Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-11-2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Bronco303
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bronco303 has an OK reputation so far
Default Real Nuggets Fans Address Only

Real nuggs fans read and let me know what you think

http://talkhoops.net/DenverForkInRoad.html
Bronco303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Real Nuggets Fans Address Only

A lot of that article is a bit overexaggerated, and some parts of it are just plain wrong. He's suggesting dumping Blake for Barnes? And who will the point guard be again? Iverson? Then whose backup? He also said the Nuggets didn't run any plays from games 2-5 against the Spurs. Obviously an exaggeration.

Awkward article.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Fatal_Flaw has an OK reputation so far

I thought that most of the article was on point, except for the Matt Barnes part. No way Denver is getting Matt Barnes. Besides that, he was basically right about what happened against the Spurs. Did George Karl get thoroughly outcoached without making adjustments? Yes. Did AI shoot too much? Yes. Richie, I know AI's your boy, but even you can admit that after game 1 he completely sucked. Should Karl have given Melo and Nene more looks? Yes.

The Nuggets have all the talent in the world, but they won't go anywhere until (a) George Karl finally gets his act together or (b) they make a coaching change. George Karl was basically given a free pass last year because of everything going on with his son. However, next year he'll have no excuses. If the Nuggets don't get past the first round next year, Karl should definitely be fired.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Bronco303
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bronco303 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
A lot of that article is a bit overexaggerated, and some parts of it are just plain wrong. He's suggesting dumping Blake for Barnes? And who will the point guard be again? Iverson? Then whose backup? He also said the Nuggets didn't run any plays from games 2-5 against the Spurs. Obviously an exaggeration.

Awkward article.

Blake is leaving because the nuggets can't afford him.its not suggeting dumping him for barnes...either way the nuggets are losing a point guard and have to bring one in. They won't get anyone better then blake because of the money issues.They are talking about bringing in Breven knight who got realesed by charlotte.Thats a drop-off at point in my opinion.If you put A.I. at point it gives you a bigger back court which is better for defense and also A.I. led the team in assist the whole year.Instead of wasting money on a scrub point just to get the ball to A.I. and melo,with A.I. at the point he already has the ball AND he can penetrate and dish better then anybody on our team.The nuggets need a solid two guard that can guard peremeter players and hit open 3s,not another point to dribble up the floor just to hand it off.And as far as the spurs name one play the nuggets ran? If A.I. shot it 16 more times then melo its pretty clear what the game plan was...
Bronco303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
Fatal_Flaw
I hit open 5-footers

Fatal_Flaw has an OK reputation so far

Perfect Nuggets offseason: Get Chucky Atkins and either Eddie Jones or Devin Brown and let the chips fall where they may. They'll have enough talent and the right mix of guys to really contend next year.

If they follow this blueprint and still don't get out the first round, George Karl is done. Plain and simple.
Fatal_Flaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: