Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #16
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Default Re: Winderman: Ranking The East by Position

In the east, Best Bench discussion has to start with the top four: Bulls, Detroit, Toronto and New Jersey.

Bottom four: Boston, Indiana, Cleveland, Miami

IMHO
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #17
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
My bad, didn't see those, just looked at the top and bottom for references. I'm all over those now....

EDIT: ...ok, Winderman is a Miami homer journalist. Anybody know if he travels with the team on the road? This might save him in my eyes, otherwise he is about to get discarded...

Spectre - i love reading these types of rankings for eastern teams. Thanks.

Anytime dude...just bored like the rest of you guys and reaching for the slightest thing to get some BCats discussion going.

And yeah, those links can be hard to spot...hope I didn't come off like an...donkey when I said that. Wasn't my intent anyway.

Heh, you can tell in some instances the guy bends over backwards not to be a homer, then in others he does. Honestly I betcha any one of us could have done the exact same thing he did with more accurate positioning...but since he did the footwork and typing why fight it? It's much more fun to rip him and work off his stuff than create it all ourselves.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 PM   #18
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Good Old Willy, I definately know that averaging the ranks doesn't mean anything. For instance, having LBJ on your team is much better than having Dwight Howard (imo). Also, it doesn't take benches into play. I just wanted to go out of my way to brag about our starting 5, a group that I think is one of the best in the East. But our bench is shallow at PG and PF/C like I said so it doesnt really mean too much. shrug
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #19
Scorrison
I usually hit open layups

I didn't read this whole thread, but anyone who says Deng is too low didn't watch much basketball last year. Totally agree that G-Force is too low, but Deng is very, very good. Possibly even better than Pierce.

Based solely on past accomplishments, Ray Ray is too high. I suspect after this season, that will be about right.

Emeka >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ben Wallace. It's not even close.

Joe Johnson is very, very good at basketball. Don't hate just cause he's on the Hawks. Watch him play. Seriously.
Scorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: