Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Jesus.... why do you hate him?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    So we're still on the elementary and shallow-minded Christianity to Mythology comparison are we? Apples and oranges, at best. Instead of investing so much time, attention and interest in discrediting Christians and the Christian faith, perhaps it would benefit you more if you spent as much etc. attempting to answer these simple questions:

Yes, apples and oranges... if fruit was imaginary.

A) How did you get here?
    A biological process which started with bumpin n grindin and ended with an umbilical cord being cut. Unless someone prayed for it and I just magically popped out of thin air fully formed. It's a miracle, praise him!

B) Why are you here?
    To keeps it real, nah mean?

C) Where are you going once this life is said and done?
    Either in the ground 6 feet under to have my flesh and organs devoured by worms or have my ashes spread around ceremoniously at the local tiddy bar.

... instead of just doing the trendy / cool / thinking you're some mental elitists ish and not really having much of a legit basis to answer those questions.
    Answers in bold.

I'm not about to argue over the existence of Jesus...

I just want to know one thing:

Why can't Riddler ever make a post that doesn't include a link to another site and/or YouTube video?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I'm not about to argue over the existence of Jesus...

I just want to know one thing:

Why can't Riddler ever make a post that doesn't include a link to another site and/or YouTube video?
    More importantly does he every say, 'Riddle me this, Riddle me that'?

rank sentamentalist

Yes, apples and oranges... if fruit was imaginary.

"What TV show are you going to watch after you break your TV?"

great stuff lol

When you young bucks get a little older, experience life a little more, maybe you'll grow more into an agnostic, then again maybe not.

If you can venture into the agnostic realm, then there's no reason to not entertain the possibility there really is a magic man in the sky watching over us. Yes, a creator, designer, someone or something that is beyond just ourselves.

The magic gases BIG BOOM BAM!

Fast forward and now here we are. Believe in that, takes faith. Your faith. Faith we arrived and created ourselves and everything around us, from absolutely nothing. No purpose, no agenda, nothing. It just happened.

There can't be no magic man in the sky... that just silly. Fairy tale land. Make believe stuff. We'll just pretend there's no real God out there, and we're just here. Why, well um, don't know. We're still looking though! One day, we'll figure it all out. Yeah, sure thing, blud.

We should just humble ourselves, and come to the realization that yes there is a designer to all this, not us. It's about Him, not us, Him. Always and forever.

You damn right it is.

verylegit
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

When you young bucks get a little older, experience life a little more, maybe you'll grow more into an agnostic, then again maybe not.

If you can venture into the agnostic realm, then there's no reason to not entertain the possibility there really is a magic man in the sky watching over us. Yes, a creator, designer, someone or something that is beyond just ourselves.

Fast forward and now here we are. Believe in that, takes faith. Your faith. Faith we arrived and created ourselves and everything around us, from absolutely nothing. No purpose, no agenda, nothing. It just happened.

There can't be no magic man in the sky... that just silly. Fairy tale land. Make believe stuff. We'll just pretend there's no real God out there, and we're just here. Why, well um, don't know. We're still looking though! One day, we'll figure it all out. Yeah, sure thing, blud.

We should just humble ourselves, and come to the realization that yes there is a designer to all this, not us. It's about Him, not us, Him. Always and forever.

You damn right it is.
    do you attend church regularly? serious question. i do. christian.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

it doesn't even matter if Jesus was a real human or imaginary...the impact he made is very real...the reality of his existance is pretty much meangless to all of us...we would still be doing and saying the same things either way

(this is not the same as Aquaman Don)

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Maybe because jesus is an easier target? Fundamentalist muslims will kill you if you drew their prophet.

I dont see how jesus can be hated though. Remove the 'i am the lord, worship me' part and his messages were good in a philosophical stand point. As for the historicity of jesus, well that is kind of beside the point is it? like the poster above me said, 'his impact is very real'. And that's all there is to it. It's pointless to discredit his existence, unless a concrete evidence to suggest his non-existence is found that is.

If im not mistaken siddharta gautama's existence and influence on this earth spread through oral tradition much like how jesus existence and message survived at first. The only difference between the two is jesus claimed divinity and offered salvation in exchange for worship, the buddha simply spread his philosophy and what he thinks the ultimate truth is. Some people have a problem with the former because his claim needs to be justified with proof if not, just evidence; since billions of his believers are content with his words alone plus some previous prophecies. Non believers's curiosity and reason are not content with the mere words of the bible; or any corresponding correlation it may have with the observable reality since it offers little to no explanation on how it got the conclusion.

I havent met anyone who hated jesus. I guess if anyone hated him, it's not because of his message but because he claimed to be god and billions of people living and dead believed him to be one. And it probably upsets them to a degree that turned into anger and hate. I suggest these people to transfer their hate to abraham or whoever wrote of him since it all started with him... right?

   

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    I've seen more hate on Jesus than Muhammad... why is that?
    both of them were a couple of mediocre gurus living in a primitive time who happened to be in the right time and place to be worshipped and turned into institutions.

i guarantee you this- neither of them had the slightest clue how complicated civilisation would later become or how much dumbassery and butchery would be enacted in their names.

today in 2011, the best possible way to look for the most ignorant people in the world... who don't have a clue about how reality actually works... is to look for those who worship jesus, hitler and mohammed.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    living in a primitive time
    Primitive? LOL these people had long been civilized my friend. Fall asleep during your anthropology class?

   

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Primitive? LOL these people had long been civilized my friend. Fall asleep during your anthropology class?
    to be honest, patrick chewing, my comment was written for the majority of people to understand, not anthropology majors. i would have assumed others such as yourself in a potential 'in-between' area would have grasped that idea, but i guess not. oh well.

and btw, NO... recorded civilisation did NOT exist much earlier than yshua ben yosef's time. maybe 3-4 thousand years at best. and that's out of 50K - 200K of modern man's existence of earth (depending on criteria).

so... anything else you want me to clear up for you, chewing?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

to be honest, patrick chewing, my comment was written for the majority of people to understand, not anthropology majors. i would have assumed others such as yourself in a potential 'in-between' area would have grasped that idea, but i guess not. oh well.

and btw, NO... recorded civilisation did NOT exist much earlier than yshua ben yosef's time. maybe 3-4 thousand years at best. and that's out of 50K - 200K of modern man's existence of earth (depending on criteria).

so... anything else you want me to clear up for you, chewing?
    No, your comment was just to throw your misguided opinion around and pass it off as fact, just to piss people off. There is nothing to understand because you are not teaching us or informing of us of anything. Keep trying, sport.

You damn right it is.
    while this post is magnificent and unique, I sorta agree with you

religion causes too many problems, there's TOO many religions

is there a creator? Probably, I just don't know how we got here and I don't think anybody really does, maybe there is a superior being out there, maybe not

   

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    No, your comment was just to throw your misguided opinion around and pass it off as fact, just to piss people off. There is nothing to understand because you are not teaching us or informing of us of anything. Keep trying, sport.
    ooh... i'm terribly sorry, patrick chewing. people should think exactly as you do and talk exactly as you do and before you know it, this will be a perfect world filled with perfect people.

how TERRIBLE of me to mention easily fact-checked information that might be contrary to your limited view of reality. life is so unfair, eh?

both of them were a couple of mediocre gurus living in a primitive time who happened to be in the right time and place to be worshipped and turned into institutions.

i guarantee you this- neither of them had the slightest clue how complicated civilisation would later become or how much dumbassery and butchery would be enacted in their names.

today in 2011, the best possible way to look for the most ignorant people in the world... who don't have a clue about how reality actually works... is to look for those who worship jesus, hitler and mohammed.
    Really? So, by me believing Christ and all he represents is the passage way to personal salvation, that groups me into a category of those who are 'ignorant' in the world today? I have no clue about how reality actually works?

I suppose you have all the answers, no? Belief in something greater or more purposeful than us just simply being here for no apparant reason makes one ignorant.

Today, here in 2011, how can you look into another's eye, and see beyond their outward appearance, getting a glimpse or snapshot of their entire existence without actually knowing them? Why do we have a conscience mind? Why does love exists, and why is it so profoundly attached to us. Why is mankind so naturally attracted to doing evil deeds/thoughts?

These are all supernatural-like attributes that exists within our lives that science cannot fully explain. In a perfect scientific world, love, evil, etc wouldn't exist, however it does, and so now all a sudden here in 2011 those who still believe in a heavenly Father who sent a heavenly son to save us is just pure bullshit and ignorance?

Last edited by Legend of Josh; 11-12-2011 at 03:02 AM.