Default Question for Knicks fans. What is the most important change needed to fix this?

No troll I am genuinely curious to see the perspective of fans who watch this team regularly. I honestly don't understand how they are struggling so much when it looked like they were on the right track just a few short years ago and with similar personnel.

Default Re: Question for Knicks fans. What is the most important change needed to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    No troll I am genuinely curious to see the perspective of fans who watch this team regularly. I honestly don't understand how they are struggling so much when it looked like they were on the right track just a few short years ago and with similar personnel.
    That was a different team back them.
    Melo is the same.
    JR smith was still good before suffering a knee injury.
    Shumpert was serviceable.
    Chandler was there. Quit on the team last year.
    Plethora of three point shooters.

Default Re: Question for Knicks fans. What is the most important change needed to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    That was a different team back them.
    Melo is the same.
    JR smith was still good before suffering a knee injury.
    Shumpert was serviceable.
    Chandler was there.
    Plethora of three point shooters.
    What I'm having a hard time understanding is how they went from a solid playoff team to a record of 5-27 where they are at now. That shit is a drastic change.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

First things first, let all the expirers go and resign players that know how to play basketball.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    What I'm having a hard time understanding is how they went from a solid playoff team to a record of 5-27 where they are at now. That shit is a drastic change.
    The regression of Chandler, Shumpert, Felton and JR
    The loss of Kidd, who's leadership and absurd 3 pt shooting early in the year were sorely missed

I think head coach. I never bought into Fisher as a head coach. Kept hearing how he wants to move to a front office job, and that head coach is a stepping stone for him

Carmelo, JR, Bargnani need to be healthy. They are the 3 best players. Their health and Calderon not being the Toronto Calderon are the biggest reasons the squad they do have has done what it has.

Then to run the triangle or any balanced offense you would need at minimum- another guard and another big that can do something w the ball. And need a defensive/rebounding big.

I was the fool on the Knicks board because I wanted Larry sanders (who Knicks didn't have enough to get), but more realistically at least something like Brandon knight and illyasova. Had the Knicks done something like knight and illyasova for hardaway, Larkin, dalembert, thanasis, and picks the season is completely different.

Knick fans hated the idea of improving now because of being so convinced gasol and Durant types would be knocking on the door begging to come over for cap space. They want to go from the ground to the top of a ladder without climbing any of the rungs. Now they realize that gasol isn't as likely so they've decided the number 1 pick is franchise player. So what if it's a 6-9 center (okafor won't end up the #1 pick, but they can wait to read that later. Then become convinced that Westbrook will come on over in 2 years)

It would have been a better plan to try to start getting better now and figure out how to maneuver for a superstar when the time comes that a star wants to join. This idea that cap space and the city of New York and the blue and orange is all you'd need was and is laughable.

Absolute musts to trim it around?
    Carmelo, jr, bargnani gey healthy
    Amare gets traded
    Shumpert needs to be moved to pg if they don't get a starting guard in a trade. (In the triangle a 2 guard front offense if you can't play 1 you can't play 2). Shumpert defending at the 1 would be a huge step in itself
    Last edited by el gringos; 12-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Win some DAMN games, get great trade deals before the deadline, and other than that Idk. I just hope there's no money under the table deals going on for my team to suck this bad

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Win some DAMN games, get great trade deals before the deadline, and other than that Idk. I just hope there's no money under the table deals going on for my team to suck this bad
    thank you for your input as always real14. very insightful. I am sure the reason the knicks have been losing is because of under the table deals

Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract
    Amare's contract