Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

I wonder if he realizes that he did a lot of what looked like standing and watching in the 4th quarter of Finals games this year.

Like, maybe in his mind he wasn't just standing, and was trying to do things and simply was unable to, due to Mavs defense or whatever.

Vs what it actually looked like, which is that he seemed content to stand and watch a lot when it mattered most

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware that people wondered why he stood around so much

I don't think LeBron understands how to help when he's off-ball. Seriously, he could be such a deadly off-ball player, whether it's scoring or setting ridiculous screens or getting post position. Instead of doing these sorts of things, when he gets taken out of his 1 on 1 offensive game, he ends up just standing there because he doesn't know how to play off-ball.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware that people wondered why he stood around so much

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    I wonder if he realizes that he did a lot of what looked like standing and watching in the 4th quarter of Finals games this year.

Like, maybe in his mind he wasn't just standing, and was trying to do things and simply was unable to, due to Mavs defense or whatever.

Vs what it actually looked like, which is that he seemed content to stand and watch a lot when it mattered most
    he has the most talent of any player in the league....but he has the heart of a #2. he's not a natural born #1. simple as that. its the same reason why he is more content being a distributor rather than a scorer.

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

Blame Spo

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

When LeBron thinks in his head that may be beaten, its like he completely loses all his talent. I'm as big a Cavalier fan as any of them and I never thought he gave up, its just when he loses his confidence, his game goes completely from superstar talent to average NBA player. Like that last Boston game, there was still a chance Boston could come back but look at how LeBron closed that game like the last minute and a half. He just went crazy. If he would have that never give up mind set every time, he would be damn near unstoppable. As for that series though, I think he was more driven to win that than the Finals because Boston had eliminated him in 08 and 2010. I mean just look at how happy he was and how much he celebrated afterwards.

Yeah he was waiting for the ball to come to him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Lebron realized about 1 minute after the "Decision" that he made the wrong choice and threw away his legacy. When he was saying "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" he started off with "this is tough but...". He had doubts at that exact moment. Once the finals came, he didn't want to win cuz he knew Wade would get FMVP by game 2 and it would be another notch against his legacy.

MOD RESPONSE: No. Thanks for the crazy-talk, but, no.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 07-03-2011 at 11:21 PM.

He "stood around" a lot because that is part of Miamis offensive scheme. He's not the best off ball player so he's basically used as a decoy until an alley oop opens up or a cutting lane opens up. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Banned

When u think he could have moved to the heat without the stupid "decision" thingy that nuked his public image forever and put him under billions of tons of unncessary and easily avoidable pressure for the rest of his career... dumbest pr move ever. People who adivsed him at the time -and still do- ruined it all for him, maybe one day he ll figure this out.
    Last edited by Funnyfuka; 07-03-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Local High School Star

he did what he always does in the playoffs as a favorite. quit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    He "stood around" a lot because that is part of Miamis offensive scheme. He's not the best off ball player so he's basically used as a decoy until an alley oop opens up or a cutting lane opens up. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
    oh my god this better have been a joke

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    oh my god this better have been a joke
    Does he not need the ball in his hands AND is Miami's offensive-structure not shit?

Yeah he played like a b*tch most of the series, but are you seriously conceding the factors above don't go hand in hand?

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    When LeBron thinks in his head that may be beaten, its like he completely loses all his talent. I'm as big a Cavalier fan as any of them and I never thought he gave up, its just when he loses his confidence, his game goes completely from superstar talent to average NBA player. Like that last Boston game, there was still a chance Boston could come back but look at how LeBron closed that game like the last minute and a half. He just went crazy. If he would have that never give up mind set every time, he would be damn near unstoppable. As for that series though, I think he was more driven to win that than the Finals because Boston had eliminated him in 08 and 2010. I mean just look at how happy he was and how much he celebrated afterwards.

i'll be posting up clips later on for people to understand why 3 guys can't beat a team of 12 players..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy

i'll be posting up clips later on for people to understand why 3 guys can't beat a team of 12 players..
    sounds like revisionist history to me. It's ok to admit that Miami lost a series they should have won.

all in the mind.
    he had no father to teach him and tell him off. never had a coach, or a leader teammate to learn from. peple arround him are yes-men who can't tell him the truth.

for f*ck sake he learned to shake hands at 26 year old?? and by whom?
    by the fans and the media .. lol @ Mav. Carter

Byron Scott said that young Kobe used to ask me alot of questions about Kareem, magic, Worthy, and lakers showtime team .. and he sits and listens for hours.

all about mentality . but he does not get it.
    look at the ''cough'' thing during last finals!! he doesn't know that concentration is a huge part of mental toughness.. you don't need that sh!t in the FINALS.