Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #46
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers of the East?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I am still on the fence with Vinny...his offense leaves a lot to be desired. I do think he can communicate with these young players and he is someone that I would say has several intangibles going for him and the team.

Isn't Tom Thibodaux available this summer? I think he would be a terrific compliment to Vinny and fit this team to a T. We have a roster of mostly young athletic hard-nosed guys that I think Tom could do wonders with. Noah, Taj, Asik, and (?) is a very good rotation of bigs to develop into a scary group around the basket. Rose is super talented and seems committed to playing on both ends of the court, JJ is looking like he might excel in that area and depending on what the brain-trust does, we might still have Kirk.

If you put someone like Thibodaux right next to Vinny with this group I think this team can shut down any offense. I think it would be like Scott Skiles Bulls team a few years ago on steroids.

Anybody else interested in this idea?

If it's offense you're concerned about, how would Thibodaux help this team when he's a defensive minded coach? It doesn't solve the issue in which most seem to be concerned about.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #47
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Tom Thibodaux isn't an assistant with Boston again, he is going to be a head coach next year for a team that will offer him respectable money and a decent roster(looking at Philly and Denver.) I wouldn't hold my breath on him coming to Chicago to work under VDN.

I also don't know how he would be a compliment to Vinny, as I have yet to see any evidence that they think alike. I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening, even when we consider our strong off-season situation. Tom as a Bulls assistant would be one hell of an upgrade, and if the Bulls did have a shot at bringing him in.

There are quite a few staff upgrades out there for the Bulls come this off season. If VDN is still here, he needs to put his .02 on who will work with this team and himself. IMO, that is the only way we can see improvements, and not just a lot of shifting of names.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #48
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I just don't see Vinny coming back, but I think he deserves a chance to coach an improved roster. But I don't know how it would all turn out. Let's say he's not the answer at the head coaching position and he ends up being fired sometime during next season or after next season then that'll be half a season or a whole season that will be wasted and force players to get readjusted wit a new coach and new system, etc. So the organization really has to decide if they think they are going to committ to him for a decent period of time. Let's say atleast 3 years or something along those lines. If not, then just let him go at the end of this season. Hire a head coach you see being here for the long term and let him pick his own staff. None of our assistants should be brought back in my opinion.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #49
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I just don't see Vinny coming back, but I think he deserves a chance to coach an improved roster. But I don't know how it would all turn out. Let's say he's not the answer at the head coaching position and he ends up being fired sometime during next season or after next season then that'll be half a season or a whole season that will be wasted and force players to get readjusted wit a new coach and new system, etc. So the organization really has to decide if they think they are going to committ to him for a decent period of time. Let's say atleast 3 years or something along those lines. If not, then just let him go at the end of this season. Hire a head coach you see being here for the long term and let him pick his own staff. None of our assistants should be brought back in my opinion.

great points esp about the assistant coaches. One thing that the team really needs to factor in is the opinion of the future big time Free agents. Do they really want to be coached by Vinny or would they prefer someone who is more proven to win, someone they really respect etc.
I used to be a big critic of Vinny but I saw potential from the last yrs playoffs and how they defended the first 50 games this season. I really feel if he had ample support, if he had competent proven assistants, this team would have won more games despite some of their key injuries.
I see Vinny finding an assistant coaching gig somewhere else. Just like Terry Stotts, Heard etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #50
willyneu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

Vinny has shown promise prior to injuries to Rose, Deng & Noah. Having an assistant who has gone through injuries would have been a big plus.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: