Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

Quote:
This team is overachieving and there playing with more grit and energy thus far. Carter has become the Caption even threw some rough games he had.
Quote:
Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)
Harris obviously has played better than expected. I really thought he was a 17/7 guy.

Lopez has some how improved his rebounding and defence since SL.

Quote:
Sean Williams aka SWat/Area51... no explanation needed.

Quote:
And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?
They gotta play defence like they did in the last game(against the Raps). Communicate and rotate. Develop the pups. Maybe a lock down defender at the 3 that can make an open corner three.
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

Better than expected. We've played great on the road. Although I knew Harris would be great this season, I don't think anyone knew he would be THIS good. VC is having his normal season, and the rookies(besides CDR who has yet to prove himself) are all playing great. I'm very happy with this start. The only thing I wish we would do better is play better at home.

Devin Harris - Like I said above, I knew he would be much improved but not THIS improved. I thought he would wound up in the 20/7 range but hes 6th in the NBA in points right now.

Brook Lopez - I didnt expect Lopez to do this well to tell the truth. I was happy we got in late in the draft but I thought he would be a bust to he honest. Man has he proven me wrong.

Nets Bench - This is a BIG reason for our wins. I really didnt expect them to come in and hit there shots like they are doing so. If we had this bench in 06, we could have probably went a lot further than we did.

Yi Jianlian- We all didnt expect a huge season from Yi but hes been VERY inconsistent. Though still young, Yi should at least have a consistent jumper now. At times, he just looks out of place and confused. But hes still young so its really not fair to crack on him now. Lets give him a few years before we really start worrying.

I believe this team is solid. When healthy and focused, I believe this team can put a fight with ANY team in the league. Though 2 things seperate us from the big dogs in the league, consistency and health. Quite a few of out guys have been hurt this season(luckily none that are serious) but we must stay healthy if we want a shot at the playoffs. Consistency is a huge component in every good team. The Nets lack it. The 1st half, we would come out firing on all cylinders and have a comfortable lead and then the 2nd half we would practically give the game away. If we have these 2 things, we should be in the post season.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Team is doing too good, fighting for a playoff spot isnt what I saw from the Nets.

Harris is doing very well. Im also liking Lopez's play.

Yi, I dont see much coming out of this guy, but hes just reallly underachieving. Also, CDR isnt getting the minutes to produce so

Small Forward needs some love. And CDR needs some PTR, dudes a beast.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bleh.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=111589
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #6
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Merge threads (if you have that action)
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Merge threads (if you have that action)
ask the thread starter to give us that power- it would sure come in handy.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

VC & Devin + any random role player= Nets win.
We can mak the playtoffs!

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)Harris: I was expecting like 18 ppg and 6 ast... man was I wrong :)
Stro: Man his athleticism and scoring touch was nice while Boone was out.
Hassell:BEAST! I love his J and his D is still very good... He was defending Bosh a couple of days ago!
Hayes: His absence has deffinently affected our style of play, we need him back ASAP
Anderson: been a beast lately

Yi: Very Very soft
Simmons: seems like he bricks most of his shots
Dooling: at times he is very frustrating to watch, he cant shoot very well.

SF! Simmons should be a role player off the bench... We need a starting calliber SF.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: