Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow 2014-2015 Observation Deck

It's almost preseason y'all. Thought I'd start this back up.

kNickz, congrats on the chip last year. That's the last time I'll say it

who's looking good? who's looking like a contender? Who's going to have the biggest drop off?

Default Re: 2014-2015 Observation Deck

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Burgz V2 again.

Hard to tell who is a contender right now. I'll have to see how the frosh pan out. Tyus-Okafor at Duke could be a problem in March. Biggest drop off OSU
    Last edited by kNicKz; 09-30-2014 at 06:45 PM.

UK has to be the favorites. The argument against the UK one and done approach is that all you had was one season. It's a one time thing and you have to get chemistry down, hope all of your top recruits are truly instant impact, depth is usually going to be an issue, and what not.

Well their one and done backcourt is now two and done, they have NBA players like Poythress and WCS as upperclassman, and they still have the Karl Towns of the world headlining their freshman class. Their post rotation is 5 deep of probable first round picks.

Then I would have Arizona. I prefer Arizona's starting 5 over any in the country, assuming Johnson is the real deal and Ashley doesn't have a setback from his injury. Another team with upperclassmen NBA players and good amount of depth. Although I would be a bit worried about their shooting. Not sure how good of a perimeter shooter Johnson is, but I know McConnell is average and Hollis-Jefferson isn't a good one.

I think it's UK and Arizona on top with a little separation over the rest of the country going into the season.

CSUN will win the Big West!!!

Also, UCLA will upset UoA and win the Pac-12. Kevin Looney is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Burgz V2 again.

Hard to tell who is a contender right now. I'll have to see how the frosh pan out. Tyus-Okafor at Duke could be a problem in March. Biggest drop off OSU
    I can't rep anyone who posts in this forum, apparently you folk are the only ones I give green out to.

I'll be pulling for my Spartans again, but I'm really interested in how Coach K uses Okafor, and I really think the Oubre/Mykhailiuk combination works for KU.

IGotACoolStory I agree, UK will start off as one of the preseason favourites. But I think they will lose a road game or two in the preseason and people will stop talking about them. IMO that's the best situation for them, it's worked in the past for them.

Qrich, I don't know anything about Looney but in the old thread I think beer and you wouldnt stop talking about him. I'll watch out for him.

Looney has real talent, and think he the "it" factor as well. Sucks that Jonah Bolden is ineligible though, but Looney/Welsh up front, with improvements from Parker can hold it down for us up front, I'll be fairly confident in winning the conference and making the Elite 8.

michigan looks a little underrated, i havent seen them in any preseason top 25s, that backcourt should be really good.

can you post a bigger pic?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Yeah nobody cares but me but whatever, Purdue's going to play 7'2 true frosh Isaac Haas at the 5 with 7' (think that's generous, but he's definitely big) at the 4 at times and play a zone when that happens.

Guys that follow the Big Ten know Purdue playing a zone is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Yeah nobody cares but me but whatever, Purdue's going to play 7'2 true frosh Isaac Haas at the 5 with 7' (think that's generous, but he's definitely big) at the 4 at times and play a zone when that happens.

Guys that follow the Big Ten know Purdue playing a zone is wild.
    MSU fan. Follow Big 10 ball religiously. So Hammons is at the 4 this year? That is a big front line. Don't know if I would want him on the outside of the zone though, unless they play a 3-2. Still gonna be tough during conference play, most teams press the shit out of the ball and create a ton of turnovers, not sure if they can get away with not doing the same.

Isaiah Whitehead will have a great season and Seton Hall could not only make it back to the dance but win some games in March. He won't have the best season out of all top freshman recruits but he has that look and feel that makes you feel like he'll be an nba star not too far down the road.

Can't wait, CSUN's women will definitely be dancing in March, hoping the men's team does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Can't wait, CSUN's women will definitely be dancing in March, hoping the men's team does the same.
    With the way the current selection process works, that'll be tough unless they win the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCell
    With the way the current selection process works, that'll be tough unless they win the conference.
    Which is what I'm thinking they should do. NIT is the least of my expectations. Okay, fine, maybe a CBI "title". Returning Hicks, Maxwell, THE & Parks, with Elliot (Nevada) & Johnson (Seton Hall) being eligible, we have some experience to go with the youth of Webb, Warren, Willbut, Dawson, etc. The OoC is pretty solidly set up as well for Reggie (@ SDSU, @ UoA, @ Louisville, @ Oregon, @ Pepperdine) is five road games that should get us ready for conference play, and, ultimately, the tournament, which we were one play from winning.

Also, Long Beach State should be up for an at-large if they fair well during OoC. @ BYU, @ Xavier, vs Kansas State, @ UCLA, vs Nevada, @ San Diego State, @ Texas, @ St John's, @ Louisville, @ Syracuse. Has to be the toughest OoC schedule in the nation.
    Last edited by qrich; 10-27-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Look for Georgia State to be Cinderella this season. RJ Hunter, Ryan Harrow and Kevin Ware are going to be hard to stop.