Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Arena Football is back!

Not much news about it. A few years ago, I was really into the AFL. I saw that the first games were this weekend after there was no season last year. BUT, this year brings MANY changes. There are new teams, teams from AFL 2 are now AFL teams. Very weird if you ever were into the "old" AFL from a few years ago.

South Division:
Alabama Vipers
Jacksonville Sharks
Tampa Bay Storm (longest tenured AFL franchise, 1987)
Orlando Predators (2nd longest tenured)

Southwest:
Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
Dallas Vigilantes (not the Desperados anymore)
Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz (has to be the dumbest sports name ever)
Tulsa Talons

Midwest:
Chicago Rush
Cleveland Gladiators
Iowa Barnstormers
Milwaukee Iron

West:
Arizona Rattlers (3rd longest tenured AFL franchise, 1991 I think)
Spokane Shock
Utah Blaze

I used to go to a few Dallas Desperados games in the past. And I have family who lives in Shreveport, so I used to go to a couple of Battle Wings games too, but that was back when they were in the AFL 2 league.

I really got into the AFL b/c it was a nice break since there was no NFL, and it was also a nice change from the NFL b/c of its high scoring and the showmanship allowed without penatlies was fun too. Fans also were allowed to get more into the games. We'll see how the AFL goes this time around, hopefully well.

I don't have a favorite team (used to be Grand Rapids Rampage). I like a few teams, so I'll say: Go Storm, Sharks and Battle Wings
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Arena Football is back!

don't understand the appeal
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no philly soul?
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no San Jose Saber Cats?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think they should make the Arena league a minor league of some sort for the NFL. It would be interesting.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
no San Jose Saber Cats?

That franchise, along with the Grand Rapids Rampage, are the main ones I'm shocked aren't still around. The Sabercats were perennial contenders and were always in the playoffs. Its a shame, but I heard if the AFL does well this season, that the Sabercats might come back next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I think they should make the Arena league a minor league of some sort for the NFL. It would be interesting.

I hope you were kidding. If you weren't, then that's crazy. The AFL is almost entirely different from the NFL. Different rules, different sized field, different strategies, and maaaaany more differences.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

You can watch EVERY AFL game online for free, too. Just go to the arena football's official website and download the AFL player. Click on Live Feed and then download the NiftyTV AFL Live player. Its free and very fast.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

lmao the soul are done? theyre the defending champs
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is some lame ass shit. Where are the Columbus Destroyers?
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Well, there is a reason some of the previous AFL franchises like the Soul, Destroyers, Rampage and Sabre Cats aren't currently playing.

The current incarnation of the Arena Football League is an arena football league founded in 2009 to replace the original AFL, which collapsed following THAT league's 2008 season. The league, originally launched as Arena Football 1, was formed with 16 teams: existing teams from the original AFL and arenafootball2, an existing team from the American Indoor Football Association, and several new teams or markets. Though the current league was founded separately from the original Arena Football League, the current AFL bought all the properties of its predecessor in a bankruptcy auction in December 2009, allowing it to brand itself as a continuation of its predecessor.

It's basically a whole new franchise being run by totally different people. The only reason its still called the AFL is b/c it bought all the original AFL's properties. Its still weird though, having former AFL teams mixed in with afl2 teams and new franchises.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #11
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Glad the Rattlers are back
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wasn't aware it left
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: