Default The Church of Satan

i'm enjoying the listverse site. i just started reading a satan article and saw this...

[quote][b]Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Satan: The Church Of Satan Doesn

Default Re: The Church of Satan

It is a little weird though that people would gather together long term for the purpose of keeping a longstanding irony/troll going.

listverse is great. Much better than cracked.

   

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It is a little weird though that people would gather together long term for the purpose of keeping a longstanding irony/troll going.
    it's clearly not that. i dunno where you got that idea, but these people are dedicated to a pretty rational set of values going back about 50 years from what i'm reading. it seems more like a naturist / modern buddhist type of approach, so far.

i could definitely see myself getting involved with them, or at least checking them out, but it would be a PITA trying to describe what i was doing to my friends and family. the name immediately forces a level of secrecy, which i'm not really interested in either.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    listverse is great. Much better than cracked.
    i like it a lot. cracked has arguably more useful content, but they insist on writing their articles for some kind of wannabe young hipster audience.

there should really be a word for that-- worthwhile information communicated by a doofus.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i'm enjoying the listverse site. i just started reading a satan article and saw this...

that all makes good sense to me, b-b-but why go with the word "satan" at all? you're pretty much guaranteeing that your org is going to be the subject of misunderstanding, contempt and even retaliation. very few of your members will be able to talk about the 'church' with anyone outside of the org.

of course i get that conceptually a lot of that is the whole point, but...
    Exactly what I was thinking. I think it would've been better to use a different name than Satan and make Christian people believe they in fact worship him. Unless it is a trick by people that worship Satan in order to win more people to their church unknowingly.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    You people don't understand marketing if you think choosing Satan wasn't smart.
    i've skimmed through their stuff and it's obviously a lot more than just marketing.

dun make me put you and #6 in the same playpen, yo.

Banned

I found listverse about a year back. Some really interesting articles mixed with some horribly biased ones that put forward un fact checked one sided bullshit to further an opinion. Those are usually the more politically articles though, stuff like this and the history ones are really interesting.