Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Rose tore his meniscus again. And not even during a game this time.

The Rose era is OVER. So is the Thibs era. New look for the Bulls next season. Time for a new point guard. New coach.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: Rose tore his meniscus again. And not even during a game this time.

I am in a state of shock and depression. This came out of left field and this team had the potential to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    I am in a state of shock and depression. This came out of left field and this team had the potential to win it all.
    They weren't winning crap this season anyways. The team looked terrible. The Cavs or Hawks would have probably beat them in the playoffs.

Any free agent pg available worth considering?????

This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by chairman
    Any free agent pg available worth considering?????
    I want to know when exactly did Rose feel the pain from this knee, Only 1-2 days ago? really?
    I just wonder if they could have the MRI exam done 3 weeks ago, Bulls have had a chance of getting help.
    Phil Jackson is cleaning house and he would have given up Calderon for a couple of role players, heck I like Taj, but Calderon who makes minimal mistakes would have really helped and much improved Bulls roster.
    Yes, they didn't do anything great last playoffs but now, they have a MUCH BETTER Butler, Pau who is having one of his best seasons in 5 years, Snell is more confident etc.
    Sixers practically gave away MCW. I mean now, you can just pray that someone can get bought out.
    I really think decent guys like Jameer Nelson could have helped. Keep in mind Bulls advanced without Rose with Nate Robinson, and that was without Pau and a raw Butler.

We have been there and done that with Rose.

Stay strong Bulls fans, we got to take the good with the bad...

After all, there is still a very good bulls team there who need our support.

thoughts go out to Rose and bulls players who must be in shock right now.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I want to know when exactly did Rose feel the pain from this knee, Only 1-2 days ago? really?
    He felt some soreness on Monday. But he's been feeling soreness all season long with negative tests. The Bulls and Thibs didn't do anything wrong here. Tuesday he continued to have soreness, went for yet another MRI, and this one showed a tear. Not a serious tear like before, but enough to require surgery.

People in the mix are saying it could be repaired, and Rose could return this season. Of course, that is all speculation and nobody will know for sure until it's re-evaluated after it heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    He felt some soreness on Monday. But he's been feeling soreness all season long with negative tests. The Bulls and Thibs didn't do anything wrong here. Tuesday he continued to have soreness, went for yet another MRI, and this one showed a tear. Not a serious tear like before, but enough to require surgery.

People in the mix are saying it could be repaired, and Rose could return this season. Of course, that is all speculation and nobody will know for sure until it's re-evaluated after it heals.

Question is, what's best for the team?

Do the Bulls continue to build around him? Or do they look at the option of waiving him...

I felt like this was his last chance to prove that he was over the injuries...

Now we have a big decision to make. Do we start fresh with a new coach, waive Rose and rebuild? Or do we keep putting faith in Rose and keep our current core.

Or just fire the coach...

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Question is, what's best for the team?

Do the Bulls continue to build around him? Or do they look at the option of waiving him...

I felt like this was his last chance to prove that he was over the injuries...

Now we have a big decision to make. Do we start fresh with a new coach, waive Rose and rebuild? Or do we keep putting faith in Rose and keep our current core.

Or just fire the coach...

We let the dust settle a bit before making rash decisions. Knee-jerking leads to more bad moves, even when they look good on paper or sound nice in the short run.

You have a whole team that can be salvaged and still built around, but maybe the players we want to keep, are interested in something different, or maybe some of them are sick of Rose and defending him against a very harsh world of journalists that prey on simple minded folk, thus they prefer that Rose is hurt and out. Who knows.

No more building around him. The Rose era is over. This can't be built as his team anymore. If he gets healthy fine. But now it's time to look at building the team around Jimmy Butler, Noah, Mirotic, McDermott and Snell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas

I have been hearing little Nate is being considered.

Love to have him back, but I don't know if everyone would agree with this...

Nothing to lose right?

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Rick Morrissey in the Sun-Times said it best:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketba...er-coming-back

As Rose prepares for surgery to repair a meniscus tear in his right knee, one thing is painfully clear: His body wasn’t built for the way he plays the game of basketball. Think about the cruelty in that. He was blessed with a dizzying amount of talent but cursed with a body that can’t handle all the stresses his talent demands. He’s a cutting-edge airplane with landing-gear design flaws.
    Rose was my favorite player in all of basketball. It had to do with the athleticism for the position he played and the fire in which in he played the game... and it didn't hurt that he grew up not too far from me. And even though I will still root for him I now know that what once was will never be again. Just remember him the way we knew him - a comet that shot across the sky and died out too soon. This is a guy who could have been a legend in the game. He had that kind of ability. Its pretty sad that his body let him down and he never got to fulfill his true potential.

And yes, I know, he will come back and play again.... but not like before. Its a damn shame but that's ova. MVP Rose is gone and he aint never coming back. The sooner we accept that, the better.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 02-25-2015 at 06:57 PM.

betrayyed.