Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation RUMOR: Cavs reportedly adding Derozan and Dunleavy to improve their bench

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....es_has_in.html

http://factoryofsadness.co/2015/06/2...015-nba-draft/

Great pickups to help their weak bench (as evident by the Finals).

The Spurs and Warriors will still be more talented, but this is a step in the right direction

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Default Re: RUMOR: Cavs reportedly adding Derozan and Dunleavy to improve their bench

One step closer to 2/7

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: RUMOR: Cavs reportedly adding Derozan and Dunleavy to improve their bench

Seems ... impossible.

One of the things being discussed amongst Cavs fans is Mills/Splitter for that Haywood contract as the Spurs are looking to unload salary. Mills would be a very nice piece coming off the bench.

I'm not sure if Splitter would be used in some other deal or if the Cavs could actually find minutes for another big with Love/Tristan/Mozgov/Varejao all on the roster next year ... but hey, you can never have enough good players.

NBA Legend

Haters literally pissing diapers

It's a longshot that Dunleavy leaves Chicago. If he does, I'd love to have him in the role James Jones played this past year. As for Derozan, I fail to see how that happens.

High School Starter

Le needs the eastern conference all star team

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Seems ... impossible.

One of the things being discussed amongst Cavs fans is Mills/Splitter for that Haywood contract as the Spurs are looking to unload salary. Mills would be a very nice piece coming off the bench.

I'm not sure if Splitter would be used in some other deal or if the Cavs could actually find minutes for another big with Love/Tristan/Mozgov/Varejao all on the roster next year ... but hey, you can never have enough good players.
    Injury insurance for Andy V, perhaps (he always seems to be)?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Injury insurance for Andy V, perhaps (he always seems to be)?
    Yeah, like I said, you can never have enough good players and I've always admired Splitter's versatility from afar. Basketball is heading into a more positionless era by the year anyway, so the fact that we would have so many bigs isn't necessarily a problem. As long as they each bring something a little different to the table, they can help.

The only thing that makes me uneasy about those rumors is that I'd hate to help San Antonio sign LMA, but hey... if it is going to happen, might as well get something out of it. The Celtics got Zeller off of us last year in a similar situation when we were clearing space for LeBron and he had a really nice season.

This Derozan thing is ridiculous, though, if I do say so myself. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but it ain't happening.

The Derozan rumors seem especially unreasonable to me. The Raptors are gonna want more than a salary dump for a 25 year old 20ppg scorer even if he did have something of a down year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

lebron needs more help

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    The Derozan rumors seem especially unreasonable to me. The Raptors are gonna want more than a salary dump for a 25 year old 20ppg scorer even if he did have something of a down year.
    Right?

I can almost see the Avery Bradley stuff since the Celtics have a bunch of redundant players, but Derozan for an expiring contract?

Just... really?

I don't see DeMar coming off the bench and if he wants that big deal, he's starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I don't see DeMar coming off the bench and if he wants that big deal, he's starting.
    He'd basically be taking JR Smith's role off the bench. No way I'd put a high usage guy like that with a starting lineup that already includes Kyrie, LeBron and Love.

No aspect of that move makes any sense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    Le needs the eastern conference all star team

1 all star starter and 1 all star reserve = the East all star team?

Cavs had/have 2 of last years east all stars

The Hawks have 4 all-stars for a point of reference

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He'd basically be taking JR Smith's role off the bench. No way I'd put a high usage guy like that with a starting lineup that already includes Kyrie, LeBron and Love.

No aspect of that move makes any sense.
    Yeah, DeMar's game wouldn't really fit with LeBron leading the way. He needs 3 point shooters and off ball guys I the starting lineup.

I think DeMar is staying where he is for the moment.