Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 05-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Offseason Outlook?

What do you think the Orlando Magic as a team need to address this offseason? What areas are lacking / what needs to be changed with the organization to have a better shot at the title next year? I want to hear your opinions,
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
Magicman17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magicman17 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Offseason Outlook?

Dwight needs some help if we want ot be contenders and not pretenders. Trade away one or 2 of the guards we got, move on reddick. Try and trade for a higher pick maybe?
Magicman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I was hearing a rumor that Orlando and Portland could be doing a deal to switch picks. The main areas I see that need to addressed is the SG and PF spot. I think the Magic should go after Channing Frye from Portland. He doesn't hardly get that much PT with Portland. He would be the PF they need next to Dwight Howard. Hedo is going into the last year of his contract next season so the Magic could trade him and slip Rashard Lewis back at the SF sopt. As for the SG spot I'll get back to you on that one.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Give Redick a chance elsewhere. I think he could be a Jon Paxson type player given the chance.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not sure why Orlando keeps looking for a PF before a PG. You guys are a PG away from being an elite team. I like Nelson, he'd be a great back up. But he isn't going to lead a team to a championship. In a league where there point gaurd position is becoming the most important, why aren't you guys looking for a PG? I understand you need a big man to go next to Dwight, but it seems to me the biggest issue with your team is PG.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 AM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

how bout packaging up Jameer and JJ for Raymond Felton? Felton is the type of PG u guys need... and Jameer as a scoring PG and splitting minutes with DJ Augustin would be great for Charlotte... not a block-buster trade but i feel Orlando would be better with this trade...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Would Patrick O'Bryant be a good fit in Orlando? The Magic need size and he could provide it. He was not given a fair shake in Golden State because he did not fit the system, but putting him up front with Howard would be an improvement over Marcin Gortat and company.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
Dasher

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pape Sow, Marcus Haislip and Jackson Vroman would also be good gets for the Magic.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:19 AM   #9
Magicman17
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magicman17 has an OK reputation so far

Dasher - all the above are no name duds who couldnt get any gigs anywhere cos they suck. I would keep battie over them anyday and add someone with some actual talent to fit into the rotation.
Magicman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #10
Dasher

You must be Otis Smith. These guys all have NBA experience and have all outperformed Fran Vazquez in Europe. They are also superior players to Battie, Cook, Gortat, and the present iteration of Adonal Foyle. I would hate to see Dwight have to play another year without another talented and athletic big to effectively spell him or play alongside him for a couple stretches a game.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #11
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
You must be Otis Smith. These guys all have NBA experience and have all outperformed Fran Vazquez in Europe. They are also superior players to Battie, Cook, Gortat, and the present iteration of Adonal Foyle. I would hate to see Dwight have to play another year without another talented and athletic big to effectively spell him or play alongside him for a couple stretches a game.

I hear your concern, but would you rather have a great PG or a great PF? I think the only way the Magic make it out of the East in today's NBA is with the addition of a PG who can match up. No slam to Jameer, I like him, but he is a great backup at this point in time.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #12
Dasher

Jameer Nelson is being used as the scapegoat for the Magic's deficiencies, and to answer your question:I would always rather have a great big. Point guards don't win titles big men do. Hakeem won chips with Kenny Smith and a young Sam Cassell. David Robinson and Tim Duncan won titles with Avery Johnson and a green Tony Parker.

Last year's success may have been fool's gold. Slotting a quality big next to Dwight would be better for his development and production. Dwight IMO is the only NBA quality big on the entire Magic roster and that is not gonna cut it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: