Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Default 3-way trade

to facilitate Navarro to Memphis and Etan Thomas out of Washington:

WA
out: Narvarro, Thomas
in: StroSwift, Jordan Farmar

Memphis
out: StroSwift, Warrick
in: Navarro, Radmanovic

LA
out: Radmanovic, Farmar
in: Thomas, Warrick

Thoughts?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: 3-way trade

I don't think Memphis can give up two PF, then only Gasol and Radmanovic will be there and I see Pau will have to play several minutes as a center also. Frankly, I don't think the Grizzlies would trade Warrick at all, but they can do without Swift.
For WA and LA, I don't have a clear idea on which are their needs today, but I'm not sure LA is willing to take Thomas (the only reason could be his contract to get some salary room for next year).
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
to facilitate Navarro to Memphis and Etan Thomas out of Washington:

WA
out: Narvarro, Thomas
in: StroSwift, Jordan Farmar

Memphis
out: StroSwift, Warrick
in: Navarro, Radmanovic

LA
out: Radmanovic, Farmar
in: Thomas, Warrick
Don't kid yourself by typing that the purpose of the trade is "to facilitate Navarro to Memphis and Etan Thomas out of Washington." The obvious true purpose of your idea is "to help LA get some solid help while giving up absolute crap."
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
I don't think Memphis can give up two PF, then only Gasol and Radmanovic will be there and I see Pau will have to play several minutes as a center also. Frankly, I don't think the Grizzlies would trade Warrick at all, but they can do without Swift.

Ever hear of Darko?

Not to mention that Pau already does play a ton of centre, which he is very good at doing. I consider him just as much a C as a PF
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Don't kid yourself by typing that the purpose of the trade is "to facilitate Navarro to Memphis and Etan Thomas out of Washington." The obvious true purpose of your idea is "to help LA get some solid help while giving up absolute crap."

Always looking to help my squad. But...
Farmar is promising (far from "crap") and taking back Etan Thomas is a negative, not a positive, which the Lakers should be willing to accept if they can acquire Warrick, who would otherwise be sitting behind Rudy Gay and Mike Miller (and Darko).
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
taking back Etan Thomas is a negative, not a positive
Etan Thomas would be a HUGE positive for the Lakers. A big, physical rebounder and shot-blocker who is only a "problem" in Washington because he has a personal feud with one of his teammates, who happens to be a big douche.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 AM   #7
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Ever hear of Darko?

Not to mention that Pau already does play a ton of centre, which he is very good at doing. I consider him just as much a C as a PF

Pau is not a C, even if he has had to play due to the lack of one in Memphis, he improved a lot in that place, but that's not the best place for him. That's why Memphis took Milicic, but remember, neither Darko nor Gasol are pure centers. Pau is going to play several minutes as a C (as he did during last two seasons) just because only Darko can help in this position. So when you have Pau in the C, what is left behind for the PF if you give up Swift and Warrick? Only Radmanovic and Rudy. I don't think that could work for a whole season.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Memphis doesn't need Navarro. Even Gasol, a great friend of Navarro, has agreed the Grizzlies aren't the most likely destination for "la bomba".
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Always looking to help my squad. But...
Farmar is promising (far from "crap") and taking back Etan Thomas is a negative, not a positive, which the Lakers should be willing to accept if they can acquire Warrick, who would otherwise be sitting behind Rudy Gay and Mike Miller (and Darko).

Several teams would love to have Etan.

And Warricks minutes are not influenced by Miller and Gay because they play different positions. Warrick is PF as far as i know.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Memphis doesn't need Navarro. Even Gasol, a great friend of Navarro, has agreed the Grizzlies aren't the most likely destination for "la bomba".

Well, it's true that Memphis is not the most likely destination for Navarro, but it is because what the Wizards will want in return for Navarro is something that probably the Grizzlies can not give them (e.g. Rudy Gay).
Every team needs someone like him (unless you have one Arenas or one Kobe).
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
Every team needs someone like him (unless you have one Arenas or one Kobe).
That's really overrating Navarro, he'll be a scorer off the bench at best.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #12
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
That's really overrating Navarro, he'll be a scorer off the bench at best.

That's what people said about Calderon, and now many people says he can start at many teams of the league. And Navarro is better player than Calde; they are different, of course, but I assure you Navarro is a very good and smart player (not only a good shooter).
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #13
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
My thoughts exactly...
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Memphis would have 4 PG's and a PF who doesnt play in the post,use trade checker before you come up with these deals
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:22 PM   #15
jordan23

fu jefffucc u jeff im gonna shoot u bich and my dog is gona rape u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: