Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is your IQ?

Everyone is posting bullshit scores, but my actual score, which I received after taking the test when I was five years old, was a 147.

IQ is such bullshit, though. I've met people with higher IQ's who are dumber than me, and people with lower scores than are smarter. There are so many other factors that come in to play that applying one test and one number to describe someone's intelligence is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Peteballa; 07-22-2013 at 10:47 PM.

[Bruinlove] 167 [/Bruinlove]

National High School Star

My IQ is higher than Obama's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    [Bruinlove] 167 [/Bruinlove]

The only official test I ever took was when I was 11. I scored 128.

As we know, IQ tests may not be the best indicators of intelligence that we could have, but having said that:

1) IQ tests are in general becoming increasingly complex, so that they measure multiple facets of intelligence. And, while not perfect, they are better at measuring intelligence than "career", "money", "fame", "sex received", etc. Intelligence and success are different, with the first, imo, basically being someone's capacity of thinking correctly. After all, people prefer using the "street smarts" phrase in order to approach the success factor.

2) Not all IQ tests are equally reliable. Not even all online IQ tests are equally (un)reliable, as some people claim. To be honest, I'll take some online tests over, say, the test of Mansa easily. Although I've never taken the Mensa test, I have a hard time taking seriously an IQ test that lasts only 20 minutes (for 45 questions) and, as far as I've heard, basically tests only 1 type of intelligence (if this is wrong, I want to hear the truth), even if this type is considered culturally unbiased.
    Some other online tests, however, think too much of themselves and are probably overrated by 15+ points.

3) An above average intelligence person who's made IQ test solving a habbit will probably have his IQ exaggerated due to developing thinking strategies once he's somewhat caught up with the authors' way of thinking. So, their 10th IQ testing score will likely be higher than their 1st. Let's be honest, creative imagination based on logic does have limits. Sure, they are incredibly high and nobody has approached them, but they do exist somewhere.
    The good thing is, lots of people can boost their scores by also changing their line of thinking. Some, though, are more capable than others.

4) EQ (emotional quotient) is often considered more important than IQ. This is partially true and partially false. EQ is more important if you want a solid interpersonal development in a society which has an average IQ of 100. IQ is more important for the advancement of humanity.

5) To be honest, I'm tired of people who try to downplay their high IQ scores, at least in certain tests. Yes, we get it, it doesn't solve the purpose of your existence and it doesn't make you anywhere close to perfect. But neither do the facets I mentioned before (money, career, sex, diplomas), yet I don't see anyone try to downplay any of them. Maybe because people are too hung up on personal success which one day might very well turn into fail and tragedy. And yes, IQ tests are far from the only way of measuring intelligence. But you may also have heard of the phrase that "some people are so poor they only have money".
    Have some pride or, at least, feel some luck. Having a very high IQ does NOT mean "nothing", at least no less than having lots of money also means "nothing", since it's a matter of what you're going to do with that money, as well.
    Stop apologizing. You'll find plenty of jealous haters with mediocre minds who'll do all this dirty work for you. Stand your ground.

bout tree fiddy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I hope all of you realize that posting scores is worthless without also posting what test you took.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    5) To be honest, I'm tired of people who try to downplay their high IQ scores, at least in certain tests. Yes, we get it, it doesn't solve the purpose of your existence and it doesn't make you anywhere close to perfect. But neither do the facets I mentioned before (money, career, sex, diplomas), yet I don't see anyone try to downplay any of them. Maybe because people are too hung up on personal success which one day might very well turn into fail and tragedy. And yes, IQ tests are far from the only way of measuring intelligence. But you may also have heard of the phrase that "some people are so poor they only have money".
    Have some pride or, at least, feel some luck. Having a very high IQ does NOT mean "nothing", at least no less than having lots of money also means "nothing", since it's a matter of what you're going to do with that money, as well.
    Stop apologizing. You'll find plenty of jealous haters with mediocre minds who'll do all this dirty work for you. Stand your ground.
    As I said...im sure im above average...because average is....not much.

But I really just dont buy that im as far ahead of average as was implied by the various testing I did as a child.

I spent years getting hounded by two teachers then put in a free private school(my mom was a teacher there) where I was placed in an honors class and spent hours on riddles and logic problems, learning history from a woman I feel may be the smartest person I ever met, and doing whatever the hell I wanted as long as it was productive. I had stacks of old nature magazines all over my room in boxes the school would just give any of us who wanted them. I read volumes of encyclopedias the school gave us(bought new ones) to pass the time. I was in weekend and summer programs with my moms bosses Sri Lankan kids learning about Vivaldi and doing quiz bowls.

I got a head start on the kind of thinking I suspect the tests try to measure.

If I were born to a crackhead and never learned to read until school taught me id be a totally different person. I remember starting public school and being blown away by the bullshit they had me doing. Kids being taught what the X meant in an algebra problem and im sitting there incredulous because I learned such things so long ago I didnt even remember being taught it(kinda how you know your ABCs...but dont remember learning them).

Ive had people(mostly...people id call average..and sadly its mostly black people) fawning over me since I was 3 because I "talk smart". I speak the way I was forced to and it makes a good impression on people expecting to hear something else from a black male from where im from.

But it didnt come from nowhere.

If more average children had my upbringing they would probably seem above average....
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 07-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteballa
    Everyone is posting bullshit scores, but my actual score, which I received after taking the test when I was five years old, was a 147.

IQ is such bullshit, though. I've met people with higher IQ's who are dumber than me, and people with lower scores than are smarter. There are so many other factors that come in to play that applying one test and one number to describe someone's intelligence is ridiculous.
    I think the same thing too. I don't really believe in IQ testing or standardized tests in general.

BTW...When I was like 10 or 11 years old I tested 97

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I think the same thing too. I don't really believe in IQ testing or standardized tests in general.

BTW...When I was like 10 or 11 years old I tested 97
    Not sure why you . That makes you average for your age group.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    So you want evidence that he's making a video game, not that his IQ is 182?

I don't even know where my high school diploma or SS card is. Do you think I have the test as prove? If I find them I will post it here, heck I will PM you so you know I am not bullshitting people here. I don't have to lie about stuff I didn't do here. Is not like you will ever find me or meet me in real life.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I was tested as a child and scored 133.

I'm guessing it would be lower now after years of killing brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Not sure why you . That makes you average for your age group.
    I like that smiley too much. When I posted in forums in the beginning I use to spam those smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I was tested as a child and scored 133.

I'm guessing it would be lower now after years of killing brain cells.

I wonder how high or low mine is after 10 years!
    Last edited by Bandito; 07-23-2013 at 07:48 PM.