Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has not been impressing people
Default Long, Lean Body Type

I have the "lanky" type body love using it in the game spesh driving to the lane and shooting jumpers but whats some good exercises to help me gain more power, speed and explosiveness like Kevin Durant without putting on too much weight(i struggle to put it on anyway)

Marv_Albert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Long, Lean Body Type

Plyometrics training.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

You might wanna look out there for advice man. I subscribe to lots of training gurus out there just to compare knowledge and see what works for me. Alex Maroko and Taylor Allan's stuff helped me the most. Just try Googling their names and reading their blogs/articles. Their stuff's pretty good.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #4
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

6'1 with a 6'7 wingspan...I feel your pain. Work on your quads and calves. Just get your lower body strong. Squats, calf raises, and lots of stretching to keep you loose. This is what I did and it really helped me get stronger and better in the paint. Work on your footwork. It's fun backing down dudes who outweigh you by 30-50 pounds and using your length to shoot hooks an fadeaways over them.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
rush
I airball my layups

rush has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
6'1 with a 6'7 wingspan...I feel your pain. Work on your quads and calves. Just get your lower body strong. Squats, calf raises, and lots of stretching to keep you loose. This is what I did and it really helped me get stronger and better in the paint. Work on your footwork. It's fun backing down dudes who outweigh you by 30-50 pounds and using your length to shoot hooks an fadeaways over them.

Agreed. Lifting weights, especially squats will do wonders.

I injured my knee a year ago, so I haven't been able to do squats, and it has killed my vertical and explosiveness. My knee is getting better, but I'm still a few months away from returning to the gym. Cannot wait.
rush is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: