Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Second Round Preview - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked the Mavs to win, it's not impossible for them to pull it off, but Dallas matches up horrible vs the Lakers.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 04-29-2011 at 05:20 AM.

I rep my cat, Nurple. FadeAwayJ13's Avatar

Default Re: The Last time the Lakers-Mavs played each other in the postseason...

I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Default Re: The Last time the Lakers-Mavs played each other in the postseason...

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

So true, btw who do you think will replace Michael Scott?

This is probably the only series in the entire playoffs that i wont cheer for anyone, that means it will be the best to watch

Lakers in 7

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Dirk is taking them lakers down!

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked the Mavs to win, it's not impossible for them to pull it off, but Dallas matches up horrible vs the Lakers.
    More then 50% of non-Laker fans literally are picking Dallas...but then again, why am I not surprised by this retarded forum?

The biggest disadvantage Dallas has is their constant trash talking with the Lakers; LA have not once came out and said anything about Dallas. Yet we have Cuban making remarks regarding Phil "He's the boss's daughter play toy"; Terry making remarks about how his team is looking past LA and how he's not worried about them at all.

These words will come to bite them in the ass. Dallas are a jump shooting team; they literally only have Tyson Chandler as their only low post presence and he doesn't exactly look to score. LA's defense is as good as it gets; they can be as dominant as any team in this league when they attempt to play defense. Their only real problems is guarding the PG; Kidd is too old to dominant this series so a lot will depend on how well Barea plays.

If that's the case, what's not to like if you're a Laker fan?
    I see LA winning in 5 or 6 games; if Dallas shoots well, it can be stretched to game seven. It's hard for me to imagine LA won't be up for this series considering all the trash the Dallas organization were spewing this past regular season about the Lakers.

Perfect opportunity for payback, I hope the Staples crowd actually gives us a home-court advantage in this round; they were absolutely pitiful in round 1.

Go LakeShow, we got the matchup we wanted now it's time to cut their throats. ****ing hate Dallas and that entire organization.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    It'll be a 7-game series. You're not giving LAL any credit if you think the Mavs win in 5 games and do it on a 4-straight win streak.
    And you're giving way too much credit to Dallas...
    I think you all seen what happens to Dallas when LA are motivated? They beat their asses in their own building and then literally ass raped them at Staples.

By the way, that was AFTER Terry made his remark about LA.
    I just want LA to come out from the get-go and just punish this team; a sweep is definitely not out of the question. However, Dallas is a great road team as well as a good home team; so I definitely don't see it being a sweep or a five game series. I see Dallas winning two games in this series; I see game seven having as much of a chance of happening as LA sweeping them out-right.

Dallas just doesn't match-up well with LA, people still don't get that. They think Dallas can just have these offensive outbursts at any time versus LA which is down right incorrect. Those hot bursts don't work when a team's size advantage starts getting your players in foul trouble, grabbing offensive rebounds and dominating the paint. Eventually frustration will set in (if you're Dallas) and your confidence gets derailed. Dirk will have to have an epic series for Dallas to even have a chance against LA; Kobe will have a better series against Dallas then he did against New Orleans.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    More then 50% of non-Laker fans literally are picking Dallas...but then again, why am I not surprised by this retarded forum?

The biggest disadvantage Dallas has is their constant trash talking with the Lakers; LA have not once came out and said anything about Dallas. Yet we have Cuban making remarks regarding Phil "He's the boss's daughter play toy"; Terry making remarks about how his team is looking past LA and how he's not worried about them at all.

These words will come to bite them in the ass. Dallas are a jump shooting team; they literally only have Tyson Chandler as their only low post presence and he doesn't exactly look to score. LA's defense is as good as it gets; they can be as dominant as any team in this league when they attempt to play defense. Their only real problems is guarding the PG; Kidd is too old to dominant this series so a lot will depend on how well Barea plays.

If that's the case, what's not to like if you're a Laker fan?
    I see LA winning in 5 or 6 games; if Dallas shoots well, it can be stretched to game seven. It's hard for me to imagine LA won't be up for this series considering all the trash the Dallas organization were spewing this past regular season about the Lakers.

Perfect opportunity for payback, I hope the Staples crowd actually gives us a home-court advantage in this round; they were absolutely pitiful in round 1.

Go LakeShow, we got the matchup we wanted now it's time to cut their throats. ****ing hate Dallas and that entire organization.

The Lakers winning will have nothing to do with trash talk. They just have better players, a better team, more experience, and a better coach. Kobe will be the best player in the series and the Lakers will be able to defend Dirk as well as anyone. They can throw Gasol/Bynum/Odom/Artest a Dirk...thats a nightmare. They can also force Dirk to play defense on Gasol/Odom throughout the games.

The Mavs don't have anyway to attack the on true weakness of the Lakers. Which is of course their inability to control dribble penetration. The Mavs have arguably the worst penetrating guards in the playoffs.

There are some rumors about Butler potentially playing. The only way I can see the Mavs making this a series is if Butler and Roddy both come back and play well. Without those guys, we simply don't have enough.

Which is a shame, because the Mavs at full strength would take this series to 7 and would have a legit chance in my opinion.

I'm going with the Lakers in 5 though. I don't see any logical reasons to pick the Mavs to win more than 1 or 2 games.

while I want Dallas to win I think they will have a hard time against Bynum, Gasol and Odom. I hope Im wrong but lakers in 5 or Dallas in 6

Banned

how can the Mavs match up to the Lakers' length?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

LA in 5 or Mavs in 7. Definitely no sweep either way. ^^

Banned

What the mentally ill Lakers fans keep forgetting is that you beat Dallas during the idiotic Beaubois experiment. When Stevenson started, Mavs beat the piss out of the Lakers. The Mavs' defensive lineup is going to give the Lakers some major fits, and my prediction is Dallas in 6.

LA in 6

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    What the mentally ill Lakers fans keep forgetting is that you beat Dallas during the idiotic Beaubois experiment. When Stevenson started, Mavs beat the piss out of the Lakers. The Mavs' defensive lineup is going to give the Lakers some major fits, and my prediction is Dallas in 6.
    Well, we had healthy Butler back then. If Caron was 100% healthy, I'd definitely pick the Mavs to win this upcoming series.

Everything is set. Rick's asinine rotations. Bad chemistry in starting unit (beaubois and marion do not play well off each other), too many inefficient players wanting to score, players who anchor both offense and defense will get no minutes (deshawn stevenson).
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=215628

Your predictions hold no weight.