Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    OKC Basketball
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Someone please explain this to me.

Serious playground baller TheWitness's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

i dunno why...

even james was wearing a t-shirt like thingy in his Highschool days...

thats even highschool and not College...

Learning to shoot layups pillage's Avatar

Default Re: Why do college players wear T-shirts under their jerseys and NBA players don't?

Rules in NBA are more strict, plus most players do it because they're insecure about their frame. Being in the NBA theyre usually bigger. ;)

Most heard reason is bc the fabric of jerseys irritate them.

*I read Ewing started the 'trend' when he wore a shirt under his jerseys because he used to catch a cold. I call bull****.
    Last edited by pillage; 03-03-2009 at 06:34 AM.

plus NBA players wear tight bodyfit thingies instead of T-shirts!

Pretty sure NBA players don't wear shirts under jerseys because it's against dress-code. Just like some teams won't allow you to wear a headband (ie: Bulls, Heat) to name a couple teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pretty sure NBA players don't wear shirts under jerseys because it's against dress-code. Just like some teams won't allow you to wear a headband (ie: Bulls, Heat) to name a couple teams.

LOL thats weird... its just now that i noticed that no players on the Bulls and heat line up wears headbands! hahaha!

Clifford Robinson doesnt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitness
    LOL thats weird... its just now that i noticed that no players on the Bulls and heat line up wears headbands! hahaha!
    I don't think they ever have. When Larry Hughes got traded to the Bulls last year he had to dump the headband when he was using it in Cleveland. The same with Jermaine O'Neal to the Heat. He wore it with the Raptors then had to dump it with the Heat.

It's just one of those things. Like in baseball some teams want you to be cleaning shaven except for a mustache (ie: Reds and Yankees).

hmmmmm got me thinking what if Melo went to the bulls...

i thought i herd from somewhere, that they have to wear shirt underneath is because there a freshman or something, im not sure abt the order b/c im from Australia so.... i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    not true about the Heat. Jermaine O'Neal wears a headband

Dunking on everybody in the park mika's Avatar

under armour

a lot of it probably has to do with the nba rules though, they banned tights and recently dwyane wade's illustrated band aids.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gevz2kX
    not true about the Heat. Jermaine O'Neal wears a headband
    He did in Indiana and Toronto, but if you've actually seen him in a game in Miami, you'd know he doesn't wear one. He looks f'n weird without a sweatband.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    He did in Indiana and Toronto, but if you've actually seen him in a game in Miami, you'd know he doesn't wear one. He looks f'n weird without a sweatband.

Yeah, I

Dont you guys have some retarded **** about covering up tattoos as well?