Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Best Conditioned Athlete in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    name me some professional track stars from the Olympics that are above 220 pounds. you know, the sport that is all about endurance and stamina and condition?

no way lebron is lasting longer in stanima and endurance than smaller players in the nba.
    Do you know anything about human body.This is one of the most ignorant posts i have seen in a while.BTW we are talking about nba players.

Just to hate this guy wow.

How old r u

I think Kobe is the best athlete in terms of condition. Not that Lebron is bad but Kobe has average a lot of minutes for 16 years!

name me some professional track stars from the Olympics that are above 220 pounds. you know, the sport that is all about endurance and stamina and condition?

no way lebron is lasting longer in stanima and endurance than smaller players in the nba.
    Lebron is playing more minutes than everybody since he entered the league.He is taking the most beating because of his size we rarely notice.He probably jumps higher than anybody except green.He is probably the fastest player at sf in history.He is literally indestructible.Especially in playoffs he guards the best player almost plays the whole game and his energy level at the end of the games is amazing.Including most nba player agree he is the best athlete in nba.Probably the most athletic guy to ever play in modern era.He is doing all these while playing more than anybody on the floor.His offensive production and defensive effort is unheard of in modern era since MJ.Sorry but gtfo

Banned

future best conditioned already making waves-westbrook
    currant-james
    longevity-bryant or ray allen

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I think Kobe is the best athlete in terms of condition. Not that Lebron is bad but Kobe has average a lot of minutes for 16 years!
    Kobe has injured himself to many times to be even considered best conditioned.There is a reason guys like lebron howard and westbrook doesnt get injured.I dont think many of you knows what best conditioned means in this context

Banned

LBJ and D12 makes everyone look like a fatty.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Lebron is playing more minutes than everybody since he entered the league.He is taking the most beating because of his size we rarely notice.He probably jumps higher than anybody except green.He is probably the fastest player at sf in history.He is literally indestructible.Especially in playoffs he guards the best player almost plays the whole game and his energy level at the end of the games is amazing.Including most nba player agree he is the best athlete in nba.Probably the most athletic guy to ever play in modern era.He is doing all these while playing more than anybody on the floor.His offensive production and defensive effort is unheard of in modern era since MJ.Sorry but gtfo
    what does that have to do with anything with the ops question
    Out of all the players, who do you think is the best conditioned as far as stamina, durability, ect...?
    yes lebron is the most athletic due to his size and his strength and descent basketball skills. But that doesnt mean hes the most conditioned for basketball. No one that understands the basic concept of conditioning for a sport will tell you that lebron at 240 pounds is in more conditioned than players like westbrook and rose at 180 pounds. Theres a reason why marathon runners and sprinters are skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Kobe has injured himself to many times to be even considered best conditioned.There is a reason guys like lebron howard and westbrook doesnt get injured.I dont think many of you knows what best conditioned means in this context
    So that's why the top spot is Fisher. NOBODY is has conditioned as Fisher. NOBODY. He didn't miss ONE game in like 10 Years. He has the most consecutive games as a starter out of anyone in the NBA (all-time). Can't compete against that kind of conditioning.

Here proof. Look at his body. Dat conditioning.

He was 35 yo in that pic.
    Last edited by Punpun; 03-22-2012 at 10:44 AM.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

pro boxers....are among the best conditioned athletes in sports....

heavyweights are sometimes over 220

I also think you might find some decathletes who are above 200 and maybe 220 pounds and the decathlon is usually considered the measure of the BEST overall athletes in the world

amateur wrestlers have weight class above 220 I think...those guys are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world also

pippen and david robinson played above 220 and they were some of the most finely tuned athletes of any sports ever.....lebron is in their class.

And yet in the NBA, Derek is in a class of his own. Pay respect where it's due.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

yes lebron is the most athletic due to his size and his strength and descent basketball skills. But that doesnt mean hes the most conditioned for basketball. No one that understands the basic concept of conditioning for a sport will tell you that lebron at 240 pounds is in more conditioned than players like westbrook and rose at 180 pounds. Theres a reason why marathon runners and sprinters are skinny.
    Sprinters are built like tanks... and why are you comparing basketball players to marathon runners.

Best conditioned is specific to your sport, and what makes you effective in it... you saying a weightlifter with a marathon runners physique would be the best conditioned for that sport.

Lebron has the best mix of durablity and athletic ability in the NBA.

That's not akin to best conditioning tho. Lebron is up ther eal l right. Tho Derek FIsher is so above everyone it's not even funny.

5-time NBA All-Star

Wilt Chamberlain used to do 50 mile marathons when he was 50 years old and he was like 300 lbs. at the time.

I am gonna go with westbrook or dwight. i put those two on top not only because they are amazing athletes, but also because neither of them have ever missed a game due to an injury. lebron and derrick rose are very close to dwight and westbrook, but since they are slightly more injury prone im going to use that to separate them on to a lower tier (and its only just barely below)