Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #136
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
go look at the polls. Nearly half of people in the US dont accept the law of evolution. They may not be young earth creationists, but they are creationists. and they are pushing to incorporate their religious agenda into scientific textbooks. You should know this, you live in texas. Look up your state board of eduction or even your governor's stance on this.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155003/ho...n-origins.aspx

Creationists are a much larger % of our society than you (and niko and rezznor) realize. There are tons of them.
http://ncse.com/rncse/24/5/creationists
well that is sad if true

I can say with 100% honesty though that growing up in Dallas and having gone to school here at every level never once was "creationism" (is that even a word?) pushed on me...ever. The theory of Evolution was brought up numerous times in classrooms though.

I know most of the colleges here are prestigious as well...and would never throw that at people...

I'm sure this nonsense can be found in rural parts of Texas but I myself have never witnessed it and I have lived here my whole life...

You grew up in Houston right? Both Dallas and Houston are very big cities...were you taught Adam and Eve in fcking school???
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #137
Miss Bella
I miss open layups

Miss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation hereMiss Bella has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
devout christians take the Bible seriously.... They believe the stories in the Bible are literal.

They believe Jesus Really dies on a cross and resurrected 3 days later...

In catholic church, when you receive Communion, they believe you are REALLY drinking the the blood of Christ and eating his flesh when you receive the wafer.

In current American society you have alot of people who claim to be christians (mostly because they want to go to heaven) but they dont believe the stories in the Bible...

The hardcore fundamentalists & hardcore catholics believe that stuff word for word.. You cant really be christian if you dont believe the stories...

The whole religion is based on FAITH....

you cant cherry pick what believe and what you dont believe

I have done communion and I am pretty sure all of the Christians I done it with knew that wine only symbolizes the blood of Christ.

I do not believe a lot of Americans longer are Christians, more cultural Christians. Which is a great thing. Christian cultures are the best.
Miss Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #138
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation
Cool Re: The Top 10 Claims Made by Creationists to Counter Scientific Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Good guess, but no.

More Demographic Breakdown

This is why the U.S. is so low in math/science rankings worldwide and the problem will only get worse unless people stand up against willful ignorance

Im sure it has nothing to do with the dissolution of the family structure, unsupervised and minimally encouraged children, lack of incentive due to economic stability and so forth.

Im sure the kids who never do homework, never have a book put in their hands at a young age, have no guidance or support... Im sure those are the ones who go to church with their family on Sunday and thats why they cant learn to multiply fractions.

Lets blame big easy targets like "the church" so we dont have to be big mean bullies and point the finger at billy bob or leshawn who skipped town on their child and baby mama to go drink and smoke meth and make more kids somewhere else. Individuals can never do anything wrong, right? Its just one person, how harmful can they be?? Its these big stupid establishments like the church and the media and the corporations and the government, arrrgghh! Its never people.

Last edited by OldSkoolball#52 : 11-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #139
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Bella
I have done communion and I am pretty sure all of the Christians I done it with knew that wine only symbolizes the blood of Christ.

Are you catholic? Catholics believe it is literally the body and blood of christ they are ingesting.. Catholics believe God is truly present in the tabernacle that sits up behind the alter...I was a catholic and this was specified to me when I asked.. Baptists and some other denominations who perform communion, do it symbolically.. but Catholics take it literally.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #140
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

OldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputationOldSkoolball#52 has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Are you catholic? Catholics believe it is literally the body and blood of christ they are ingesting.. Catholics believe God is truly present in the tabernacle that sits up behind the alter. I was a catholic and this was specified to me when I asked.. ..

Black people believe going to prison makes you respectable. Black people believe they deserve reparations. Black people believe fighting is how to solve disputes and crime is how you earn a living.

I talked to a black guy and he explained this to me.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #141
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Black people believe going to prison makes you respectable. Black people believe they deserve reparations. Black people believe fighting is how to solve disputes and crime is how you earn a living.

I talked to a black guy and he explained this to me.

you're dumb and irrelevant as always.. troll on
Old 11-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #142
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
you're dumb and irrelevant as always.. troll on

Both of our posts were trolling bro. Except mine was on purpose.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #143
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Both of our posts were trolling bro. Except mine was on purpose.

I wasn't trollin.. My post is true.. Yours is another sad attempt at getting attention… like you said, "on purpose"
Old 11-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #144
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't trollin.. My post is true.. Yours is another sad attempt at getting attention… like you said, "on purpose"

Whats different about your blanket statement to mine?

You know full well there are plenty of catholic church goers who dont believe jesus is in the bread theyre eating, just because the dumb ones you grew up with think so.

But you have an agenda and want to create a perception. Just like how all black people are unintelligent and consume nothing but fried chicken and purple sugar water.

Gna'waddum sayin dawg???
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #145
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Whats different about your blanket statement to mine?

The difference between my statement and your trolling is that I went to catholic school and I was taught by priests and nuns that the sacraments and their belief in God is literal… They believe you are literally drinking the blood of christ when you drink the wine.. They believe you are eating the body of christ when you eat the host..

I didn't learn that fact from regular church goers.. I learned it as an alter boy, and I also learned it in class.

you? you're just trolling and looking for attention, as usual..
Old 11-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #146
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
The difference between my statement and your trolling is that I went to catholic school and I was taught by priests and nuns that the sacraments and their belief in God is literal… They believe you are literally drinking the blood of christ when you drink the wine.. They believe you are eating the body of christ when you eat the host..

I didn't learn that fact from regular church goers.. I learned it as an alter boy, and I also learned it in class.

you? you're just trolling and looking for attention, as usual..

You were not taught this by every catholic in America and you know full well that not everyone in a religion of millions of people interprets things the same way.

You are trolling. Because youre black. Trust me, I grew up in an area with black people. They were all loud, ghetto, obnoxious trolls. Thats how I know you are too.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #147
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
You were not taught this by every catholic in America and you know full well that not everyone in a religion of millions of people interprets things the same way.

You are trolling. Because youre black. Trust me, I grew up in an area with black people. They were all loud, ghetto, obnoxious trolls. Thats how I know you are too.

you're a dumb ass… you'll be banned again soon troll
Old 11-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #148
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Are you catholic? Catholics believe it is literally the body and blood of christ they are ingesting.. Catholics believe God is truly present in the tabernacle that sits up behind the alter...I was a catholic and this was specified to me when I asked.. Baptists and some other denominations who perform communion, do it symbolically.. but Catholics take it literally.

there are some things that the catechism says and there are some things that catholic people actually believe.

Catholics don't take the bible literally. Many protestant denominations do.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #149
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
there are some things that the catechism says and there are some things that catholic people actually believe.

Catholics don't take the bible literally. Many protestant denominations do.

I understand that… The official position of the church is that communion is literal, not symbolic. The interpretation of the followers varies to a wide degree.. But you base the tenets of a religion on its official positions..The discrepancy is problem between the church institution and its own followers.. We discussed that issue to death at the beginning of this thread..

The church is against abortion, but a lot of its followers are not..

the point I was making (at the beginning of the thread) is that the followers who call themselves true followers (of any denomination) tend to believe ALL the tenets of their religion, not just the ones they like..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: