Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #31
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Buying Xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
Basically I can watch DVDs without a DVD thanks to my HDMI TV. Taaaaaada

U have an upconverter? if u do, the quality of an upconverter 1080 to a pure HD player is not comparable. I bought a upconverter to before I bought an HD player. At first I thought the quality is wicked (ofcorse I had to shell out another 100 bucks for the HDMI cable).

But when I fanally came around and bought a pure HD player, the image quality blows it out of the water.

I bought a upconverting Dvd player with a decent surround sound for $200, and I am very pleased with the picture it produces. I would rather have good sound and save $100. And you paid $100 for an HDMI cable? are you retarded? I got mine shipped to my house for $10.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #32
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
I bought a upconverting Dvd player with a decent surround sound for $200, and I am very pleased with the picture it produces. I would rather have good sound and save $100. And you paid $100 for an HDMI cable? are you retarded? I got mine shipped to my house for $10.

How long was ure cable length retard? what kind of cable is it, and when did u buy it?

Last edited by Boogaloo : 08-19-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #33
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really hate how Micro$$$oft is releasing different versions of the 360.

it may as well be Windows or Vista. Release the crap version first and then release the legit ones that people actually want and force them to upgrade. Shweet.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #34
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
i really hate how Micro$$$oft is releasing different versions of the 360.

it may as well be Windows or Vista. Release the crap version first and then release the legit ones that people actually want and force them to upgrade. Shweet.

fucin exactly.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #35
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
How long was ure cable length retard? what kind of cable is it, and when did u buy it?

Cable was 6 ft, from monoprice.com, and i got it last week. 15ft would be $10 more.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #36
Boogaloo

was it Monster cables? i saw no name version of HDMI cables, but fuc if im gonna shell out big bucks for a top of the line entertainment system, why not get a top of the line cables.

Thats like buying a luxury car w/o leather interiors.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #37
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Quote:
was it Monster cables? i saw no name version of HDMI cables, but fuc if im gonna shell out big bucks for a top of the line entertainment system, why not get a top of the line cables.

Thats like buying a luxury car w/o leather interiors.

Did you do any research at all on hdmi cables? Or did you just believe every word out of the salesman's mouth? Almost every source online agrees that there is almost no difference between the overpriced sh*t and Hdmi cables such as the ones at Monoprice.com
Old 08-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #38
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
well MS should have told us suckers who bought the system 6 months earlier.

Well yeah but they want to keep it on the downlow.

Sucks but this is why you buy a warranty at some place like Best Buy. Say your 360 died. Get a new one thats preferably upgraded = viola.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #39
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Video games?
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #40
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeisabeast
Did you do any research at all on hdmi cables? Or did you just believe every word out of the salesman's mouth? Almost every source online agrees that there is almost no difference between the overpriced sh*t and Hdmi cables such as the ones at Monoprice.com

Your right I dint research shieet. but this was almost two years ago. went in the store needed hdmi cable, saw one for 100 bucks, went and bought it.

But your right there seems to be no difference. Thanks for the lookout
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #41
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Video games?

whats wrong wit that?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #42
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nothing, hes just mad all he can afford is an N64, livin in a ****in cave in Croatia.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

They're a waste of time, and are bad for your eyes.

Source

Owner of a PSP 360 Ps1 NS4 DreamCast SuperNin Regular Nin Sega GBA GBA SP first gameboy ever 2 of them.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #44
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
They're a waste of time, and are bad for your eyes.

Source

Owner of a PSP 360 Ps1 NS4 DreamCast SuperNin Regular Nin Sega GBA GBA SP first gameboy ever 2 of them.

isnt that what ISH (and most everything actually) is by your definition?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
isnt that what ISH (and most everything actually) is by your definition?

Let OneWay answer that
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: