Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
Nick Young
Banned
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 11/4 Soros wants US Spring.
Posts: 32,970
Default Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

The Clinton campaign is over once these allegations are proven false.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,589
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Obvious politically motivated hit piece.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Terahite
Original Triggerist
 
Terahite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MAR-A-LIBFAG
Posts: 2,519
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
In the New York Times story one of the alleged victims Ms. Leed says, “He was like an octopus, she said. “His hands were everywhere.”

Those exact words coincidentally are the same lines from a Velvet Underground song and from an assault case from The Guardian in 2014.

Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

That Trumper logic.

So the 2014 case must be false too right? Because that woman must be copying from the Velvet Underground too? Right?
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
ZenMaster
Whap'em
 
ZenMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
That Trumper logic.

So the 2014 case must be false too right? Because that woman must be copying from the Velvet Underground too? Right?

Much more plausible that they're inspired by the 2014 article than the song, doesn't have to be both.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 26,589
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
That Trumper logic.

So the 2014 case must be false too right? Because that woman must be copying from the Velvet Underground too? Right?
I don't believe allegations from ANYBODY who shows up out of the blue right before an election. Video, or it didn't happen.

Use your head for second. Why are none of these allegations from like 2 or 3 years ago? Oh, right. Because those would be within the statute of limitations and the police would be forced to investigate it and the woman making the claims would have to go on the record and file a police report accusing him of a crime, which if she's lying is a crime in itself.

If you claim he did something to you like 11 years ago or 30 years, you won't have to back it up and go on the record where you'll be guilty of a crime if it turns out you're lying.

The Clinton campaign CLEARLY rounded up some women willing to make allegations that things happened that aren't within the statute of limitations so they can just throw it out there, but not put themselves in risk of committing a crime.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
9erempiree
Banned
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 20,427
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I don't believe allegations from ANYBODY who shows up out of the blue right before an election. Video, or it didn't happen.

Use your head for second. Why are none of these allegations from like 2 or 3 years ago? Oh, right. Because those would be within the statute of limitations and the police would be forced to investigate it and the woman making the claims would have to go on the record and file a police report accusing him of a crime, which if she's lying is a crime in itself.

If you claim he did something to you like 11 years ago or 30 years, you won't have to back it up and go on the record where you'll be guilty of a crime if it turns out you're lying.

The Clinton campaign CLEARLY rounded up some women willing to make allegations that things happened that aren't within the statute of limitations so they can just throw it out there, but not put themselves in risk of committing a crime.

This.

Desperation is a mofo.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #8
Funktion
Great college starter
 
Funktion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: The Best Coast
Posts: 3,580
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Desperation? Trump just conceded Virginia, and is about to loee Ohio, Florida, and Penn.

Good night sweet prince.
Funktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I don't believe allegations from ANYBODY who shows up out of the blue right before an election. Video, or it didn't happen.

Use your head for second. Why are none of these allegations from like 2 or 3 years ago? Oh, right. Because those would be within the statute of limitations and the police would be forced to investigate it and the woman making the claims would have to go on the record and file a police report accusing him of a crime, which if she's lying is a crime in itself.

If you claim he did something to you like 11 years ago or 30 years, you won't have to back it up and go on the record where you'll be guilty of a crime if it turns out you're lying.

The Clinton campaign CLEARLY rounded up some women willing to make allegations that things happened that aren't within the statute of limitations so they can just throw it out there, but not put themselves in risk of committing a crime.
This is not skepticism at all. This is curdled and motivated cynicism, almost near nihilism. Video or it didn't happen is an incredibly dumb standard of evidence. How many thousands of events in your life happened but are not on video. I once threw a perfect behind the back pass from the top of the key when I got caught in trap. There's no video of it, but it happened.

The police would be forced to investigate? They would have to file police reports? Um no.

One of the allegations did happen within the last 3 years. The one involving Miss Washington.

Only possibility is the Clinton campaign rounded these women up and convince them to lie? I could think of several other possibilities that don't involve the women lying AND involve the Clinton campaign and doesn't involve a round up. You just need to use your head.

There still an ocean of non-nihilistic skepticism you could use with these stories, but you're choosing not to.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #10
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,550
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Obvious politically motivated hit piece.


You just know these stories that come out of the woodworks are planted and organised.


It's a strategy to alleviate the damage from Wikileaks.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:55 PM   #11
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,477
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Much more plausible that they're inspired by the 2014 article than the song, doesn't have to be both.
This is very true.

Also true is this just means it's gone from very highly implausible to highly implausible.

I'm a damn Velvet Underground Fan and I can't recognize this lyric.

The logic on this is any time you add another condition you make it less possible. It's the Conjunction Fallacy.
You have three elements here.
A. She made the story up.
B. She based it on 2014 case from the Guardian
C. She based it on an obscure song from an obscure band.

A has a certain possibility.
A AND B is a lower possibility
A AND B AND C is the lowest possibility.




Also these idiot internet sleuths forget the possibility that calling a man who gropes an octopus is pretty common. Some South American countries would say pulpo.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #12
Nick Young
Banned
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 11/4 Soros wants US Spring.
Posts: 32,970
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Kevin and the shill-herd are growing increasingly desperate with their spin doctoring.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #13
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,550
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Kevin and the shill-herd are growing increasingly desperate with their spin doctoring.


Look at all the material that just SUDDENLY appeared at the time of Wikileaks?





Like Hillary, they think the public is stupid
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #14
Nick Young
Banned
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 11/4 Soros wants US Spring.
Posts: 32,970
Default Re: Evidence Grows the New York Times Hit Piece On Trump Is A Hoax

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Look at all the material that just SUDDENLY appeared at the time of Wikileaks?





Like Hillary, they think the public is stupid
The public is this stupid. Look at all the Hilldawg apologists who still support her.

Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy