Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #61
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Yi Jianlian is coming into the NBA

If he is available when the Rockets draft should Houston take him????

I kwon we need a PF, but will this will help Yi develoment, traing along Yao, who have a good work ethict and someone who really expirience the transition from china basketball?\

We have Howard helping the team, problably for the next 2 year along with hayes, enought time for Jianlian to developt and really contribute and w/ Yao and T-Mac still in the their prime.

Rox need a PG really bad but I think that will come from the free agency. (how about Billups let stop dreaming now)

I dont think the other teams will pass on a young 7 footer, but maybe in a trade Hopuston can land this guy in Rox uniform.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #62
Baller1986
Bought by Fudge.

Yi Jianlian > 22 yrs.old Andrea Bargnani.

I see Yi more playing the 4th Spot He is pretty very finesse for his size.

He is not a lazy bum in defense and Certainly Yi is not Scared to drive into the hole and draw some contact.

Last edited by Baller1986 : 04-19-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Baller1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #63
ballahalic
Learning to shoot layups

well gobb here r a ffew in da las coupa years
yao ming
whang zhi zhi

plus more that will be coming
such as sun mingming
ballahalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #64
trig
Decent college freshman

I think yi will have a harder time adjusting to nba than yao. yao came into the league w/ a huge size advantage. An avg center playing against yao is like a pg going up against a center. Yi on the other hand has superior athleticism against his opponents in CBA but in the NBA, thats a different story
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #65
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Yao Ming is the best Center in the NBA Shaq who???

Seriously you better not downgrade Yi Jianlian he is a prospect and i can see him becoming a major force in the NBA. He is mobile unlike European Centers who are lazy enough to play defense and cannot even be as athletic as Yi Jianlian. European players like shooting from the outside Yi Jianlian can score inside and outside.

You have a Chinese Player that can be as Athletic as a young Kevin Garnett.

yi is basically unproven. the CBA is worse than the D-League in terms of skill level. there has only been 1 player so far to even come out of that league and be a force in the NBA.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:58 AM   #66
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:

He is not a lazy bum in defense and Certainly Yi is not Scared to drive into the hole and draw some contact.

uh. bargnani is a much better prospect. he's shown a better shooting stroke than Yi, and his abillity to put the ball on the floor is probably a bit better. Yi is unproven on defense but Bargnani has shown he can be a legit shotbocker.

Yi is basically Rashard Lewis without such a great outside shot to me from what I've seen and read.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #67
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

more of a slasher than Lewis and taller and more athletic

Like I have explained in the previous posts it is ignorant to judge him on the CBA games

More so Gasol/Bosh type
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 AM   #68
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Yi had trouble scoring against Wang ZhiZhi in the CBA Finals. He ain't no Yao, his work ethic in not on the same level as Yao. This kid could be good, but it'll take him a couple years before he shows his potential. Too skinny/weak to guard PF/C and not quick enough to guard SFs.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:26 AM   #69
Baller1986
Bought by Fudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Yi had trouble scoring against Wang ZhiZhi in the CBA Finals. He ain't no Yao, his work ethic in not on the same level as Yao. This kid could be good, but it'll take him a couple years before he shows his potential. Too skinny/weak to guard PF/C and not quick enough to guard SFs.

Andrea Bargnani has difficulty scoring in the European League and he is the NBA's no. 1 pick in 2006.

Do not judge Yi on his CBA games beside he performs very well in the CBA Finals and his team are champions last year.

He has worth ethics and i bet as far as talent is concern he can reach above his expectation.

He has alot of low post moves compare to the other Center or PF in the NBA.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #70
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Quote:
Andrea Bargnani has difficulty scoring in the European League and he is the NBA's no. 1 pick in 2006.

Do not judge Yi on his CBA games beside he performs very well in the CBA Finals and his team are champions last year.

He has worth ethics and i beat as far as talent is concern he can reach above his expectation.

Yeah Bargani had troubled scoring in the Euro league, which is much more competition than the CBA. Yi's offense is not the problem, his defense is what will hurt him the most in the NBA. I see him picking up lots of fouls and being bodied in the post by bigger,stronger players. I don't expect much from him in his 1st couple of years.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM   #71
Baller1986
Bought by Fudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Yeah Bargani had troubled scoring in the Euro league, which is much more competition than the CBA. Yi's offense is not the problem, his defense is what will hurt him the most in the NBA. I see him picking up lots of fouls and being bodied in the post by bigger,stronger players. I don't expect much from him in his 1st couple of years.

If a team like the Timberwolves would select him in the NBA Draft, I think he can learn alot from his IDol which is Kevin Garnett. I think being under the guidance of KG he might improve in a faster rate. I think he needs to at least gain 20-30 pounds for his 7 ft. frame I know the NBA is a very physical game compare to the Euro league and CBA.

Hakeem Olajuwon enters the NBA and he is as thin as Yi Jianlian. Yi Jialian by the way has one of the quickest 1st step for a guy his size.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:40 AM   #72
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Baller1986.

I haven't read everything here, but it seems like you're just going off stats and highlight videos.

Quote:
What is Andrea Bargnani's average in the European or Italian league? He is not even the most dominating player in that league and the Raptors select him as the number one pick.

Yi Jianlian > Andrea Bargnani

YI Jianlian is CBA MVP and he is better than Andre Bogut and Andrea Bargnani.

Do you know much about the European League? Do you know how stacked their team was? Do you know that he worked his way into the lineup and won Finals MVP in Italy?

Have you ever watched both of them play? Or have you just watched highlights. Using highlights, i could make any player in the league look like an MVP.

Don't judge players by numbers.

Quote:
Tell me how this guy became the no.1 pick and almost survive the NBA.(Bargnani)

Because he has potential, a great skill set. IMO, he has survived in the NBA.

Quote:

Isn't Yi 22?

He isn't a great defensive player either, and do you think Andrea is scared to drive it? Stop just watching highlights and thinking Andrea is just a 3 point shooter, there is more to his game then just throwing up 3's.

Quote:
yi is basically unproven. the CBA is worse than the D-League in terms of skill level. there has only been 1 player so far to even come out of that league and be a force in the NBA.

Co-Sign with you on that one. Yi dominates because there is no competition in China. At least, when Bargnani played in Europe, you could get a little bit more information on him because he was playing with the second-highest level of competition in the world.

Quote:

He has worth ethics and i bet as far as talent is concern he can reach above his expectation.

Again, much strong league in Europe, and a lot less court time then what Yi gets.

You're giving us stats and highlights from his CBA games, and you're telling us not to judge him by his CBA games? WTF!

Baller1986 = A Little Bit Obsessed.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 AM   #73
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

What country are you from baller1986? I'm not offending you or anything I'm just interested....
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:45 AM   #74
Baller1986
Bought by Fudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
Baller1986.

I haven't read everything here, but it seems like you're just going off stats and highlight videos.

Do you know much about the European League? Do you know how stacked their team was? Do you know that he worked his way into the lineup and won Finals MVP in Italy?

Have you ever watched both of them play? Or have you just watched highlights. Using highlights, i could make any player in the league look like an MVP.

Don't judge players by numbers.

Because he has potential, a great skill set. IMO, he has survived in the NBA.

Isn't Yi 22?

He isn't a great defensive player either, and do you think Andrea is scared to drive it? Stop just watching highlights and thinking Andrea is just a 3 point shooter, there is more to his game then just throwing up 3's.

Co-Sign with you on that one. Yi dominates because there is no competition in China. At least, when Bargnani played in Europe, you could get a little bit more information on him because he was playing with the second-highest level of competition in the world.

Again, much strong league in Europe, and a lot less court time then what Yi gets.

You're giving us stats and highlights from his CBA games, and you're telling us not to judge him by his CBA games? WTF!

Baller1986 = A Little Bit Obsessed.

BArgnani's Peak Stats is 18 PPG, 9.6 rebs. and a couple of blocks i cannot see him being in the moldness of Dirk Nowitski.

Yi by the ways is being confirm by FIBA that he was born in 1987 not 1985 or 1986 which is the rumor.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:46 AM   #75
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
BArgnani's Peak Stats is 18 PPG, 9.6 rebs. and a couple of blocks i cannot see him being in the moldness of Dirk Nowitski.

Yi by the ways is being confirm by FIBA that he was born in 1987 not 1985 or 1986 which is the rumor.

Fine, since you want to go with stats again.

Yi's peak: 14ppg, 5rbg, 2apg.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: