Cleveland Gets
    Elton Brand
    Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
    Drew Gooden
    Larry Hughes
    Ira Newble
    Picks
    Money (This would probably NEVER happen)

Line Up
    Cassell
    Pavlovic
    James
    Brand
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
    Drew Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Damon Jones
    Picks

Line Up
    Hughes
    Redd
    James
    Marshall (until Varajao returns)
    Ilgauskas

Don't hate...just throwing out possible ideas...not saying any have a shot at happening.

Default Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    So why can't he want both, you know like MJ got? Watching the man on the court I dont see what else he could do to make people stop saying dumb **** like this. He plays his heart out every night I don't get the insults just because he says he wants to be a billionaire.
    because I bet he would take that over winning. Now granted he does complain about the talent around him but c'mon he'd rather make a bunch of commercials, be a billionaire and be considered the best in the game then win a chip and I think he shows or atleast to me it does by the way he carries himself.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The GM
    doubt it would happen, the grizz are trying to reduce payroll and the cavs have no assets on this team to trade for miller they actually said they don't wanna give him away like they did gasol.
    NOT ABOUT MILLER

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nygher
    I'm just fiddling around but here are some trade ideas

Cleveland Gets
    Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets
    Damon Jones
    Drew Gooden
    Cedrick Simmons
    Picks/Money

Line Up
    Arenas
    Hughes
    James
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Gets
    Drew Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Picks

Line Up
    Hinrich
    Hughes
    James
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Gets
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Devin Brown
    Picks

Line Up
    Gibson
    Pavlovic
    James
    O'Neal
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Elton Brand
    Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
    Drew Gooden
    Larry Hughes
    Ira Newble
    Picks

Line Up
    Cassell
    Pavlovic
    James
    Brand
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
    Drew Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Damon Jones
    Picks

Line Up
    Hughes
    Redd
    James
    Ilgauskas

Don't hate...just throwing out possible ideas...not saying any have a shot at happening.
    when are arenas or brand coming back?

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

because I bet he would take that over winning. Now granted he does complain about the talent around him

Bron compains about the talent around him and Kobe doesn't? Bron answers questions the media asks him, he doesn't demand a trade or go out of his way to put down a teammate like Kobe did with his ship (Bynum's) ass out comment or tell fans' if you want to see me play get yourselves a Bull's jersey, or get an icon a top 10 player all time like Shaq traded or try to control his team so much that other players (Chucky Atkins) calls him the real GM of the team. I don't see how a Kobe fan can talk about Bron for complaining about the talent around him.

but c'mon he'd rather make a bunch of commercials, be a billionaire and be considered the best in the game then win a chip and I think he shows or atleast to me it does by the way he carries himself.

And the way Kobe made a rap cd and his own little rape case a few years back shows he has a few other interests too but we still don't make these type criticisms against him. I swear some of these fans know nothing except what happened last week, you need to learn your history before making stupid comments.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS KD; 02-21-2008 at 11:31 AM.

I don't like the Cavs all that much, but I want them to make a move. THen at least when people talk about how good the Cavs are, it might have some validility to it.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nygher
    I'm just fiddling around but here are some trade ideas

Cleveland Gets
    Gilbert Arenas

Washington Gets
    Damon Jones
    Drew Gooden
    Cedrick Simmons
    Picks/Money

Line Up
    Arenas
    Hughes
    James
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Gets
    Drew Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Picks

Line Up
    Hinrich
    Hughes
    James
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Jermaine O'Neal

Indiana Gets
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Devin Brown
    Picks

Line Up
    Gibson
    Pavlovic
    James
    O'Neal
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Elton Brand
    Sam Cassell

Los Angeles Clippers Get
    Drew Gooden
    Larry Hughes
    Ira Newble
    Picks

Line Up
    Cassell
    Pavlovic
    James
    Brand
    Ilgauskas

Cleveland Gets
    Michael Redd

Milwaukee Gets
    Drew Gooden
    Sasha Pavlovic
    Damon Jones
    Picks

Line Up
    Hughes
    Redd
    James
    Ilgauskas

I would cry in joy hahaha

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    Bron compains about the talent around him and Kobe doesn't? Bron answers questions the media asks him, he doesn't demand a trade or go out of his way to put down a teammate like Kobe did with his ship (Bynum's) ass out comment or tell fans' if you want to see me play get yourselves a Bull's jersey, or get an icon a top 10 player all time like Shaq traded or try to control his team so much that other players (Chucky Atkins) calls him the real GM of the team. I don't see how a Kobe fan can talk about Bron for complaining about the talent around him.

And the way Kobe made a rap cd and his own little rape case a few years back shows he has a few other interests too but we still don't make these type criticisms against him. I swear some of these fans know nothing except what happened last week, you need to learn your history before making stupid comments.
    Note: I normally don't quote myself, but just wanted to state that I'm not saying I feel all this about Kobe before this thread gets flooded with all Kobe fans telling me how ignorant I am for saying this about him. Kobe is a great player and I've defended him to the tune of already calling him a top 15 player all time who I expect to retire as top 10, but these are valid points about Kobe that have to be considered. He only served as an example to show how talk about Bron only wanting to be a global icon or being anything less than an ideal teammate who is not concerned enough about winning is unwarranted. Its the same thing they said about MJ and Shaq and we see how their careers turned out.

If we have a flame war now unless I was able to state my view before it happened.

In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion. [READ]

Marion to the Cavs?

"

This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

If--if--it's Marion, that would certainly give LeBron James some serious help.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion. [READ]

Marion to the Cavs?

"

This guy is usually reliable, so I am bending my rule about forwarding trade speculation from others. As to the substance of it, this is the only thing I hear: Miami and Memphis may be the other players involved. That makes sense because of the following sentence fragment: I was told by no less than six general managers during All-Star weekend that the Heat was shopping Shawn Marion around.

Yup. Marion.

My guess is that they know it will be very difficult to re-sign Marion if he doesn't opt out of his contract after this season and plays out the 2008-09 season. He has one of the toughest agents in the business, Dan Fegan, and Fegan has one goal and one goal only--to get his guys the absolute max. He usually succeeds. If Riles or Micky Arison blanches at that price tag, it would make sense for them to ask around and see what they can get for the Matrix.

My guess is that Miami would wind up with Mike Miller, and Memphis would get that Jason Williams-Ricky Davis slew of expiring contracts. But what would Cleveland donate to the party? That's what's stumping me. Can't imagine Riles would be excited about Larry Hughes, for example. Drew Gooden is on a much shorter contract, though. Ilgauskas? Well, Riles does believe in power basketball, and Z is still 7-2, last time we checked.

Stay tuned. I'm on the bird for a couple of hours, but I'll get back to you before 3 p.m."
    PLEEEEEEEEEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
    If the Cavs were going to take on a player like Vince Carter or Zach Randolph, I would want a draft pick also.
    Yeah, because Cleveland would be trading all kinds of valuable assests to get them right?

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong

Marion to the Cavs?

"

Yup. Marion.

If we're trading Marion is better be for expirers or at least contracts that are no longer then 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yeah, because Cleveland would be trading all kinds of valuable assests to get them right?

As for Marion, I'd rather see the Cavs get a backcourt player than Marion (not Carter though, he's done and a bad idea in the long run)

I want a big trade to happen for the Cavs and LeBron get some help in Cleveland, because it is such a shame to see such an amazing talent wasted on a scrub team.

Though, LeBron is partially to blame for his situation because he chose to stay in Cleveland.

But still, a player like LeBron comes around like once a decade. If I were the GM or owner of the Cavs, I'd do everything to build a super franchise around him. Not sit here counting pennies (to the owners) about having to possibly pay some luxury tax.

A good team led by LeBron will make more than enough money to cover any luxury tax.

Cleveland is simply making things more difficult for themselves by allowing Lebron to go out there without the proper amount of help. Every time he goes out there, he becomes more resentful, and if they don't find sufficient amount of help for him soon, they'll be paving the way for his exit, no doubt about it.