Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    Even with gasol's declining value I think he is worth more than lowry but I also agree the lowry/scola would be too much to give up for Pau. Seems to me that a 3rd team is needed if this deal is at all possible.
    The funny thing is that some lakerfans don't think that Scola and Lowry is enough, they even want Martin or Lee in the trade as well..

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Typical Knicks fan, still trying to justify the Jordan Hill trade.

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders. Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams?

It's easy to just say things and ignore the already immediate results of the draft.

A bunch of terrific players who came out of the draft and "they may as well have been 2nd rounders" is an ignorant statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Lowry is more balanced at this point due to his defense but offensively Dragic is better in every way to me. Better playmaker, better pure shooter, better at running the team on the court. It sounds so cliche because Nash mentored him and he's a white guy but Dragic truly looks like Nash 2.0 a lot of times. The way he goes right up the gut of the defense and makes flashy passes out of traffic to open shooters is beautiful.

I disagree. Lowry has better vision and is a much better passer. What Dragic does better is run pure pick n' roll. He's a better slasher, naturally getting all the way to the rim. And I do think he's a better pure game manager.

But I can't see him being a better playmaker than Lowry, in any way. The thing that could be an issue for Lowry is his consistency in putting it all together. But like I said, his stat lines change every night, but he always produces. I think his assist totals don't do justice to how much better he makes players. He makes Scola a much better player. Obviously, he's the better rebounder and defender. I also think that, after the big 7, he's the best PG in the NBA.

If I was projecting, I'd say that Dragic might very well establish himself as a top 10 PG next season. But I'd have Lowry near the tier of the other 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I disagree. Lowry has better vision and is a much better passer. What Dragic does better is run pure pick n' roll. He's a better slasher, naturally getting all the way to the rim. And I do think he's a better pure game manager.

But I can't see him being a better playmaker than Lowry, in any way. The thing that could be an issue for Lowry is his consistency in putting it all together. But like I said, his stat lines change every night, but he always produces. I think his assist totals don't do justice to how much better he makes players. He makes Scola a much better player. Obviously, he's the better rebounder and defender. I also think that, after the big 7, he's the best PG in the NBA.

If I was projecting, I'd say that Dragic might very well establish himself as a top 10 PG next season. But I'd have Lowry near the tier of the other 7.
    Dragic was on a hot steak. Lowry should be a better player next year.

Dragic can hit some passes that Lowry clearly can't but he is more ball dominant. Lowry has more impact on the game. I rather keep Lowry as a Rockets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Lol at Laker fans hyping Gasol as a top 3 PF after crucifying him online just a week ago
    I all about keeping Gasol and trading Bynum though.

Dragic to NY needs to happen.

NBA Superstar

i wouldn't want to play for Mchale either. he's the same idiot that signed Dalembert when teams wanted him, then goes and gets Camby too. i'd have been pissed if i were Dalembert since he could've gone back to Sacramento with guaranteed PT. Mchale has always tried to make everything some competition and abruptly sits players in favor of others on a dime. He'd just be a horrible coach to play for if you're not a already known star guaranteed your minutes. can't blame Lowry at all, especially when you think you've proven yourself enough, but are going to have to fight for PT or emphasis again.

its sort of like the Bears signing Michael Bush while still having Forte, altho football's a little different since its nice to really have depth there and both are used more to spell each other. still, i don't blame Forte for being pissed.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 05-26-2012 at 03:27 PM.