Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Rapsfan, I was wrong...

I guess my thought is 2nd round is better then where we are now and Bosh is gone in 2 years anyway, so he'll be challenging for a title elsewhere anyway.

29-30 year old JJ is in his prime and would demand a big contract...but Bosh has a big deal, JO has a gigantic deal....we can fit multiple large deals and the cap number goes up every year too.

If it amounts to nothing, we'd at least have Horford to build around compared to right now, having nothing after Bosh bolts.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I guess my thought is 2nd round is better then where we are now and Bosh is gone in 2 years anyway, so he'll be challenging for a title elsewhere anyway.
I agree with that. Progress is the key, and the 2nd round would = progress over the past 2 years. However, I personally believe that we could get there without making such a major move and in order to justify trading our franchise player, the move we make would have to make us title contenders.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #18
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan

Why is everyone saying Bosh will leave? I put money on all the big 2003 players and Amare re-signing with their respective teams and NY being stuck with **** loads of cap room for the 2010 season and nobody to spend it on. I heard Bosh is really happy in Toronto, despite the recent losing skid. Things will pick up and I believe he will re-sign in 2010. The only person in the 2003 class I can see moving to another market is LeBron, considering that he is in a smaller market in Ohio and he is starved for attention and national recognition. I hate LeBron for some reason I don't know why. I want the entire Cleveland starting lineup to fall with debilitating injuries so that they don't even sniff the title.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I agree with that. Progress is the key, and the 2nd round would = progress over the past 2 years. However, I personally believe that we could get there without making such a major move and in order to justify trading our franchise player, the move we make would have to make us title contenders.

But at some point you have to transition to making sure you're also ok going into the future. I guess I would see this fictional atlanta deal as doing both things for us....IF we think Bosh leaves.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #20
b4ball
Local High School Star

It's not about Bosh, it's about the Raptors. And if trading Bosh makes the Raptors better both now and in the future then you make the deal.

Having said that the deal would have to be right. Bosh is after all a stud. He is a good leader, has developed his game to where it is now and all indications are that he will continue to develop. The question is who do we want beside him and do we have what it takes to get that person. If the answer is yes we know who we want and the people going the other way can be replaced you make the deal. But if we can't get that person without giving away the future then that person remains unattainable. This is after all the Raptors, and not team Bosh.

So you move on to other options. I don't like to here that some players are not tradedable. As I said before, if Bosh were on the table who then becomes available? The possibilities are to numerous to speculate on, but we can all come up with our best scenario and I think some of you would then all say, maybe, just maybe this might be better for the Raptors.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
It's not about Bosh, it's about the Raptors. And if trading Bosh makes the Raptors better both now and in the future then you make the deal.

Having said that the deal would have to be right. Bosh is after all a stud. He is a good leader, has developed his game to where it is now and all indications are that he will continue to develop. The question is who do we want beside him and do we have what it takes to get that person. If the answer is yes we know who we want and the people going the other way can be replaced you make the deal. But if we can't get that person without giving away the future then that person remains unattainable. This is after all the Raptors, and not team Bosh.

So you move on to other options. I don't like to here that some players are not tradedable. As I said before, if Bosh were on the table who then becomes available? The possibilities are to numerous to speculate on, but we can all come up with our best scenario and I think some of you would then all say, maybe, just maybe this might be better for the Raptors.

Winner. Every single player is tradeable as long as your team becomes better as a result.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Winner. Every single player is tradeable as long as your team becomes better as a result.
so my question is, is trading Bosh really worth an improvement that probably at best gets your team 1 playoff round?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
so my question is, is trading Bosh really worth an improvement that probably at best gets your team 1 playoff round?

If it makes us also better long term then certainly. Our roster is so messed up that we literally have no long term assets outside Bosh and Jose. If Bosh leaves, we will be dreadful for a long time. If moving him helps avoid that, or at least helps the rebuilding (can you rebuild from an already poor team??) then you definitely move him.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #24
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
If it makes us also better long term then certainly. Our roster is so messed up that we literally have no long term assets outside Bosh and Jose. If Bosh leaves, we will be dreadful for a long time. If moving him helps avoid that, or at least helps the rebuilding (can you rebuild from an already poor team??) then you definitely move him.

Exactly. Again it's all just nonsense speculation, but it's just common sense that if it comes down to a situation where Bosh is completely unhappy and it's a given that he's gone in 2010 and thus you'll either lose him for nothing or trade him for a package that would at least keep the team competitive for the foreseeable future, then of course you trade him. That's just good business.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Exactly. Again it's all just nonsense speculation, but it's just common sense that if it comes down to a situation where Bosh is completely unhappy and it's a given that he's gone in 2010 and thus you'll either lose him for nothing or trade him for a package that would at least keep the team competitive for the foreseeable future, then of course you trade him. That's just good business.
But how are we gonna know ahead of time whether or not Bosh wants to leave? It's impossible to speculate unless he says he wants out, which i'm doubting he will.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #26
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
But how are we gonna know ahead of time whether or not Bosh wants to leave? It's impossible to speculate unless he says he wants out, which i'm doubting he will.

I agree that it's a difficult situation. So then it becomes a question of probability....hedging your bets. And also, can you realistically build a title team around Bosh if he does stay....so far we haven't been able to at all.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I agree that it's a difficult situation. So then it becomes a question of probability....hedging your bets. And also, can you realistically build a title team around Bosh if he does stay....so far we haven't been able to at all.
If that's your suggestion, i'd like to here some of your legit trade ideas that teams would actually do (involving Bosh).
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #28
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
If that's your suggestion, i'd like to here some of your legit trade ideas that teams would actually do (involving Bosh).

What suggestion did I make? I agree that we will not know if Bosh will stay or go, so it's up to BC to determine that and if he think that Bosh will leave, or that our chance of being a contender long term, it's up to him to do what is best for us. In terms of actual deals...no idea.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: