Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #5701
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
He was being stalked and racially profiled while walking home not bothering anybody.

"F*cking punk"

"These assholes"

"No regrets"

he was standing in the front yard of a house that had been broken into recently while drugged up .. stop making excuses for the criminals
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #5702
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
I will be in utter shock if I hear 'guilty'

Will you then check about getting conjugal visits with Zimmerman?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #5703
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
He was walking home not bothering anybody!!!! He committed NO crime.

It's a f*cking joke!!

And GZ committed no crime by reporting TM as suspicious. He also did not commit a crime by following him (for whatever reason).

The way you frame it, TM was just blindsided by this racist overly-zealous neighborhood cop for no apparent reason other than the fact TM was black. I mean, if you really believe that, it just shows you're unable to overcome your pre-conceived biases.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #5704
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
He was being stalked and racially profiled while walking home not bothering anybody.

"F*cking punk"

"These assholes"

"No regrets"

Followed does not equal being stalked. And none of those quotes resemble racism in the slightest either as he is talking about recent incidents.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #5705
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82
So you don't think it's plausible that a 17 year old with TM's background could get offended by someone looking at him the wrong way, and get all thug on the guy? If you don't think it's at least plausible, then you're just confirming your bias.

He didn't go and attack Zim when Zim sat there staring at TM. He ran.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #5706
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
He committed NO crime.

It's a f*cking joke!!

Sure he did. Had Martin lived he would be in jail or prison for aggravated assault and aggravated battery with the intent to do great bodily harm or kill, or possibly murder or attempted murder had he beaten George to death or into a coma or shot him with George's gun he was reaching for. You can't launch an unprovoked attack on somebody because "some creepy ass cracker is following me."
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #5707
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I would convict him of muder cuz it doesn't take a retard to comprehend that he was in the wrong and killed an innocent kid, whether the evidence is there to prove it or not.

Just cuz there isn't evidence, doesn't mean he is innocent and I want him as my neighborhood watch captain. Plz don't remind me of how the law works, I understand it, but our laws, justice system and society is flawed if we let child killers walk cuz their isn't sufficient "evidence" when everyone knows GZ is a f*ckboy

so the right thing to do was the let this "innocent kid" beat him to death?

"innocent kid" who had been suspended 3 times, caught with a backpack of stolen jewlery, and who beat up a neighborhood watchman. Not to mention all the stuff on his phone...
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #5708
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsyde82
So you don't think it's plausible that a 17 year old with TM's background could get offended by someone looking at him the wrong way, and get all thug on the guy? If you don't think it's at least plausible, then you're just confirming your bias.
I like how you potray TM in a bad light but totally ignore Zim's history of violence (beating his fiance, overly aggressive according to former co-workers, Daniel Osmun, the ATF officer) and anger management issues. You don't think it is entirely plausible GZ went and confronted TM, embolded by the fact that he was armed with a loaded gun? And why the **** did G not identify himself to TM to diffuse the situation? I don't believe for a second that TM ambushed him from some bushes, there are no bushes where the fight supposedly started

Last edited by TheMan : 07-12-2013 at 03:27 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #5709
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

The only possible story of how things went down is what George Zimmerman says.

Since the other person is dead, we HAVE to believe EVERY word George Zimmerman says, and believe it as truth, unless there is PROOF that it didn't happen that way.

Why would George Zimmerman lie?

I cant wait for him to be freed and go back to being the leader of the neighborhood watch, his community has probably lived in fear ever since GZ hasn't been there. His community deserves him back to keep them safe.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #5710
dude77
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
He didn't go and attack Zim when Zim sat there staring at TM. He ran.

yes .. and hung around making calls to his boo precious .. who by the way was such an important person to call in such a dire time that she disregarded him completely when she couldn't reach him after he told her he was being terrorized by the evil fat vato
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #5711
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

I believe every word George Zimmerman says.

Its not even possible that it happened any other way, cuz there is no proof, and his attacker, Trayvon Martin, is dead.

Mr Zimmermans community DESERVES for him to be freed so he can continue ridding the community of blacks with skittles trying to get home.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #5712
PJR
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Sure he did. Had Martin lived he would be in jail or prison for aggravated assault and aggravated battery with the intent to do great bodily harm or kill, or possibly murder or attempted murder had he beaten George to death or into a coma or shot him with George's gun he was reaching for. You can't launch an unprovoked attack on somebody because "some creepy ass cracker is following me."

If you ever have children(which im positive you don't), God bless them.

Because their father would be completely okay with some random, strange dude following them, and you not defending yourself.

Last edited by PJR : 07-12-2013 at 03:31 PM.
PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #5713
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Sure he did. Had Martin lived he would be in jail or prison for aggravated assault and aggravated battery with the intent to do great bodily harm or kill, or possibly murder or attempted murder had he beaten George to death or into a coma or shot him with George's gun he was reaching for.

He'd walk free on the grounds of self defense.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #5714
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
- What you described though is someone who is scared and lacks self confidence.....a passive person who wouldn't dare actually start a fight....

- he may watch and be a taddle tale......but his natural response is to cower down and run if someone actually was to stand up to him....( at least that's my insinctive feel from looking/hearing him)

I may not have explained it well, but it's not a passive personality. It's a person who's personality changes depending on the status of the other person he's dealing with. You've been in the military, right? Have you heard the phrase KISS UP KICK DOWN? That's the type I'm describing. Some people get treated with ultra respect and some get shit on. With someone below his status he can let out all his aggressive and antisocial instincts.

As regards to Zimmerman if he was passive he would have stayed in his car and this kid would have lived.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #5715
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I like how you potray TM in a bad light but totally ignore Zim's history of violence (beating his fiance, overly aggressive according to former co-workers, Daniel Osmun, the ATF officer) and anger management issues. You don't think it is entirely plausible GZ went and confronted TM, embolded by the fact that he was armed with a loaded gun? And the **** did G not identify himself to TM to diffuse the situation? I don't believe for a second that TM ambushed him from some bushes, there are no bushes where the fight supposedly started

You're missing the point. I was responding to specific scenario someone had laid out. It had nothing to do with GZ. It had only to do with TM's actions. So I didn't comment on GZ at all. I only brought up a plausible scenario in which TM contributed to the provocation.

Nothing more, nothing less.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: