Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rockets about to ruin everyone's plans

The Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets will get the first opportunities to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge shortly after the free-agency period officially begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Wednesday.
    Harden. Aldridge. Dwight.

GTFO

College star

Default Re: Rockets about to ruin everyone's plans

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Harden. Aldridge. Dwight.

GTFO
    LA gets the first chance

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

The Rockets have to find takers and move players pretty significantly for them to be a realistic option. Unless LMA takes a deal like Dirk/Duncan did last year/year before last.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

How do the Rockets have cap space for LMA?

Don't Dwight, Harden and Ariza take up like almost $50 million?

Good college starter

This is most likely LMA last big contract so he's not looking to take a paycut. Rockets will have to maneuver every asset that they have not named Howard and Harden to get it done. I think LMA will listen but his interest is low. There's just too many variables involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin

The Rockets can make the moves to create cap space. I don't really feel like gutting our team so I really hope LMA doesn't come here but if he does I'll be happy. The only significant contact that would be more difficult to move is Ariza but I am sure we can find a taker for him. The rest of the team is on non guaranteed deals, partial guarantees or rookie deals so shouldn't be too difficult to maneuver if they convince LMA to come.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin

with Cap Holds rockets are 8 million over, without about 6 million under... they'd have to get hyper creative to get in the LMA bidding

Dwight would not be happy if LMA comes to the Rockets. His spotlight would be stolen and he'll be forced down to being a 3rd option.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    The Rockets can make the moves to create cap space. I don't really feel like gutting our team so I really hope LMA doesn't come here but if he does I'll be happy. The only significant contact that would be more difficult to move is Ariza but I am sure we can find a taker for him. The rest of the team is on non guaranteed deals, partial guarantees or rookie deals so shouldn't be too difficult to maneuver if they convince LMA to come.
    I don't think LA is all that amazing, especially given what we would have to part with to make room for him.

Just thought it's funny Morey is going to swoop in minutes after the FA period begins.

On the other hand, I doubt he's going to see him for the fun of it. There's no doubt in my mind that if LA wanted to come to Houston, Morey would make room, and probably trade rape every GM in the process. He's got a habit of doing that.

NBA Legend

I dont see that ending well.

Either Coward or LMA will not end up getting the touches they want and the situation will sour. Combine that with Tarden's awful leadership and this team will be a chemistry disaster. Jason Terry won't be around to lead their asses forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I dont see that ending well.

Either Coward or LMA will not end up getting the touches they want and the situation will sour. Combine that with Tarden's awful leadership and this team will be a chemistry disaster. Jason Terry won't be around to lead their asses forever.
    They were supposed to be a disaster last season too. They were a disaster when they let Parsons walk, then when they signed Ariza. They were a disaster when they signed Smith.

But then, they made the WCF without two starters.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    This is most likely LMA last big contract so he's not looking to take a paycut. Rockets will have to maneuver every asset that they have not named Howard and Harden to get it done. I think LMA will listen but his interest is low. There's just too many variables involved.
    Dump Ariza and Jones and you should be able to get it done. You shouldn't even have to give anything up to get someone to take that combo

super teams are gay as ****

Banned

We can muster up $16,000,000 in a S&T if we were to trade Ariza, K-Pap, T-Jones, and Capela. If he wants $2,000,000 more we'll throw in Prigioni.

So yeah, we can get Lamarcus Aldridge.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

losing Arizia on the wing would really hurt this team.

obviously LMA is a better and more valuable player, but damn...that perimeter defense would be weak.