Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Default If PRIME Arvydas Came to the NBA, Where Would Have He Ranked As All Time Center?

Maybe 5th...after Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-24-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Default Re: If PRIME Arvydas Came to the NBA, Where Would Have He Ranked As All Time Center?

Probably between Greg Ostertag and Kwame Brown?

Arvydas was clearly light and the loafers.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: If PRIME Arvydas Came to the NBA, Where Would Have He Ranked As All Time Center?

I would have loved seeing the Bulls response to Sabas in the 92 Finals.

With or without steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by fos

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Old crippled Sabonis was leagues above those guys. He was also arguably the best guy to have versus prime Shaq. Imagine him in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by fos

Arvydas in his Prime

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0mwuNW...eature=related
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-24-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

He was basically a basketball Drago. Drugged up russian monster....but he had crazy skills for his size anyway. Blazers maybe get a ring one of those years they lost in the finals. Maybe the one vs the Pistons. Or never know...could have gone where he was drafted in the first place....the Hawks. teamed with Nique.

NYK's comeback 08-09 worldbefree's Avatar

He would have ranked top 3 in best ALL-ROUND centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He was basically a basketball Drago. Drugged up russian monster....but he had crazy skills for his size anyway. Blazers maybe get a ring one of those years they lost in the finals. Maybe the one vs the Pistons. Or never know...could have gone where he was drafted in the first place....the Hawks. teamed with Nique.
    Would have been illegal though. He was too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

A PRIME Arvydas with the Blazers in the late 80s and earlys with PRIME Glide (All Around Player that Could Make Teams Better and Still be Top Scorer), Prime Buck Williams, PRIME Terry Porter etc.. are you kidding me just 1 Championship!?

They would probably have won the 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992 and 1993 Championships with Ease.

No to mention that Arvydas happens to be a Center that could not only Dominate the Paint, Shoot, Score, Rebound, Impose Presence but PASS and MAKE OTHERS BETTER. Both Glide and Arvydas would have been a DINASTY.

Jordan would have probably have to wait till around 1993-95 Season for his Championship and would have had to Deal with the Rockets and Hakeem, which would have probably needed another Star Caliber Player in his Prime (Ala Glide, Malone, Charles, Derrick Coleman, or others) and they would have schooled.

Ofcourse if Jordan did not have Pippen and it was Just

Hakeems Rockets vs Jordans Bulls = HAKEEM would Win with Ease.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 07-24-2008 at 03:31 AM.

Sabonis is likely the most underrated center of all time. Such skill for a big man. Finesse and strong as well. Exceptional passer. Its a shame he came to the league past his prime years

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Maybe 5th...after Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq.

I don't think he would be as good as Prime David Robinson. Robinson was a monster during his early years in the NBA, and he almost won his 2nd NBA MVP trophy in the 1995-96 Season.

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Sabonis is likely the most underrated center of all time. Such skill for a big man. Finesse and strong as well. Exceptional passer. Its a shame he came to the league past his prime years
    Agreed. Most fans forget how good Sabonis really was not to mention most fans on ISH probably haven't even seen him play more than a game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I don't think he would be as good as Prime David Robinson. Robinson was a monster during his early years in the NBA, and he almost won his 2nd NBA MVP trophy in the 1995-96 Season.
    Are you kidding me? He dominated Robinson in the 1988 and 1986 Olympics and Sabonis was just 1 year older.

Sabonis in the 90s would have only been a a match up in the Paint to Shaq and away from the paint to Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Are you kidding me? He dominated Robinson in the 1988 and 1986 Olympics and Sabonis was just 1 year older.

Sabonis in the 90s would have only been a a match up in the Paint to Shaq and away from the paint to Hakeem.

I think you're an idiot you also forget that the Admiral won an Olympic Gold Medal in the 1992 and 1996 Olympics, and he is one of the best NBA Center in the 1990's.

Career awards/accomplishments

NBA Champion (1999, 2003)
    NBA MVP (1995)
    NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1992)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (1990)
    All-NBA First Team (1991, '92, '95, '96)
    All-NBA Second Team (1994, '98)
    All-NBA Third Team (1990, '93, 2000, '01)
    All-Defensive First Team (1991, '92, '95, '96)
    All-Defensive Second Team (1990, '93, '94, '98)
    10-time NBA All-Star
    Only player in NBA history to win the Rebounding, Blocked Shots, and Scoring Titles and Rookie of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and MVP
    One of only four players to have recorded a quadruple-double
    NBA Sportsmanship Award (2001)
    Third player in NBA history to rank among the league's top 10 in five categories (7th in scoring (23.2 ppg), 4th in rebounding (12.2 rpg), 1st in blocks (4.49 per game), 5th in steals (2.32 per game) and 7th in field-goal percentage (.551))
    First player in NBA history to rank among the top five in rebounding, blocks and steals (per game) in a single season
    Fourth player ever to score 70+ in an NBA game
    3-time Olympian (1988, '92, '96)
    One of 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996)
    Led NBA in Scoring (1993–94 season) - 29.8 ppg
    Led NBA in Rebounding (1990–91 season) - 13.0 rpg
    Led NBA in Blocked Shots (1991–92 season) - 4.49 bpg
    Holds record for most IBM Awards (1990, '91, '94, '95, '96)
    His 10,497 rebounds and 2,954 blocked shots are the most by any player wearing a San Antonio Spurs jersey, and his 20,790 points are second most behind only George Gervin's 23,602. (Had only Gervin's NBA numbers been taken into account, Robinson would be #1 in this category; Gervin scored 4,219 of his points while the franchise was in the American Basketball Association.)
    Gold Medal in 1986 FIBA World Championship.
    Member of Dream Team #1 during Olympic Games at Barcelona.

Robinson > Sabonis
    Robinson > Barkley
    Robinson > Sir Charles