Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Default Re: How underrated are the Hawks?

Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    Atlanta is a solid team but I think they will struggle this year. Milsap and Horford are not good enough defencively IMO
    I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.

I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I agree, we need a true big man, we struggle against big front lines.

I do firmly believe that Bud is a top 5 coach, he may not really get to prove that with this roster though. I still want to blow the team up, Horford, Millsap, Korver, and Teague are among the best trade assets in the league.

Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.

Payne is our best rebounder, so hopefully he'll put work on the boards when he's healthy and ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Come on man! Hawks are amazing defensively! It's the rebounding that's our main struggle and is the reason we have 3 losses.
    That's what I was saying about needing another big.

I really like our team but to me it doesn't seem like we'll ever have another chance to rebuild so quickly and efficiently. We don't even have to trade everyone necessarily.

If we were to say, trade Horford to the Raptors for Amir Johnson, Bruno, and a first round pick, we could still probably battle it out for the 8 seed and still get a good prospect + a pick, plus a decent rotational big to make up for some of Horford's production.

Unfortunately, without a GM ( ) I don't know how we'll make any moves at all unless Bud hits up the phones on our off days lol.