Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/where-...13.html?page=2

Here are the top five cities where Americans are moving:

No. 1: Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Statistical Area
    Net Domestic Migration, 7/10 to 7/11: +39,021
    July 2011 Population: 6,400,511

No. 2: Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach MSA
    Net Domestic Migration, 7/10 to 7/11: +36,191
    July 2011 Population: 5,578,080

No. 3: Austin, Texas
    Net Domestic Migration, 7/10 to 7/11: +30,669
    July 2011 Population: 1,728,247

No. 4: Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
    Net Domestic Migration, 7/10 to 7/11: +27,157
    July 2011 Population: 2,788,151

No. 5: Houston
    Net Domestic Migration, 7/10 to 7/11: +21,580
    July 2011 Population: 5,976,470
    p.s. San Antonio made #8
    Last edited by rezznor; 11-30-2012 at 11:59 AM.

National High School Star

Default Re: Where Americans are moving to. Guess what state has 3 of the top 5?

Texas is the greatest state.

There's too many free loading hippie libs in Austin, though.

My friend and his wife moved out of Houston to Oregon two weeks ago though

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

best economy in the country, and most affordable place to live...can't tell you how many Cali people I know who say they would never go back...and Floridians

I have mentioned this before but the great economy here has also caused a massive influx of strippers who can't make money in Cali or Florida or even Nevada... I'm not kidding either, Dallas is flooded with strippers from all over the country.

Don't care how bad Cali gets, i'd never leave it for Texas of all places. I just can't shake that the racism is much more open there. Don't they still lynch people? Can't go any place where white people walk around with guns and whose bloodline is still reach with people who support segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Don't care how bad Cali gets, i'd never leave it for Texas of all places. I just can't shake that the racism is much more open there. Don't they still lynch people? Can't go any place where white people walk around with guns and whose bloodline is still reach with people who support segregation.
    notsureifserious

Cali is just as racist, probably more...I can remember seeing an article on racism by state and Cali was very high, I think #1 on the list even.

refresh my memory...who had a race riot most recently? cali or texas?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    notsureifserious

Cali is just as racist, probably more...I can remember seeing an article on racism by state and Cali was very high, I think #1 on the list even.
    Oh you are right, Cali is definitely racist and one of the most conservative states. But i think you're thinking of diversity or how segregated things are, not racism. But Cali is the one place that has a piece of every other place. You don't have to be from Cali to find a place in Cali that makes you feel at home.

I'm sure its mostly ignorance though when i feel like Texas is a spooky place where everyone is a little too honest about their dislike for other races.

Oh you are right, Cali is definitely racist and one of the most conservative states. But i think you're thinking of diversity or how segregated things are, not racism. But Cali is the one place that has a piece of every other place. You don't have to be from Cali to find a place in Cali that makes you feel at home.

[COLOR="Red"]I'm sure its mostly ignorance though when i feel like Texas is a spooky place where everyone is a little too honest about their dislike for other races[/COLOR].
    If you literally picture it as a place where lynchings happen and we all tote around guns like the Wild West, then YES that is ignorance

Dallas is the 5th largest city in the country...and as you can see from the OP, it is composed of millions of people from all over.

I believe 53% of the Texas population today is made up of people that were not born in Texas...last I remember

I'm sure its mostly ignorance though when i feel like Texas is a spooky place where everyone is a little too honest about their dislike for other races.

have you ever been to dallas, houston, or austin? you do realize we have a very diverse community, right?

Decent college freshman

It's hilarious how people perceive Texas sometimes. I had a girlfriend who visited some relatives and her little cousin asked her if she they had makeup in her village in Texas, like we were all living in log cabins and riding horses on the frontier

I'm down with HRC

When slandering another state for its ignorance, you may want to avoid making stupid mistakes of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    When slandering another state for its ignorance, you may want to avoid making stupid mistakes of your own.
    Yeah, typos never occur on the internet.

I told myself i'd never move to any state that that consistently votes republican. Maybe long ago a republican vote didn't mean you were racist, but it definitely means that today (or at the least just ignorant), unless of course 99% of the population in Texas are millionaires. But i doubt that, so why are a bunch of middle and poor people consistently voting for republicans.

CA has plenty racism and ignorance of its own, but i can't imagine its on Texas' level. Isn't Texas the place where they are (or were) voting to stop teaching evolution in schools. I do remember there being something about them editing textbooks or something of that nature.
    Last edited by Loneshot; 11-30-2012 at 03:44 PM.

if I where to relocate to murrica it would be a tossup between arizona and tejas

National High School Star

Yeah, typos never occur on the internet.

I told myself i'd never move to any state that that consistently votes republican.
    Austin, H town, SA, and Dallas voted for Obama. Austin is probably the most lib city in the US.