Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Ricky Rubio

anyone else heard of him? 6'4 180Lbs. Kid is great. he'll just be 18 this year.

there was one game against Russia where he made 51pts 24rebs 12assts. (which i thought might a mistake but... i don't know)

he's a handful of talent.. but he'll have a problem containing the guards in the NBA.

here's a mix.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqLGzkhRHN8

Default Re: Ricky Rubio

not really, he's already one of the best perimeter defenders in europe at age of 17. he's got inhuman lateral quickness, wickedly quick hands and great natural defensive instincts. he led the euroleague in steals last year and regularly guarded opponent's biggest perimeter threats. he'll need to gain some pounds, but he has all the tools to become the lockdown defender even at nba level.

right now his biggest weakness apart from lack of muscle mass is outside shooting.

people who know ball have known about Rubio since he was 16. all the spanish national players swear he's the next big thing from europe.

he most probably is. it's unheard of in europe that someone plays so well, at a level so high, at that age

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    not really, he's already one of the best perimeter defenders in europe at age of 17. he's got inhuman lateral quickness, wickedly quick hands and great natural defensive instincts. he led the euroleague in steals last year and regularly guarded opponent's biggest perimeter threats. he'll need to gain some pounds, but he has all the tools to become the lockdown defender even at nba level.

right now his biggest weakness apart from lack of muscle mass is outside shooting.
    His outside shooting has really improved this season. I mean, he's still no sniper, but his 3pt.% was a rather poor 28% during last season's spanish ACB while he's currently shooting a pretty good 36%.

someone's trying to keep ricky rubio down... moving him into the international section, hah.

he's a legit NBA prospect.

i guess they're going to move the "any new highschool sensations..." thread as well.

kidachi

o oh. no one gonna notice this thread now.

jeff obviously doesn't think as high of ricky as we do

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    someone's trying to keep ricky rubio down... moving him into the international section, hah.

i guess they're going to move the "any new highschool sensations..." thread as well.

Bring it back to the main forum! I would love to have Ricky Rubio as Miller's understudy. Kid even makes the game fun to watch with all his trick moves.

kidachi

can the mods bring this back to the main forum?

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech

Rubio belongs in this forum,where people know about his game.I mean what a question,"does anybody know of him?"He is a great defender and a very clever player,the two things which are most normally absent in kids that young.He has been playing in the ACB since he was 14!
    Doubletech you should watch more international basketball,we are not letting anybody down.

kidachi

bring this back up.

Saw a basketball once

ricky rubio's last night statline in ULEB cup against more than decent team (albeit in a close loss): 29 points on 10/11 shooting , 1o assists, 3 steals.

just

Saw a basketball once

I've been on his bandwagon 4ever (ok, like a year)