every time, then how is that bad?

Edit: Not to mention if it's bench players.

-Smak

Sportsmanship. It's the Warriors' own damn fault for playing such atrocious defense that allowed the Rockets to put up 140 f*cking points on their sorry asses in REGULATION.

Bogut should be apologizing to Warrior fans for such an embarrassing defensive performance instead of bitching about the Rockets trying to make the history books.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Warriors are the kings of poor sportsmanship yet they constantly pull antics like this . They take after Mark Jackson the ultimate sore loser and cry baby bitch.
    u confused warriors w/ clippers tho