Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else on here introverted?

I am 100% introvert according to some test.

The thought of going out meeting new people is very unpleasant to me.

Dinners, birthday, weddings. All events with meaningless small talk and conversations. They are all very unpleasant.

Watching anime is pretty gay though. At least watch a good series...LOST or something.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I don't know how one could watch anime on such a regular basis.

It's not bad. I'll watch some anime after watching 20 or so films, but to have it be the majority of one's viewing is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    They don't bite. It never hurts to ask. Don't go for the social butterfly, find a girl who seems quiet like you, maybe a bit shy/reserved and ask her to the homecoming. She might say no and that's ok but she might say yes.
    I try, but it turns out badly usually

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Trying having your girlfriend leave you for someone else, it totally kills all your confidence Just talk to girls in your classes.
    What did he have that you didn't? Did you ever figure it out?

5-time NBA All-Star

Look kid I'm as big of a natural loner as any who likes to think and embraces solitude but being an introvert is no excuse for not getting your social needs met or providing companionship to others. All you have to do is get rid of any of your self-consciousness and just express yourself.

All it means is that you get energized from staying away from people. Your habits make your destiny. So get on it. Because there are more than 300 milli people out there in the U.S. and chances are you're not a special snowflake. There are others interested in spending time with you.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 08-28-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    It's simple really tho. Just make small talk and adjust on the fly. Don't start a conversation to specifically talk about Homecoming, but instead work it into a conversation you're already having

You: "So are you going to Homecoming?"

If she says yes, she'll more than likely ask if you are too. If she already says she's got a date/she's going, then just play it off and move on

You: "Nah probably not. Not really my kinda thing. Have fun though"

If she says no...

You: "Oh how come?"

If she says she's not going because she doesn't have a date...

You: "yeah me neither" (kinda gague the look on her face after that. you'll be able to tell if she's thinking 'go with me')

If she looks like she might want you to ask her

You: "well if you wanna go maybe we could go together?"

Worst that will really happen if you word it like that is she'll say "maybe" to leave the option open

shhhhhhh

Keep trying, be yourself. Don't try and act cool or strike a pose

I was the shiest/shyest? sp* kid in school around girls, luckily I was also the most stubborn. if I could get over it anyone can

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    What did he have that you didn't? Did you ever figure it out?
    If I knew I'd tell you but I have no idea, I'm pretty much over it at this point though, I'll live The only problem is I have to start meeting people now.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    It's simple really tho. Just make small talk and adjust on the fly. Don't start a conversation to specifically talk about Homecoming, but instead work it into a conversation you're already having

You: "So are you going to Homecoming?"

If she says yes, she'll more than likely ask if you are too. If she already says she's got a date/she's going, then just play it off and move on

You: "Nah probably not. Not really my kinda thing. Have fun though"

If she says no...

You: "Oh how come?"

If she says she's not going because she doesn't have a date...

You: "yeah me neither" (kinda gague the look on her face after that. you'll be able to tell if she's thinking 'go with me')

If she looks like she might want you to ask her

You: "well if you wanna go maybe we could go together?"

Worst that will really happen if you word it like that is she'll say "maybe" to leave the option open
    The problem is that for me anything that can go wrong will go wrong in some way. I'll say something unbelievably stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Keep trying, be yourself. Don't try and act cool or strike a pose

I was the shiest/shyest? sp* kid in school around girls, luckily I was also the most stubborn. if I could get over it anyone can
    Don't worry i couldn't act cool if i tried

5-time NBA All-Star

Talking to girls is hard.
    You serious?

It's the easiest thing in the world.

The hard part is building stable male friendships IMO.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

dont be scary pants, jameer. Remember when Jameer banked that 3 against the celtics? Bank yo girl the same way.

The problem is that for me anything that can go wrong will go wrong in some way. I'll say something unbelievably stupid.
    The thing to remember is girls love to talk. Too damn much. But in your case use that to your advantage. The less you say the better.

Just react with as few words as possible. Don't try to be cool or funny, just react lol. If she asks how your day is going, say "pretty good, how bout yours". If she asks if you're excited for Homecoming, say "eh maybe a little, how bout you?". Shit if she even asks what your favorite food is say "I'll eat just about anything, how bout you?"

Let her do the majority of the talking and just react when you see a window

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    The thing to remember is girls love to talk. Too damn much. But in your case use that to your advantage. The less you say the better.

Just react with as few words as possible. Don't try to be cool or funny, just react lol. If she asks how your day is going, say "pretty good, how bout yours". If she asks if you're excited for Homecoming, say "eh maybe a little, how bout you?". Shit if she even asks what your favorite food is say "I'll eat just about anything, how bout you?"

Let her do the majority of the talking and just react when you see a window
    "how many other gurls you had sex before", "eh, I had my fair share, how about you?"

shhhhhhh

Don't worry i couldn't act cool if i tried
    Everybody says something stupid. You'll say something dumb she'll say something dumb.. Don't worry about it.

Is there a certain girl you'd like to ask? Is that what's causing all the trepidation?

Love Live Life

Homecoming is coming up soon for me and I already know it's going to be exactly like last year: me sitting at home and watching anime. Not necessarily a bad thing since I hate crowds of people, but I always feel bad about it. Like "oh i should have went" or something like that. I'm always thinking of girls I wanna ask out, but I know I never will because it's so hard for me to get out of my comfort zone. I'm not really socially awkward just terrible at interacting with people I don't know.

Anyways I'm just one of those people who prefer to just be alone. Social interaction tires my body out completely. It was really bad how much I stayed in the house over the summer since I got out of shape for the season and now I'm paying for it. To give you an estimate I don't think I even had 2k posts before this Summer started. Everytime someone wanted to hang out I made excuses. I may sound like a complete loser here, but I'm just really bad at interacting outside of my circle of friends. Unless we're talking about the NBA or something.

Sorry ISH had to get that off my chest. I want to here more about you guys though, so /discuss
    You need to get out and enjoy your youth bro.

When you get older you gonna wish you would've went to all the functions.

Get out and meet a girl and get your knob wet