Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: NBA's Newest Arena Unveiled

I personally like it alot. The place is going to be great they dont shell out that type of money for a sub par arena. Prokhorov(sp), is trying to turn this franchise around and i commend him for that. Cant wait to catch a game at the expense of my wallet

It kinda feels cramped up, I dunno maybe it's a small arena but it looks like a theatre turned into a basketball arena. I like the exterior soccerish design though.

#HEATNATION

the arena looks unique and different. looks good. only people saying otherwise are Knick fans. of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    the arena looks unique and different. looks good. only people saying otherwise are Knick fans. of course.
    It has nothing to do with me being a Knick fan. I hate the Celtics more than I hate the Nets but I still find their arena great. I can't say that about Barclays Center. Ugly as hell.

I don't like the exterior design either. When I walked by the terminal while it was still in construction I thought the rusted look was only temporary, but nope. The weathering steel benefits seem exaggerated as well as it has its downsides. Believe me, it really is ugly as it seems. Usually I'd try to be biased and say that it looks better in person, but nooooope. Maybe it'll be decent when it opens at night with all the lighting inside. The concept picture actually looks really nice.

But for those who are hating on the interior design such as the court itself, wthell? What did you expect it to look like?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysunny
    I don't like the exterior design either. When I walked by the terminal while it was still in construction I thought the rusted look was only temporary, but nope. The weathering steel benefits seem exaggerated as well as it has its downsides. Believe me, it really is ugly as it seems. Usually I'd try to be biased and say that it looks better in person, but nooooope. Maybe it'll be decent when it opens at night with all the lighting inside. The concept picture actually looks really nice.

But for those who are hating on the interior design such as the court itself, wthell? What did you expect it to look like?
    Maybe it will look better in an actual game. Preseason will start soon so we'll see how it looks like on TV.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Looks fine. Should say Nets in the middle instead of that ugly ass B.

The outside is ugly, it looks (on purpose) like it's old and rusted. People telling me it looks good are full of shit, do you walk around and see old rusted cars and think DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD. SOmetimes trends baffle me, and the "let's make it rusted before it actually happens so that we are ahead of the curve" is one of them. And i've actually seen it many times, not just in photos.

Everything i've heard about the inside is that its fantastic though. And that's from people who have been given tours of the place.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I love the court!

Reminds me of the Celtics from back in the day

It looks ugly and plain, but not overwhelming on the eyes(like some arenas/stadiums can be) so the plainness might be a blessing in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    18,103 is seating capacity according to Wikipedia. That's 4th smallest in the NBA (only Hornets,Kings and Rockets have smaller arena). The biggest NBA arena is The Palace in Detroit with just over 22000 seats.
    Thats by design.

They way when they only get 14K in there to see the Nyets, they can claim they get 75% attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Thats by design.

They way when they only get 14K in there to see the Nyets, they can claim they get 75% attendance.
    i'm kind of curious because i get this vibe from people they like the shirts, think its cool there is a team in Brooklyn, have no desire to become bigger basketball fans or actually go. The Knick fans i know talk more about going (to see the Knicks or a low cost alternative to see the Lakers or Heat live).

i think the black colors make it seem like a college atmosphere. just my opinion

im not calling it ugly though. wouldnt mind going to a game. who's in?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    It kinda feels cramped up, I dunno maybe it's a small arena but it looks like a theatre turned into a basketball arena. I like the exterior soccerish design though.
    Isn't that a good thing as a fan going there...you get to be closer to the court and have a better view.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    i think the black colors make it seem like a college atmosphere. just my opinion

im not calling it ugly though. wouldnt mind going to a game. who's in?
    Me and all my Knick fans i know are going opening night. Even it we have to scalp its still cheaper. MSG East. Going to be fun to ruin their opener.