Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #1201
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Well, they just found out that Rick was withholding info that they were all infected, that Rick killed Shane, someone who went around talking about how Rick couldn't keep people safe, and they just lost the farm, the place they felt safe and secure at. I can see how losing that place of security and then feeling awfully vulnerable in their current position while Rick wanting to stay in that vulnerable spot would cause some people to question him.
He gave them the opportunity to leave. None of them did. They all want to bad mouth him, but when it comes to surviving on their own, none of them want to leave the group.

Rick is the only one willing to lead the group, no one else want's that responsibility. The only other person who did want it, wanted it for the wrong reasons.

I completely understand Rick's attitude, "If you want to be in this group, you do as I say." If they die, it's because of him. So he's got to do his best to make sure others stay alive.

Quote:
On the Talking Dead, they said she was mad at herself. Otherwise, I'd say Rick should chop off her arms and throw a chain on her.
I got the sense that she was realising that she caused this. She realised that what she said to Shane earlier that day, lead to Shane's death.

She's still a bitch though and awful, awful character.

Quote:
I'd feel the same way. Keeping secrets can get people killed. What if you were with someone who died and then you got injured/killed because you didn't know that person was going to turn into a zombie? It's kind of like Hershel not telling them about the walkers in the barn. It could lead to a dangerous situation all because somebody wants to withhold info.
The only instance I can see where that would have been problem, was when the younger sister was talking about killing herself.

But yeah, I can see the problem with that.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #1202
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
To be honest... I think Rick is out of his mind now... He looks like he's lost... The way he talks is different... Like he really truly believes that he is the leader.. I mean he is, but he's rubbing it on peoples faces.

I agree. It seems like Rick has disjointed not unlike the way Shane did after killing Otis. It should lead to a cool dynamic within the group. And they hinted at it already, with some characters already whispering about heading in another direction. And others, notably Daryll, openly backing Rick to Sophia's mother, and Herschel too. It could lead to another divide within the group, which is part of what makes this work.

I found it odd that they ran that extended opening showing the Zombie Horde coming all the way from Atlanta following the Helicopter. I'm not sure if they were making a point about their relentessness, or it was a way to sort of blame the group for the farm being overrun in a way that will eventually play out again.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #1203
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I agree. It seems like Rick has disjointed not unlike the way Shane did after killing Otis. It should lead to a cool dynamic within the group. And they hinted at it already, with some characters already whispering about heading in another direction. And others, notably Daryll, openly backing Rick to Sophia's mother, and Herschel too. It could lead to another divide within the group, which is part of what makes this work.

I found it odd that they ran that extended opening showing the Zombie Horde coming all the way from Atlanta following the Helicopter. I'm not sure if they were making a point about their relentessness, or it was a way to sort of blame the group for the farm being overrun in a way that will eventually play out again.

The helicopter is supposed to symbolize something. In S1 Rick saw the helicopter when he got to Atlanta.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #1204
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
The helicopter is supposed to symbolize something. In S1 Rick saw the helicopter when he got to Atlanta.

I think I know some mild spoiler related content regarding the helicopter, I'll put it in white, but it's really not that big a deal:

Apparently a helicopter crashes that Rick's group goes out to scavenge, where they run into The Governor's scavenging party, and that's their first real contact. I'm guessing that's the reason for the helicopter. But my reading has not divulged what's actually on the helicopter at this point.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #1205
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I agree that the season closed extremely strongly.

Lori really is an awfull character. There seemed to be no recognition to the fact that she actually told him to kill Shane just a few days ago. And I know her anger is related mostly due to him not telling them about being infected, but his explanation of not being sure until he saw Shane turn was perfectly reasonable, and then he never bothered to use that explanation to the group as a whole.

But the last couple episodes looked great. I felt like the overrunning of the farm was a good payoff. Sure it shouldn't have taken that long, but I have a feeling it will view better in the long view because it felt longer than it really was with the break in the season and all.

They left it with a nice cliffhanger. The introduction to Michone, and the looming prison fortress. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get more of an intro to Randall's group, and the governor in particular. Now when they do get introduced it'll require some kind of callback that could've been avoided, but overall I felt it was pretty well handled.
naaa, she was supportive of rick until he told her that he killed shane.

next season is going to get real interesting for darryl

Quote:
While speaking at the Lollipop Chainsaw panel at Wonder-Con, Michael Rooker confirmed that he will be back as Merle Dixon in season three, and that he has in fact lost twenty pounds for the role.

Last edited by rezznor : 03-19-2012 at 01:32 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #1206
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

^^ aw shit, Merle's back? T-Dog gonna be like "come on man, this mofo again???"
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #1207
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

the only possible explanation I can think of for why Lori would act like such a bitch towards Rick because he killed Shane (despite her egging him into doing it a couple days earleir) is that she had in fact developed strong feelings for Shane and was in denial.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1208
dunksby
NBA Legend

I'm glad this season is over, the most disappointing second season in history. I can now just forget about the show till late summer without having to suffer through anticipation.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #1209
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
He gave them the opportunity to leave. None of them did. They all want to bad mouth him, but when it comes to surviving on their own, none of them want to leave the group.

Rick is the only one willing to lead the group, no one else want's that responsibility. The only other person who did want it, wanted it for the wrong reasons.

I completely understand Rick's attitude, "If you want to be in this group, you do as I say." If they die, it's because of him. So he's got to do his best to make sure others stay alive.

I'm not saying I agree with the group, just that I can see why they would question him. The shit hit the fan, people are panicking and people don't exactly think rationally in such situations. Sometimes they look for someone to blame and Rick as the leader was the easy target. I like the turn for Rick. He finally stepped up and cemented his position as the leader. I liked Rick's speech, 'send me a postcard' and all that.

Quote:
She's still a bitch though and awful, awful character.

I agree, but unfortunately I think she'll be one of the characters that survives the whole time.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #1210
NoGunzJustSkillz

'The Walking Dead': Michonne to Appear in Playboy

Quote:
March 19, 2012 06:20 AM EDT
The Walking Dead TV series left fans with a lot to daydream about until next season with the prison and Michonne both making an appearance. However, fans of the comics and the AMC show have a little something special to tide them over as the katana-wielding zombie slayer makes an appearance in next month's issue of Playboy.

But sorry, guys - that doesn't mean that Treme's Danai Gurira is going to strip down for the men's magazine. It was announced on Talking Dead that the relatively unknown actress has been cast as the mysterious hooded figure that saves Andrea from a zombie by attacking it with a sword, but of course Danai Gurira isn't going to ruin the street cred of a kick-ass female character like Michonne by taking her clothes off for a magazine that exploits women.

Instead, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman created a six-page origin story for one of the most beloved characters of the comic book. Be forewarned that some major spoilers lie ahead.

The mini-comic appears in the April issue of Playboy currently on newsstands, and it follows Michonne as she goes from being an attorney to a sword-swinging survivor. At the end of the comic it's revealed that she's actually telling her story to those two chained zombies she drags behind her, and it can only be hoped that the TV series also revisits her past to show their origins - she de-armed and de-jawed her zombified boyfriend and his best friend to use as a deterrent to the undead.

In the comics she's one of the most badass characters, and she survives being sexually assaulted and tortured by the Governor. So some female comic book fans might not be too happy about her story being published in a magazine that essentially uses women for men's pleasure.

In The Walking Dead comics, Michonne gets involved with Tyreese, who hasn't made an appearance on the TV show yet. So here's an idea - maybe she and Daryl (Norman Reedus) should get romantically involved. This would lead Carol (Melissa McBride) on the path to the crazy breakdown she has in the comics, and of course Daryl's racist brother Merle (Michael Rooker) would not be happy about the relationship. It's been revealed that Merle isn't the Governor, but who's to say that he hasn't become his one-handed right hand man?

So how do you hope that the story of Michonne's character will deviate from the comics, and will you buy the latest issue of Playboy to see her origin story?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #1211
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

Didn't that olive oil bitch tell Rick to take care of Shane? Now she flips out when he killed him? These bitches crazy man. I don't blame Rick for losing his mind. I would too if that was my wife.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #1212
dunksby
NBA Legend

Sometimes even the writers forget it's a Zombie Apocalypse.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #1213
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Dudes, she didn't flip out because Rick killed him, but because Carl used a gun (just so happen to be Shane the one he had to pull a trigger on). I think she is just scared that her little boy is going to get sucked into the world the adults are in, which is having little hope and killing zombies like its a video game. No parent would want that for their child. Though i still hate her character.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #1214
DaHeezy
NBA lottery pick

How do you guys think Andrea is going to react to Rick killing Shane? Technically she hasn't found out yet. Her hooking up with this Michonne chick looks like the final piece in the transformation to this ultra badass. I see a showdown coming on.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #1215
Godzuki
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
the only possible explanation I can think of for why Lori would act like such a bitch towards Rick because he killed Shane (despite her egging him into doing it a couple days earleir) is that she had in fact developed strong feelings for Shane and was in denial.

its more the inconsistencies within the show, where its acted out in contradictory behavior. You can't really talk in the context of how stuff does and doesn't make sense, these writers don't hold themselves to that degree of detail.

Lori did sort of make peace with Shane, but its just dumb how she got mad at Rick when he told her how Shane killed Randal and then tried to set him up. All she worries about are her kid and Rick, and its funny how she got mad at him...maybe she tuned out the part about Shane setting him up or the writers made her ignore it despite her being a self centered worry wart Lori is a bad actor btw....

i can't wait until this show gets backlash for how awful S2 has been, and the sad thing is they kept hyping it like the show was on the verge of turning around after each episode, and especially after the 1st half of S2, they acted like things were going to get much better and it still sucked all the way to the finale where finally something happens....reminds me of the last episode of zombies in the barn(remember how much speculation there was based on that? :...and where did it go? answer that apologists!) that climaxed the 2nd of the 1st half of S2.

Show is so built on teasing without delivering...and its funny to read the above interview of how Mazarra was surprised to hear negative feedback of S2 and how he thought it was all good

all i know is HBO/Showtime need to do Zombie Apocalypse quick...i don't think they could turn that genre any worse than Walking Dead has gone after S1....

Last edited by Godzuki : 03-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: